Monitor wont turn on in the mornings?

Jonz0r

Reaction score
Hi, Recently in the morning when i turn on my monitor IT WONT TURN ON :/
but in the afternoon it is fine, Why is this? is there something wrong with my monitor?
is it because its winter and my monitor is getting cold over night? Or is it something else..
I would turn on my computer in the morning then press the monitor power button and it would
the light would come on then it goes off and does nothing. Black screen and the button
doesnt do anything.
Its a LCD 17inch

Thanks for your help.

Have you checked the connection into the PC? It sounds like the monitor isn't always registering that the PC is on, so is staying in "sleep" mode.

Yup, everything is connected fine. I checked the fuse. Fine, it only happens in the mornings. In the afternoon its fine (i think) well because it worked in the evening last night when it failed in the morning.

Where is your exact location?

If you live in North Korea, it is normal. Anyway, your location.

I was thinking of controlled brownouts and voltage adjustments, but since its London, I don't think thats the problem.

Unless the problem really will only occur in the mornings then the only thing I can think of would be that slight air pressure and humidity levels differences between morning and afternoon might be causing some connection to fail, chances are however that there is no connection that for whatever reason has been rendered fragile enough to be affected by this.

For that reason I suspect it is probably another problem that may have only coincidentally been fixed in the afternoon.

Back