Meteor due to hit earth 2014

Haha, it would nail 3 days after my 27'th birthday. ALRIGHT JUST IN TIME TO SOBER UP AND GET TIRED OF MY VIDEO GAMES RECEIVED AT THE PARTY!!!!

Damnit, Universe just announced that the release date of the meteor is delayed again!

Man I can't wait for this meteor to hit the Earth. Just before it does I will dress up like a sorcerer in Dungeon & Dragons and yell: I cast Meteor Swarm!!!

Originally posted by The Mullinator
Mayans suck, its all in the Raelians. (Not sure on spelling)
Haha xenosaga? that game was a good game.
anyway, as for this meteor. Good.
my sig explains.

Asteroid eh? Better start working on that basement then.

Remember kids! Stop, drop, and roll... under a table.

If its the power of 10,000 atomic bombs, you can say bye bye to everything (except cockraoches... nothing will ever kill them... EVER!)
EDIT: A 1 in 909,000 chance doesnt sound very likely....
EDIT AGAIN: Were going to mars around then I believe, so mayb if it did hit, life would start over with the few astronauts on mars.... DUN DUN DUN!

Originally posted by Javert
Asteroid eh? Better start working on that basement then.

Remember kids! Stop, drop, and roll... under a table.

If you could only put 10 things in that basement (not including people) what would you put?

1. Power generator
2. my 3 comps
3. All my consoles
4. Some guns
5. Every game i have
6. MREs
7. A load of water
8. Radio
9. lotion
10. Couch.

ew MRE's more like full course turkey dinners

and a hot ready to **** std'free chicks with there tubes tied

lol,

1.my dog
2.massive quanities of food
3.massive quantities of water
4.flash light :p
5.radio
6.all my guns
7.my cat
8.a monkey
9.more food
10.something to read

1.all of you guys
2.computer
3.food
4.sadfsafsa
5. some more asdasda
6. Leprechaun
7. Trix
8.Money
9.my star blunt
10.clone

1. Computer
2. All games including HL2
3. Power generator
4. Power generator
5. Lots of food, lots
6. Power generator
7. Me
8. Dunno
9. Dunno
10. Dunno

good choice, for every dunno, you get 10 more choices... leetz0r

1. bed
2. Unlimited food
3. unlimited water
4. unlimited oxygen
5. 15 hot women (screw the rules)
6. Couch
7. TV (with magical cable aquiring abilities)
8. a larger basement (yes i want this in my basement...)
9. shower (with magical running water)
10. more hot women.

Amazing. Thats like a few days before my 32th birthday. So the prophecy is true! (I bet they got the exact day wrong, and I hope it hits on my birthday(march 29)) Would be cool if it hit on my 30th birthday though. (crosses fingers) Here's shooting for 2012 March 29th!!!!

1. My computer
2. The pentagon
3. NORAD
4. Lots of guns
5. All my games
6. Enough food to last me 2,000,000 years if i was eating it constantly
7. Enough water to last me 2,000,000 years if i was drinking it constantly
8. A robotic army that does my biding (Who knows what technology we will have in 2014, we could all by in silver suits and flying cars. Although the people in the sixties never imagined a time beyond the silver suited 90's)
9. All the music movies books etc etc ever made
10. A device for allowing more stuff in the bunker
11. My pets
12. A holodeck from star trek
13. A giant replicator from star trek, able to make anything.

(Hey, no one said how big the bunker would be)

Wouldn't it be cool if it hit somewhere in the desert and they managed to get it on film. Seriously though, if no one was around to get killed. How cool would it be to watched that.

Reminds me of the Fallout scenarios: build a nuclear fallout shelter for the prominent people, protected by behemoths and pacificators, etc...

Anyway Bruce Willis and Clint Eastwood will probably save us (again) from foreign space objects that tend to collide with earth for our entertainment.

1:shotgun
2:tv
3:radio
4:water and food
5: pc
6: plants
7:fish tank
8:lights
9:gf
10:valve team.

By that time I have a PC like: 10 Ghz Pentium cpu , 8 Gig of very fast memory, 2000Gb hdd 40000rpm, 2 Gb vga card, hope broadband (**** isdn) something like 20 mbit up/down (fast enough :p )

If I still have isdn cause broadband isn't avaible in this stupid region I hope this meteor hits my telecom company :borg:

it wont be bruce
i will personally take it upon my self with all my courage and bravery all my strength and wisodm to sign all u guys yp to sacrifice ur lives for me.

i wud press "~" and type:
1. sv_cheats 1
2. restart
3. impulse 101
4. b > 4 > 1
5. b > 1 > 3
6. b > 8 > 2
7. b > 8 > 7
8. sv_numberofitems 13
9. b > 6, b >7
10. b > 8 > 9 (gas mask .. hehe.. by then it might be there)
11. sv_food 99999
12. sv_hotbabes 99999
13. sv_beer 99999

pressed ~ again ... :cheese:

OH NO! A 1 IN 909000 CHANCE OF A METEOR HITTING THE EARTH! WE'RE DOOMED!

Originally posted by sharp
By that time I have a PC like: 10 Ghz Pentium cpu

Moore's law. :)

On topic:
These things come up every now and then, and they have always made miscalculations. No worries. :)

Originally posted by sharp
By that time I have a PC like: 10 Ghz Pentium cpu

Actually... If moore's law still holds we will have computers atleast as fast as 384 Ghz.
I think...

Damn...
7 minutes to late...

There is a certain limit that we will reach with this technology,
a 384ghz chip would probably melt iron even if it was encased in liquid helium.

Hopefully by that time, things will ahve moved on with Quatum computers :rolleyes:. Or at least something better than the current technology.

Originally posted by SilentKilla
good choice, for every dunno, you get 10 more choices... leetz0r

oh woot!

Powergenrator and food X10

Originally posted by Scudded
OH NO! A 1 IN 909000 CHANCE OF A METEOR HITTING THE EARTH! WE'RE DOOMED!

Hey, I never said it was a big chance.

Originally posted by nw909
Meh, the mayans were assholes
They were better than you are. They could take you in a fight.

Seriously though, people say this kind of thing all the time and it's usually boll*cks. Even if it does come too dangerously close, then They probably have a contingency plan of some kind. Bruce Willis maybe.
Who knows, they might use almost all the nukes in the world to blow it off course and then that'd solve one of the world's problems. Huzzah. Or alternativelty plunge us into another arms race and subsequent world-wide economic depression.

Cool! A meteor hitting the earth would be a great expansion pack for the MMORPG called life.

I can't wait to play it!

"You people have serious mental problems", said the obviously deranged mental patient.

1. A door
2. A Stealth suit
3. Lots of silenced weapons
4. A book of "how to loot"
5. A book of "how to take advatage of a global emergancy"
6. A weapon to destroy the meteor
7. A computer with access to the internet so i can tell everyone that valve has delayed the meteor :p

They are already planning on how they are going to destroy it..i've not got any idea of how they are going to do it though.

Anyway, no matter where it hits it will pretty much decimate the earth, if it hits water, the mega tsunami's will wipe us out, if it hits land (apart from the people within a few 1000sq miles) the dust it will displace into the atmosphere will cause an artificial night, which would last for an extreme amount of time, probably killing most life as we know it.

Back