Massive 3d Wip!

1. I wanted to give the HL look so that's why the floor sucks ;-)
2. I used Bump Maps
3. The lightning sucks... yea I agree, it's still WIP cuz i need to put the suspended lights... but do you want the scene to have the same lightning as the ref pic ... or? cuz I like the dark atmosphere but maybe somebody could render it in brazil for me ?

4. It's a design decision, not a technical limitation :LOL:

Seriously guys thanks for the help and post more comments, and be specific please :cool:

oh, the bumpmaps probably suck because the lightning sucks ;)

I'll just wait till ur finished :)

Those Barrels stick out like a thing that sticks out alot...

anywho, they are too big, and need to be darker (ie less bright) and the texture looks off....

Ok so would you like more detailed textures or do you want the HL look? Anyway some of them are not even as detailed as HL so i'll correct that! thanks ... and for the barrel... well, again I think the problem is the lightning wich i'll try to fix, not sure about the dimensions but i'll see if they're too big

Go with the highly detailed textures and make your bump maps more noticeable, like this:

http://www.magnumforce.0catch.com/barrel.jpg

WIP
( ignore the texture on the barrel, and then the hand rail entirely )

Oh, what's that... a never before seen shot..... could it be??? no...

ok i'll do that, if u have any bump map that i could use.... u can post them :cool:

Originally posted by Ti133700N
ok i'll do that, if u have any bump map that i could use.... u can post them :cool:

All you gotta do is adjust a few color settings on a texture to make it grey scale, then mess with the brightness and contrast till you get something that looks good :). I used your wall texture for this.

Attachments

• hl2prisonwalls_bump.jpg
    hl2prisonwalls_bump.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 350
hm, been busy lately... but here's a quick update.

C/C welcome but take into account this is WIP and I am aware of many of the lighting/texture issues. Feel free to mention them though anyhow in case its something I missed.

new.jpg

edit: just uploaded this for you lazy people who dont want to log in...

and no that isn't heaven in the background, just a construction zone with a LOT of work lights..

Originally posted by rootbin
the rust on the handrail is too soft.

I know :). That is just a procedural to fill in for the texture I have not done yet. Thanks for pointing out out though, i'll have another update soon probably.

Originally posted by tim8604
All you gotta do is adjust a few color settings on a texture to make it grey scale, then mess with the brightness and contrast till you get something that looks good :). I used your wall texture for this.

I would invert that one, not that it really matters, but it's more logical imho :p
(or maybe it's just me)

Back