Menial things that scare you ****ing SHITLESS

i have a small fear of having to talk to a teacher in front of the whole class because occasionally, i have a stuttering problem.

I hear any sound at night, my mind races about what it coulda been, and I never get to sleep.

Lights on while it's dark outside making you unable to look outside well..yeah, I hate that..

When I'm home alone at someone elses place *my mothers* and I get freaked out, because I swear people are outside ready to rob the place..so I close all the blinds, turn on all the lights, and have a bat/weapon handy.

I have fears of running into sea monster's or worse human eating sharks. If I spot a large dark object approaching in the deep waters off the Cornish coast I make dash to dry land.

When I haul myself onto a boat I always fear a shark will rip my legs off as I hual my torso onboard.

I'm not really paranoid of the dark but there are a few bushes just outside the window near where my PC is. At night sometimes the bushes knock against the window. I always wonder what it is making that noise and then I remember it's just the bushes. There are rabbits around here too so sometimes I'll hear the rocks (where the bushes are) scatter if the rabbits run through them.

I think I used to be scared of a few things in the dark when I was little but now I walk throughout my house at night with the lights off. I know where all the furniture is so I don't bump into it and I walk from my PC to the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom all the time. Of course I turn on the light once I get to that room.

I am scared shitless of cockroaches.

Sometimes I'll be asleep at night and I'll wake up screaming because I thought I felt a cockroach on me.

But there really are alot of roaches at my house. Alot of times I will just open the door to my room and hear a scurrying sound and then barely catch a glimpse of a huge, 2 inch long cockroach running away. The other day I was in the batroom and I heard this scurrying sound, only to discover it was a roach that had fallen in the trash can

For whatever reason, I won't sleep with my closet doors open, or any doors open for that matter. It's probably just an odd OCD thing, but yeah.

I also have to put my cell phone, wallet, MP3 player, etc in my room with me too.

Same. Other than being OCD, I'm not a very fearful person.

The most paranoid thing I've ever done though, would have to be around six months ago.

One day my mom noticed a strange white pickup with some kind of machinery in the back. Our street is a dead end, so it was mildly suspicious seeing that the guys in the truck were steryotypical looking redneck trash, of which our neighborhood lacks for the most part. Anyways, later that day, she starts talking to our neighbor and finds out that their $5,000 butane generator had been stolen.

Fast foward a few days. The cops already came and took a police report from my mom along with a description of the truck. They told her they'd be beefing up patrols in our area. The next night, my mom is working late and I'm home alone. I take a break from computing to get a drink.
Peeking out the kitchen window, I spot a long white Chevy truck with two guys inside slowly cruise bye...

Adrenaline pumping, I grab my cellphone, a black ski mask, and retrieved my .410 shotgun from under my bed. By coincedence, I'm wearing camo pants and a black shirt. I dart out the back door and into the shadows. I skirt the outline of the yard, careful to stay out of sight.

I choose a spot under a large bush, in near total darkness and within line of sight of both our storage shed and the neighbor's who was burgalurized earlier. I had every intention of waiting for them to break in to something and then holding them at gunpoint until police arrive.

So I'm sitting there waiting for them to come back. I'm wearing camo, a ski mask, and holding a shotgun. I also have on fingerless gloves just because they're cool. I look pretty damn similar to a Pheonix Connection terrorist from Counter Strike. Just as I'm thinking this to myself and laughing inwardly, I hear a car approaching. Suddenly there's a flashlight...no, it's too big to be a flashlight...some kind of searchlight?

That's when I realized...THERE'S A F*CKING COP SHINING HIS SPOTLIGHT INTO THE BUSHES NEXT TO ME, WHILE I SIT HERE LOOKING LIKE SOME KIND OF TERRORIST/BANKROBBER FROM HELL IN A NEIGHBORHOOD WHERE BURGULARIES HAVE BEEN REPORTED. Great. Just great. I don't dare move or breath for what seemed like minutes but was probably just seconds until he drove away.

Haven't heard from the theives since.

I once started imagining aliens walking up to my window and abducting me (i imagine really, really wierd stuff sometimes), then I saw something move. Scared the shit out of myself.

Classic - the dark in my house i guess.
Funnily enough, im fine when im in a room. Its just a corridor with rooms either side of it. When i lockup the house, i HAVE to have a quick look in every room i go past, and then look down the dark corridor as i enter my room and close the door behind me.

Im kind of okay outside, dont know why.

