Medieval total war 2 - Who will be getting?

Espionage

Reaction score
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=RM02750&title=medieval_2_-_total_war_(dvd_rom)

6 Days remaining.

Who will be getting this game? Looks really good, I've loved the series but with money being tight I'm either going to get this or Rainbow Six Vegas.

RM02750_1_lq.jpg

EDIT: Wooooops this should be in games section, can MODS move please?

Think the good shit ;)

Got my pre-order in, hope i get paid before they debit my account though :O

Yes, I will get this. And I'll prolly spend most of my time with the TBS part. My aim is Rome. I am not not gonna settle for less than the Papal throne. And then onto Jerusalem for a Crusade. Sack Byzantium first and then conquer Outremer.

Not the good shit, sorry for my foor french
Le demo etait SHIT

It was like, my troops were already deplotyed and i had no chance to use my own tactiucs they just attacked me and i didnt have to do much to win what was the ****ing point stupid game

Not the good shit, sorry for my foor french
Le demo etait SHIT

It was like, my troops were already deplotyed and i had no chance to use my own tactiucs they just attacked me and i didnt have to do much to win what was the ****ing point stupid game

Ah yes because the demo was only giving you access to play historic battles. I.E no changing the past formation and see how you get on.

Still, this game looks really good and the multiplayer looks spot on, but it's almost a coin toss between this and Rainbox 6 Vegas.

It honestly depends on how well the ratings are. If it's like Rome: Total War, then yes, I will be getting it.

I want to get it so badly, as it is my most anticipated game of this year alongside armed assault... but I don't have any money! arrrrgh!

So I guess I'll have to wait until the reviews come in. Which is the best thing to do anyways.

If only my machine could run it on high settings and not crap out too bad...atleast from playing the demo. -.-

I had a flick through a PC Gamer (UK) today because they had medieval total war 2 on the cover... it got a nice meaty 94% :D

I can't wait for this game.. but its going to ruin my final year at uni :'(

Just bought it. Installing momentarily. I will post my first impressions / screens later on.

This game is great.

I really love the system for aquiring troops, much better than the previous system.

But is Sean Pertwee doing the voice acting??? I demand an answer, dammit

Dispatched by Amazon, may arrive in teh morning! :D

Great game. It's nothing revolutionary but it's just as addictive as Rome and the first Medieval (haven't played Shogun tbh). I started my campaign with the Venetians and I went right to the throat of the Byzantines from the gitgo. I first established a stable presence in the Adriatic and then moved on to Thessaloniki which the Byzantines left totally unguarded (garrisoned with 27 men, wtf?). They fought back and temporarily occupied one of my Adriatic towns but I soon retook that city with a whirlwind naval operation, landing troops on both sides of the city. I also made a deal with the Turks. They promised to attack Byzantium and they seem to keep their word. That may lower my standing with the pope though. My faction leader was already executed by the inquisition for heresy (he had a pagan magician in his entourage, heheheh) before that deal, so I am running the risk of getting excommunicated. I am building churches like crazy now and sending priests everywhere to spread the word, hehehe.

Ill have it in a few hours. Glad to hear its as addictive as Rome. I had gotten to just 4 more areas to conquer in the whole map when the game decided it would crash everytime I advance to the next turn.

I scrounged up enough money to buy it.

Had to sell my body.

Oh, I also heard there is some complaining about campaign AI... saying that it is generally stupid and inept? http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm55.showMessage?topicID=5972.topic

I was actually surprised by how smart it is. I took Thessaloniki from the Byzantians abd I garrisoned quite a lot of men there to protect it from a counter-attack, but in stead the AI decided to march on another of my cities that wasn't very well defended and that was the furthest away from my troops. I thought that was pretty smart.

I still have yet to try Rome Total War. D:

The only Total War game I've ever played is Shogun. o_o

Shogun was awesome.

This however, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the recruitment system. Major improvement.

Scotlands European domination will soon be underway >:)

*cough*...who does voice acting...*cough*

So, we can get it on Steam but only in America. What.

So, we can get it on Steam but only in America. What.

On steam? WTF. Why didn't I hear about this!?

EDIT: Hmm... available on the 15th. I'll get it sooner from ebgames.

Question, if I buy it retail, will I be able to play it via steam? I sure as hell hope so. Sucks that I can't do that with X3 Reunion. Grr.

I think it's only just hit Steam, as there's nothing in the news about it. Check steampowered.com or Steam itself ^_^

Where can I find the answers to my question though?

Question, if I buy it retail, will I be able to play it via steam? I sure as hell hope so.

If it is released in the same way as the Call Of Duty series was then no I dont think you will be able to. Still not 100% sure though.

Question, if I buy it retail, will I be able to play it via steam? I sure as hell hope so. Sucks that I can't do that with X3 Reunion. Grr.
If it is released in the same way as the Call Of Duty series was then no I dont think you will be able to. Still not 100% sure though.
AFAIK, no 3rd-party games have allowed Steam activation from retail versions?

Quated for truth my friend. Couldnt do it with CoD2 so I dont think this one will be any different.

I bought retail and it did absolutely nothing with steam.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic did allow activation from retail to steam.

Also I think Red Orchestra: Ostfront 1941-1945 required steam out of the box.

.bog.

Doubt I'll buy this, it seemed wayyy to similar to RTW. I would probably like it, but not enough to spend 50 bucks on.

If they release this on Steam, surely they'll release the rest of the Total Wars on it too?

Back