Media framerate

Reaction score
I have this thought. When I saw the media, it ran pretty smooth. The actual graphics may be exactly the video showed. Since the video ran pretty smooth, maybe the actually game would run smooth. These media are probably made to demonstrate how your computer would run Half-Life 2.:cheers:

Not quite. The video is already pre-rendered for you, the game is not.

But if you video isn't running smooth, then yes you will definatelly have trouble with HL2.

Hrem...:) i don't think so, i have just a 800 Mhz, Pentium 3, 64 M graphic card, and it played smooth, but i think it won't be the same thing with the game :) There will be much more details in the game...

Yeah, that's not quite how it works, Tredoslop. The videos are only a direct feed of the demo played at e3. This way you can watch the pre-recorded video feed in all of its splendor without that stupid-ass clapping in the background whenever something cool happens ;)

Seeing as how the video is a single exe, that doesn't download any textures or models or audio files to your computer its not possible for this demo to show how the game will run on your computer.

Originally posted by GLMinorThreat
Seeing as how the video is a single exe, that doesn't download any textures or models or audio files to your computer its not possible for this demo to show how the game will run on your computer.

This is a video, it has already been rendered. (The quality is so good, you can't tell, right? :) )

Uhh... Like I just said... It would need the textures, and models, and audio and a few other things on your computer, to run a real time demo...

Heh Anyways.... Yeah It looks great.

To those that don't understand... Direct Feed means, the video is being recorded by the computer as the demo is being played. Not from a camera.

Wow..that vid is amazing IMO. Can't wait to see the more exciting ones :D

yup, the man said thats the way, and it dont get better than this, no no no

Originally posted by Tredoslop
I have this thought. When I saw the media, it ran pretty smooth. The actual graphics may be exactly the video showed. Since the video ran pretty smooth, maybe the actually game would run smooth. These media are probably made to demonstrate how your computer would run Half-Life 2.:cheers:

Stand back while I confiscate your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

hahahah, I remember people used to say simular things about ps1 games etc.
How come the GFX in the game aren't as good as the GFX on the intro. :)

Originally posted by Tredoslop

lol. I can convert and play the HL2 media on my DVD player.. Does that mean my DVD Player can play HL2?!

Back