I always have a little buzz of fear after pressing the "display balance" button at the ATM.

God, me too lol.

Same here... and a few days ago my fears were realized. It said I had -$57.27

I had to put some money in quick, but I still had a $30 overdraft charge :(

Same here... and a few days ago my fears were realized. It said I had -$57.27

I had to put some money in quick, but I still had a $30 overdraft charge :(
You can actually challenge that. In the UK at least, hundred of people have taken their banks to cort this year and won.

Meh, it was my fault. I was hoping the $250 check I mailed to my electric company would take as long as the last one to clear (which was a bit over a month for some reason). But instead it was cleared 3 days after I sent it.

EDIT: And I had always thought that taking people/buisnesses to court for such small things was an American thing only. Good to know there are other picky and pathetic people with nothing better to do in the world.

Wait... thats not a good thing to know.

I once started imagining aliens walking up to my window and abducting me (i imagine really, really wierd stuff sometimes), then I saw something move. Scared the shit out of myself.

So you imagine Vorts abudcted you..imagine eh :dozey:

I can't sleep without having covers over me. I don't like the open feeling, think that something is going to grab me. The feeling of the covers relieves that paranoid fear. :p

I once had a bad trip, and when I looked out my window I saw people scurrying across the lawn and disappearing. I somehow got it into my head that these apparitions were going to enter my house and kill me.

To this day, even in a sober state, I fear looking out that one window.

Ooooh, anyone know this?

If you're on a bus or a train and you've been carrying something with you (a bag, or a laptop or something) and then you get off and you're all like "AMAGAWDIFORGOTMYLAPTOPINTHETRAIN!!11" :bounce:

I can't get out of public transport and not have the fear of having left something behind in there.

I seem to have a fear of coming out of my loft at home because i need to unplug the lights and put the power cable back up there. The scary part is that even though there is a light right by the opening, the place is still dark. Once i have done that i put the ladder away, run downstairs, turn on the t.v and grab some food. Also when im trying to get some sleep, i start to doze off and then my cat starts scratching the carpet outside my door and scares the life out of me.

When I look at slightly open doors/windows I sometimes get the feeling that I'm going to see long, scrawny fingers creeping around from the side.

Oh and the movie 'Signs' scares the crap outta me. I brought it on DVD, have only watched it once and I really cannot bring myself to watch it again ...I dunno why, I know its not a great horror film but well yeh, freaks me out :(

Ooooh, anyone know this?

If you're on a bus or a train and you've been carrying something with you (a bag, or a laptop or something) and then you get off and you're all like "AMAGAWDIFORGOTMYLAPTOPINTHETRAIN!!11" :bounce:

I can't get out of public transport and not have the fear of having left something behind in there.
Yeah, I sometimes have that.

"OMG MY CELLPHONE I ****ING LOST I wait nvm :|"

I'm always afraid someone is gonna slit my throat or something when I close my eyes in the shower to put on shampoo...

Needles... when I was about 5, I was holding onto the edge of a door refusing to go and get a shot. It took 2 adults and about 10 minutes to pry me off the door. [sarcasm]They just couldn't beat my awesomeness in strength[/sarcasm]

I also hate dark, open spaces, and not being covered at night.
No blankets at night make me paranoid like a big ass spider is going to jump from under my bed and bite me...

I'm also afraid every night that someone is gonna steal my stack of hardware for my new computer before my case arrives.

I have to walk like 200 meters to close up my chicken pen at night.. There is this huge field behind my barn with tall grass, I ALWAYS think someone is watching me, or an alien/zombie is going to pop-out and get me! It looks like one of thsoe places where an alien sighting would be...

Also, I'm extremely paranoid with anything thats out of my sight and a sound occurs... I never close my eyes unless I sleep, or blink.. I must say shampoo in your eyes hurts.

forested areas at night always ****ing scare me
sure is for the fact that you cant see shit
or the feel that something is lurking there

however I hav started to lose the fear but no way in hell I will be walking in a forested area by night at the picht black dark

I once had a bad trip, and when I looked out my window I saw people scurrying across the lawn and disappearing.
Damn it, mental picture is really awesome.

I say damn it because I'm never going to do drugs. Though I feel like I'd be so fascinated by everything I would see.

But I see my self as strong for resisting that urge.

Gonna think of some stuff to post gimme a minute.

---

Well, usually night time in my house is kind of spooky. Sometimes when I'm getting a drink from the fridge in my garage, I'll be walking back and then feel like something is following me and start running as fast as I can to get away. It's interesting though. Once I start running there is no way to rationalise and stop. I can only go faster.

