Minerva - Metastasis

I cant get past the bit after you step out of the lift with the headcrab and press the button. They say something about the forcefield not opening or something and then I can't find my way out.

Make your way back to the elevator and go back up to the surface

Hehe, I had so much fun at the elevator. Loading it up with supplies, stacking crates and creating a base for my underground operations. Too bad the base never got good use.

But I should say, I found it hillarious when one time, the boxes all broke and a little splinter of wood got caught in the elevator door as it closed, and I got stuck in the elevator. Then I tried to walk up to it and smack it with my crowbar, but it shot out and impaled me in the face :LOL:

Anyway, i'll PM a few demos of the whole shinnanigans to anybody who's interested. Just give me your email address.

Which'll turn out to be like, nobody :(

EDIT: I also made a demo to show off HL2's shadowing. People are always saying how horrible it is and I wanted to prove them wrong. I'll send that too with a PM.

sure why not. As long as they're in .avi or whatever format, just because I'm on an old computer while my other one is broke and I can't play HL2 at the moment :(

Anyway, [email protected]

ThrasherX9 said:
sure why not. As long as they're in .avi or whatever format, just because I'm on an old computer while my other one is broke and I can't play HL2 at the moment :(

Anyway, [email protected]

Finaly, an excuse do DL Fraps.

It might be a tad too long for fraps though, so we'll just have to see.

I'm having some "technical difficulties" regarding Minerva. More or less, it doesn't work for me. I've installed it into SourceMods, and it appears on my 3rd party list. I click, it starts up. I get the usual blurred out screen of the background, then it becomes sharper and the title/options begin to appear, and it stops there, "loading".
Any ideas or help is appreciated, alot :)

ta

MiccyNarc said:
I never saw or heard messages.

Quite a few people have reported the same problem. Somebody said they don't see onscreen messages in HL2 either, so it seems to be a HL2 bug. I wonder if Valve even know about it.

The level design was very good, though I did get confused at one point, but I realized it was because I didn't pay attention to one of the incoming messages so that was my fault.

Speaking of incoming messages, that is the weakest part of the game IMO. First, it was a dang modem dial up sample. That totally took me out of the immersion and made me chuckle about all the times I got kicked off of Jedi Knight servers back in the day because I would lag ebveryone with my 24K modem and Cyrix processor ;)
Also, the messages I received seemed like I was taking orders from a teenage kid, that was teh (sic) second comedy strike against the game.

However the music was superb and I like how in one part
the combine gaurds were running toward you at full speed shooting. I don't remember that happening in HL2. That moment was cool

finally downloading this again after a fresh format.. looking forward to this :cool:

Back