Max Payne 2 Trailer... characters look better than hl2 or good as.. download inside!

wget'ing http://pcmovies.ign.com/pc/video/maxpayne2_091203_001.mov .....

0K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 0%]
50K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 0%]
100K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 1%]
150K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 1%]
200K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 1%]
250K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 2%]
300K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 2%]
350K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 2%]
400K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 3%]
450K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 3%]
500K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 4%]
550K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 4%]
600K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 4%]
650K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 5%]
700K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 5%]
750K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 5%]
800K -> .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... [ 6%]

FASTERRRR

The first Max Payne was terrible. Horrible AI, horrible story, and the whole 'kill minions and then face boss' thing on every goddamn level was awful.

Just a bunch of shit covered up by the Bullet Time gimick (admittedly a very good gimmick)

It's already in off-topic. Phase or delete.

But yes, it does look nice. And you know they want you to buy it when they show a sex scene...

Originally posted by Solus
The first Max Payne was terrible. Horrible AI, horrible story, and the whole 'kill minions and then face boss' thing on every goddamn level was awful.

Just a bunch of shit covered up by the Bullet Time gimick (admittedly a very good gimmick)

Fanboy

Originally posted by Solus

max payne was great, you suck.

Re: Max Payne 2 Trailer... characters look better than hl2 or good as.. download insi

"do the character models look good as hl2 or better..?"

MP2 does look pretty awesome and I'm definitely going to pick it up next month, but no good can come from asking that question, especially in this forum.

No FPS game to date has models looking better then those in Half-Life 2. There, I said it.

Now I want to see some nice comebacks and flaming.

They don't look as good but they still look very nice.

I enjoyed the original Max Payne.

Yeah the first Max Payne was the shit. Dual Uzi slow motion action still hasn't been topped in the 3d person genre.

But the game looks no where as good as Hl2, enviornments or characters.

Re: Max Payne 2 Trailer... characters look better than hl2 or good as.. download insi

Originally posted by illspirit44
http://pcmovies.ign.com/pc/video/maxpayne2_091203_001.mov

do the character models look good as hl2 or better..? what do u think.. this game looks sweet..

They only look better because its horrible video quality. Take a look at the screen the faces look like shit. Plus you didnt even get a good look at the faces. Go take a look at screens they look bad.

max payne blew ass NO MULTIPLAYER....woop, there goes ANY replay ability :p

Umm, Compared to Alyx in the Kleiners Lab video, Those are pretty damn poor, and what am i looking at He blinked once, Absaloutly no other facial animation was seen...

Originally posted by Lobster
Umm, Compared to Alyx in the Kleiners Lab video, Those are pretty damn poor, and what am i looking at He blinked once, Absaloutly no other facial animation was seen...

Oh God no facial animations... I AM NOT GONNA BUY THIS CRAPPY GAME

i liked max payne, bought it for xbox, sold it.. wouldnt buy it agian.

It looks really good. When I heard it was still using the MaxPayne 1 engine I thought it would lag behind the rest of the modern games but it obviously looks great.
Characters don't look as good as HL2 but you have to take into account the amount of time and resources Valve had to work on their characters....

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
OMFG ROFL. That was great man.

yeah cuz we all know. As of now if a game has no facial animations it is definately a BAD game... yeeesssss

Dude i didnt say the game sucked, Look at the topic, the guy was saying the charecters are better, I love max payne, but when it comes to charecters i think HL2 cleans up.

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
OMFG ROFL. That was great man.

I loved max payne, it was great. I am definatly gonna buy MP 2 right when it comes out unless HL2 comes out on time. *crosses fingers*

just saw the trailer.. looks great, cant complAIN. although.. im looking forward to hl2 much much more.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Max Payne 2 vs. Half-Life 2

LEEEEETS GO!

lol, yeah right, like we don't see enough of those..man! who is this guy!? i love him to death, he's so funny

You know why there was no MP on Max Payne ? Because its impossible to create bullet time in a multiplayer enviroment. THINK about it. You cant have one person see everything slow while everyone runs at a normal speed. Its impossible to do slow mo in a multiplayer world without everyone slowing down. Its this little thing called time.

Originally posted by Apocaliptik
You know why there was no MP on Max Payne ? Because its impossible to create bullet time in a multiplayer enviroment. THINK about it. You cant have one person see everything slow while everyone runs at a normal speed. Its impossible to do slow mo in a multiplayer world without everyone slowing down. Its this little thing called time.

lol.. so ****ing true.. heh.

max payne 2 is maybe a great game but the engine is not as good as source.

its their own in-house max-fx engine, well max-fx 2 i guess, heh.

you have to be blind to compare the two they are two different games and maxpayne 2 is the simpler by far.

Originally posted by droper
you have to be blind to compare the two they are two different games and maxpayne 2 is the simpler by far.

what?

Originally posted by Apocaliptik

they could of made bullet time like a powerup, and when u get it everyone in the area is slowed down ( inculding bullets ) but you are able to move at regular speed.. practically the same thing

Well, I thought the first max payne was great. Theres even been a lot of cool mods that have come out for it.

actually, it IS possible, its just horrible...
there was a mutator for UT2k3 that did it, problem was, you hit bullet time, and so did EVERYONE else on the server....

The face textures look very good, but there's not a lot of animation to them.

max payne2 character model is been dicussed but since there are many newbie here, let me point that something again.
look at the following pictures:
2.html

12.html

11.html

In the first picture, the girl's eyes looks damn dead, it doesn't reflect light.
In the second picture, man, look at his hair and beard, that's urgly. and the same dead eyes.
In the third picture, the model looks ok and i don't know whether they can have facial expression; i heard that they build the models with more facial muscles than those in hl2 but i'm not sure . However, if such a model is built with source engine, the leather coat should reflect light as well as we have seen in the Source engine video(the antlion). In the picture, the leather coat has very poor textures, the reflection of light seem to be draw on it.

Now look at Alex, look at her animated eyes:
screenshot.asp

The character model in max payne2 is not so bad, but they don't really look nicer than those in hl2.

THis is my opinion, but i back it up with in-game pictures. Besides, max payne2 will be out at October, they don't necessarily have higher tech than source engine.

Back