I'm scared by pretty much every insect. Not because it will bite me or anything. I just hate 'em. Hearing some of you guys talk about cockroaches in your house... Jesus, I could NOT live in that house. I don't know what I'd do if I had to.

Wide open eyes scare me too. I used to have this poster in my room, from Toy Story. Both the characters' eyes were wide open. I'd look at it at night and get freaked the **** out. I'd hide under my covers but know that they were still watching me. Gah. Also I used to have nightmares where it would seem like a normal situation, but then suddenly everyone in the room would have eyes ****ing wide with a blank facial expression ****ing staring at me. Guh. I don't have 'em much anymore. But it used to happen so much.

Meh, I can't really think of any more.

My basement scares the hell out of me. It's a mess to begin with, boxes all over the place, no carpet, horrible lighting, computer cases all over the place. I NEVER go down there without turning on the light, and when I'm going up, especially at night, I dash up the stairs skipping 1 or 2 at a time.

Also my backyard. We have a long backyard and when I have to take the trash out at night, oh my god. I have a feeling that there is someone in the alley who is going to grab me, and I'm not exactly built like a football player (American). Once I get the trash in the dumpster, I dash to the house and I'm safe only once I am past the kitchen into the dining room. It doesn't help that the crickets in my neighborhood are some loud sumbitches.

One of the things that freak me out the most is large old buildings with torn-up wallpaper, like the school in Silent Hill. Long corridors with tile floors, some of the tiles missing, and patchy wallpaper means there is a 100% chance of zombies.

What about the guy here who had the incident with the match sticks?

Edit: I also have this unusual fear of popping balloons. I remember when I was young, somebody told me that you can be seriously hurt from a balloon popping, and I never got over it. I always cringe when someone is getting ready to pop one, and I hate watching the pen or knife go into it. I always think that I am going to be hurt from it.

Most of my 'fears' are really just OCD.

I remember when I was a little kid, I was afraid of showers. Not sure why, but I just wouldn't take a shower, and if I did..I was scared to all hell.

Can't tell you what I was scared of...just..weird.

When I was a kid, I had to run away after flushing a toilet at night, with fears something will crawl out of it D: D: D:

There's one picture in my grandparents house - supposed to be some evil spirit or something...i forget.

Ever since I was three that thing scared the crap out of me, and to this day it creeps me out.

Also i get scared when i put on a shirt, i have this feeling someone is gona stand infront of me once i get it on (you cant see anything for like a split second when you put it on)

Ditto.

We used to have problems with a guy who frequently stood at the end of the garden in the middle of the night, wearing a fedora hat and some sort of big coat/cloak. We'd spot him at the end of the garden, at night, staring back up at us. Weird thing was there'd never be any evidence of him the morning after. I guess it could be put down to some sort of mass hysteria in my household.

-Angry Lawyer

Jesus that is creepy. :eek:

I can't sleep without having covers over me. I don't like the open feeling, think that something is going to grab me. The feeling of the covers relieves that paranoid fear. :p

Same here.

Outside my bathroom is a lampost. When I go in at night when its on it looks like something creepy and yellow and I have to pull the curtains. It gets even worse if I put the light on because it looks like summat white and yellow outisde.

Also in the corrider leading to my bedroom, I have to look in every room on the way, and close the doors.

Actually I always fear the phone ringing or opening the mail, just in case it's bad news.

WOW.

Like, everything you guys mention, I have the exact same fears of.

The covers, the running up the stairs when i'm turning out the downstairs lights, putting on shirts, mirrors, open eyes...

Wow...

I remember when I was about 12 and was trying to get to sleep and got woken up suddenly by this loud screeching sound. I think it was some foxes (sp?) or cats fighting or something now I come to think of it but at the time I broke out in sweat and couldn't sleep for ages D:

When I wake up during the night half asleep and find that I can't move my neck, as if someone has got their foot or hand held fast against it. I remember reading up on what causes this, but now I can't remember :(

When I wake up during the night half asleep and find that I can't move my neck, as if someone has got their foot or hand held fast against it. I remember reading up on what causes this, but now I can't remember :(

I believe its caused by a psychotic murderer being in your room

I get that too sometimes, you wake up and you're face down in your pillow, can't breathe and everything is temporarily paralyzed (your body is paralyzed during sleep to stop you from physically reacting to your dreams). Fecking scary.

Back