Meteor due to hit earth 2014

hmm i wonder wht life will spring up next ? dinosaurs are gone . hmmmm
u think aliens will actually take over earth ?

the odds of the thing hitting earth is estimated to 1 or 2 to 100 billion or so.... oh and, it will be realy easy to shoot it of course... just a very tiny nudge and it will shange its course

I am not to warry anyway. By the time any asteroid hits earth. I will be working on top secret project within the goverment and be assure for a spot within the topsecret bunker way up in teh mountains togeher with my loved ones. but.. YOU ALL ARE GOING TO DIE! 0wnage!

Actually, if it hits, it'll be the gloriest day of my life.

Yeah, I heard the assholes checked it again and it seemes we're not going to die :(

Its funny how when were faced with disaster caring about what you're gonna do when the tax bill arrives, seems pretty irrelevant...

If an asteroid hit I would start up my own cult where I am a god and I commanded the asteroid to hit earth to establish my rule. Using my special powers (which shall remain hidden until the asteroid hits) I will bring the masses under my rule so that for ever after I will be called "Lord Mullinator - leader of the human race."

Mwaahahahahahahah

Originally posted by The Mullinator
If an asteroid hit I would start up my own cult where I am a god and I commanded the asteroid to hit earth to establish my rule. Using my special powers (which shall remain hidden until the asteroid hits) I will bring the masses under my rule so that for ever after I will be called "Lord Mullinator - leader of the human race."

Mwaahahahahahahah

Called by whom? Won't everyone be dead after that?

There would inevitably be survivors, there always are when it comes to situations like this, it's just a way that evolution can take place.

For example, some people who were in hiroshima at ground zero survived because of certain circumstances, some were not affected by fallout because their genetic structure was resistant to radiation, it's all in the genes! And alot is luck:cheese:

hmmm, if its all in the genes then that means that the strong are going to be the survivors. If the survivors are the strong ones then when I establish my rule my minions will only be the strongest of the human race.

Very good very good.

/me walks away pondering this interesting new development in his plot.

We probably won't even notice it. By the time it hits Earth it will just be a flaming pebble.

Let's just shoot the meteor, just in case. It will be totally useless but so fun.

Originally posted by Zeus
We probably won't even notice it. By the time it hits Earth it will just be a flaming pebble.

A 1 km. wide meteor?

umm, it would be a hell of a lot bigger than a flaming pebble.

Originally posted by nw909
Yeah, I heard the assholes checked it again and it seemes we're not going to die :(

guess you didnt read my post above mine ;)
0% chance bro... :D

yeah thats right, i said it first..

I know, but they recalculated it so its a 0 out of 909,000,000 chance.

if the chances do look likely, it would still give plenty of time to modify a high yield hydrogen bomb to detonate near the thing

remember, it's only 1km big, if it detonates very close to it, the thing disintegrates into pieces small enough to burn up in the atmosphere, if it hits near it, it blows it into chunks off course

like i said... 0%

and um..we have never let off a nuke in space, and we dont know what would happen. theorectically yeah we probally do, but if it were to happen we wouldnt know if the nukes blast would keep going or just fade off.

Or maybe it would implode causing a white hole and the big bang all over again! hahahaha!

yeah.

Just heard it on the news, the meteor is 1 km. in diameter and would do a lot of damage, meh at least hl3 should be out by then methinks.

Yup we'll all be vaporized in a huge armageddon, while playing HL3 for the first time.:bounce: :cheers:

But where would we go? :devil: or :angel:

Re: Re: Meteor due to hit earth 2014

Originally posted by Lordblackadder
Yup we'll all be vaporized in a huge armageddon, while playing HL3 for the first time.:bounce: :cheers:

I dunno, saving the future earth by shooting up zombies sounds like a good deed to me!

Re: Re: Re: Meteor due to hit earth 2014

I dunno, saving the future earth by shooting up zombies sounds like a good deed to me!

Ahh yes zombies, check out my new thread on the topic.:borg:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Meteor due to hit earth 2014

Ahh yes zombies, check out my new thread on the topic.:borg:

I have, and didn't really know how to answer/reply to it.

Re: Re: Meteor due to hit earth 2014

Don't worry. I'll grab the meteor with my manipulator and shoot it safely into the sun.

Hey, Im remebering a documentary i saw on TV. It was on the Mayan Civilization. They predicted a HUGE change (and no one knows what that change is) in humanity on December 23, 2012. Maybe they saw this coming? Or it could just be a lucky guess. Anyone else seen this documentary?

Originally posted by ROD
Hey, Im remebering a documentary i saw on TV. It was on the Mayan Civilization. They predicted a HUGE change (and no one knows what that change is) in humanity on December 23, 2012. Maybe they saw this coming? Or it could just be a lucky guess. Anyone else seen this documentary?

Well, someone already mentioned them i think. But really, its off by two years. So either something is coming that we haven't seen, could be a meteor, could be *cough* North Korea setting of a nuke and America retaliating *cough*.

I should take something for that cough.

Anyway, i think it would be interesting if something did happen then. What would the Atheist world think to that i wonder...

Hehe...amazed to see this thread is still alive.
Just for reference they figured out that the asteriod isn't going to come close to hitting us.

"But for those fearing Armageddon, don't be alarmed -- the chances of a catastrophic collision are just one in 909,000."

i wouldn't count on 1/909,000

a different meteor is supposed to hit us on oct 28 2038 i think.its supposed to be a big one.so the mayans say

some government official will get nervous from all the public outcry on the half-life 2 forums about the meteor and order a missile strike on it in 10 years, cause it to change it's course and head to earth instead of the opposite effect :cheese:

Back