Massive 3d Wip!

WOW i mean just WOW! your damn good at this! when your done with the scene send a pic of it to valve and see what they think :)

I think they woulds say.. omg you are shit.. you stole our beta and now you are going to teh city17 jail Oo

I could maybe help you with that, textures and modelling :)

Here is one of my early attempts at modeling :( lol

Attachments

• gggggggggggg.jpg
    gggggggggggg.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 421
hey.. thats a nice sword.. nice work MASTER. it looks like you can handel more then photoshop filters ;P *friendly poke*

Nice work bmw, if you don't feel comfortable doing the more advanced modeling, how about making that hand rail? Shouldn't be too hard, and then mb a nice texture? Let me know what you have time for! :)

Originally posted by nw909
How far are you in this now?

Took a few days off, big project at work... actually presenting it this morning (its 12:19 AM here) to a one billion dollar company, hopefully we will win the bid to make their website.

Wish me luck! And don't worry, i'm still working on the project, and will be able to kick it into high gear again starting today.

just show them this :p and you get to make them a game too :D

Kinda neat idea but I don't see the point.
Especially with the new editor coming out soon.

If you need help, you could always ask around on other boards.

well i'm sorry to say but school will be starting in about half a week and I will have less time to spend on the forums and doing wallpapers and stuff

:borg:

Originally posted by mindless_moder
ill be able to unwrap and texture stuff:)

Can you make a texture for the railing that is shown along to concrete pathway? That would really help me out, it looks as if its a white rail with paint chips coming off or something. I could be wrong though, as long as it sorta looks like that. Hehe.

I use LW6, explain what unwrapping is really... normally I just make a texture, and apply it as a planer map (in the case of the walls/floors), or as a cylinder map (the pole). I think what you mean is UV mapping or whatever, but I don't really know how to do that.. the railing would be a basic texture anyhow though, it doesn't have to be something that fits exactly. You think you could just make a generic texture for it, and I can adjust it or whatever if needed.

I could help for anything but I use 3dsMax5 and Photoshop7 only... no Lightwave

Could someone who is fairly decent at photoshop replicate the HUD of HL2 for me? I'm pretty sure I saw it in some screen caps or a video. I could add this on so that the screen shots would look more realistic. Also was there screenshots with the crowbar or gun in first person? Or just low res videos...

hmm, if anyones got a load of shots of the antlions, i'll give a go at building one for you :cheese:

Alright, im making up a package for you that contains some screenshots of them. Some of these might not be antlions, but I'm just going to put them in there anyway, they look similiar lol.

ok thanks :cheese:

a quick shot of the back shell of it, done of the top of head, not sure if its anywhere near correct... :x

ant_lion1.jpg

http://www.******/gallery/scans

anyway.. ****** has the most hl2 images. so. i hope you find this post helpfull stone. goodluck with your antlion modeling

thanks EVIL, i just remembered that i've got the PC Gamer HL2 special edition here, with all the big versions of th screen shots :p...lots of ant-lion referance :p

tim8604, write out a list of what needs doing and i'll see if i can have a go at some of them, aswell as everyone else

Originally posted by tim8604
Could someone who is fairly decent at photoshop replicate the HUD of HL2 for me? I'm pretty sure I saw it in some screen caps or a video. I could add this on so that the screen shots would look more realistic. Also was there screenshots with the crowbar or gun in first person? Or just low res videos...

here is my attempt, i can make it look a lot sharper if you want, just wanted to keep it the same size as the original while i was making it.

mine is the top

Attachments

• hl2_hud.jpg
    hl2_hud.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 332
pretty good, the 1 needs some work and the 6 and 0 in 60 dont seem to line up perfectly

minor points though, lookin good

yeh i cant find the font they use, but Century Gothic is close so i use that then overlay the original over oO

What I need

That HUD looks great. I think it will be able to pass as the real thing. Any way you could post that in psd format or possibly email it to me? Also, when we try to fool another HL2 page into thinking these are new screen shots, i'm going to send them low - rez shots so that they can't "nit pick" very much to see if they are real.

Hey guys, someone mentioned making a list of what needs to be done, so here are some of the things that need to be worked on.

I have X'ed the things I will try to work on.
------------------------------------------------------------
[X] handrail model
[X] handrail texture
[X] light model with metal guard ( its on the red stripe of the wall )
[X] light model with metal guard texture
[ ] chain link fence (I think I'm just going to do this through alpha maps)
[ ] barrel model
[ ] barrel texture
[ ] hanging lights from arch
[ ] hanging lights from arch texture
[ ] model of desk or box thingy? ?
[ ] texture for it
[ ] stairs / steps of some kind ??
[ ] texture for stairs / steps
------------------------------------------------------------
I'll do the handrail and texture for that I guess, and the wall light, so if anyone could tackle any of those other things. The barrel should be fairly easy, along with the hanging lights.

I attached a picture showing where each of these go except for the steps.

i actually tried the hanging lights last night, but I wasnt happy with them so i'll keep on tweaking and changing stuff till it looks better. I'll probably have to find a close up reference cos its hard to see from far back.

oh and i think the desk thing at the end is a matress, well thats what it loos like to me

Originally posted by Stone
a quick Barrel.....

nice barrel, the ridges are a little to big tho, heres a closeup pic of a similar barrel just for reference.

And i think i'm going to give up on the ant-lion, its really just anoying me now...

I'm pretty pleased with the back sheel now, but the rest is just not doing so wel, so if anyone wants to finish this just say and i'll send or post the model to you :cheese:

here it is so far anywho.....

Attachments

• ant-lion2.jpg
    ant-lion2.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 299
i've started the fence, what you want it to be like? the fences at the start of bugbait?

Attachments

• fence01.jpg
    fence01.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 336
switch, that is looking good. Any way you can make it a bit more metallic? Or is that just the transparency map?

and in other news, I should have an update in a couple of hours to show you guys..

Back