Medieval Fortress?

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
Hey guys. I was kinda thinking of a way to incorporate my love of medieval warfare into half-life 2 in a mod somehow, without going completely crazy about it. I was thinking of trying to incoporate it somehow into something that I already enjoyed, team fortress classic.

Too bad i'm no good at making mods or anything involved(coding, modelling, etc), or else i'd tried to make something called Medieval Fortress, similiar to team fotress classic, but with a medieval flare :-P

The combat in a large part would be melee, but i'm also hoping of perhaps making sure ranged aspects are still evident in the game by giving classes a ranged attack of sorts.

I'm not sure what all the classes or their weapons could be yet, but I have a fairly decent idea so far :-P

Assassin(spy)
Weapons: Dagger, Darts
Info: This would basically be same as the spy class, able to disguise etc.

Carpenter(engineer)
Weapons: Not sure yet, but anything carpenterish would be great.
Info: Can construct things like regular engineer, but perhaps different. I was thinking maybe like a ballista instead of a sentry gun, and perhaps being able to make wooden doors in hallways which can be used as temporary defenses which can be hacked down by opposing forces with melee weapons. However, maybe they could also build a reinforced wooden door, with metal bars that can only be blown up by a sapper(below)? I dunno, ideas abound :-P

Sapper(Demoman)
Weapons: Unsure yet, trying to think of ways to have lots of explosives like the demoman, but still remain medieval in style.
Info: Basically same as demoman with medieval style weapons. Some of his larger explosion types could destroy the (limited) reinforced metal doors Carpenters could construct.

Physician(Medic)
Weapons: Leeches, Fleam(basically a medieval scalpel), unsure of a ranged attack
Info: Generally same as the medic in TFC with a medieval flare.

Foot Knight(Soldier)
Weapon: Longsword, Longbow?
Info: Similiar to a soldier in the game, pretty powerful

Messenger(Scout)
Weapons: Short Sword, Shortbow
Info: Very similiar to a scout, fast and observant etc

Marksman(Sniper)
Weapons: Crossbow(very powerful), Short Sword
Info: Same

Pyro
Weapons: ??
Info: This is a tough one. Trying to think of a medieval equivilent person who uses fire without going into the realm of fantasy with mages and stuff. I was thinking inquisitor(they burned people alive), but they wouldnt have any ranged attacks similiar to a flame thrower or anything. lol.

Berserker(Heavy Weapons Guy)
Weapons:Greataxe, Throwing Axe
Info: A big mean, fearsome warrior you'll be lucky to live against in melee or ranged combat. Pretty fearsome like in the TFC <grins>

Perhaps its just a crackpot scheme, or maybe i'm just hoping SOMEHOW the game has a mod or two that has medieval fighting in it, since weapons and everything are physically modelled etc.

EDIT: Forgot Heavy Weapons guy. Putting that in above.

Well, you don't need to have a comparable charcter for every Teamfortress character - I'd have cut the classes down to Man-At-Arms, Archer, Carpenter/sapper, and possibly Berserker. But an equivalent of the Pyro would be a naphtha thrower. Little jars of highly-combustible fuel get thrown.

-Angry Lawyer

Oh, right! Naphtha. stupid me. I shoulda known that, being a big fan of Medieval: Total War and all. ehehe.

I'd love to see this mod and play it..

here's some ideas, tell me what ya think..

Perhaps have a couple ridable armored horses spawn at each side every often (perhaps only on specific maps).. Then whoever is there at the time can jump onto it and ride it and fight while on it.

I think the foot knight should have a shield.

You could have castle walls made of individual stones (Or groups of stones as one object) that could be knocked down by a physically-simulated catapault...

[EDIT]: And the pyro could fire flaming arrows.

Hey, what if each character makes a catapault fire different things when they're in control of it?

Pyro: Greek fire.

Heavy: Big boulder.

Knight: Grapeshot.

... or something like that...

it's already being made

there is already a mod for this being made

come to #hlmedieval on irc.quakenet.net
we're lookin' for team members

Back