MORE good news for ati radeon users!!

G

So Catalyst Maker says :-

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just as a side note, the upcoming CATALYST 3.8 will be the most innovative and significant CATALYST release ever, so keep your eyes out for that one!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And they release a version about once a month - which puts their most significant release ever right about the same time as Half-Life 2.

so basically.. they may custimize the new driver for all ati cards to work near perfect with half life 2.. hehee

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. Does that mean they just half-ass all their other drivers?

well just about every driver release nvidia claims a 50% increase in performance, which is definately a marketing scheme :\

Originally posted by rootbin
well just about every driver release nvidia claims a 50% increase in performance, which is definately a marketing scheme :\
They probably mean as opposed to whatever generic drivers Windows installs for you.

On a related not the Cat 3.7's are out. I know I won't be downloading them, mostly because I'm using an nVidia card :borg: So I'm guessing these are just more half-assed drivers before they release their super drivers?

By the looks of that, I think they'll actually make their Drivers three fourths-assed this time!

well nvidia sux so thats a different story man...

ati all the way.. :cheers:

Originally posted by illspirit44
well nvidia sux so thats a different story man...

ati all the way.. :cheers:
*Cough*FANBOY*Cough*
Seriously though you're a fanboy.

I've never had problems with ATI drivers....except that one time where I couldn't press escape in Half-Life after installing the new drivers and they didn't fix it for several weeks.

Immature tossers

"Ugh, you like coke better than pepsi, you fan boy"

Groweth uppeth

Despite the performance in Nvidia's latest video cards, I still think they pwn for their Nforce 2 chipset.

What does tossers mean? I know it's a British term, I heard someone say it in: Ocean's Eleven

Hey atleast ATI doesnt need to 'optimize' their drivers to get some playable frame rates.

Tides change, used to be Geforce4 Ti's were the best now ATIs card rocks the house.

Originally posted by CommieX
I've never had problems with ATI drivers....except that one time where I couldn't press escape in Half-Life after installing the new drivers and they didn't fix it for several weeks.

that alone is bad enough to make me want to send anthrax to all there representitives in the mails -hint hint- jk dont want to be probed by teh fbi now do I

That's funny, you accuse someone else of being a fanboy, yet, you yourself are one;

"an nVidia card So I'm guessing these are just more half-assed (ati)drivers before they release their super drivers?"

Just accept that 'tossers' is an insult.

What motherboard should i get for an AMD 3ghz and a radeon 9800?

I was gonna get a nforce2 but if it's just for nvidia cards...

Originally posted by Jagermeister
Despite the performance in Nvidia's latest video cards, I still think they pwn for their Nforce 2 chipset.

This is a derogatory term used to describe someone who is a bit of a "jerk. It actually means someone who masturbates and also has a hand s"ignal that can be done with one hand at people that cannot see you shouting "tosser" at them. This is particularly useful when driving.

wanker is the same thing but slightly more insulting

Originally posted by Animal
What motherboard should i get for an AMD 3ghz and a radeon 9800?

I was gonna get a nforce2 but if it's just for nvidia cards...

Nforce 2 just for nvidia cards? :LOL:

Much to learn you still have.

Doesn't anyone here like Matrox? Yes, I know they're not compition when compared to nVidia or ATI, but they should still be praised.

Originally posted by JimmyTheGent
This is a derogatory term used to describe someone who is a bit of a "jerk. It actually means someone who masturbates and also has a hand s"ignal that can be done with one hand at people that cannot see you shouting "tosser" at them. This is particularly useful when driving.

wanker is the same thing but slightly more insulting

Your'e quoting the wrong person.

N-Force 2 motherboards generally work just as good with Radeon 9x00 cards (I know plenty of people who use this combination, but check around regardless).

This Radeon 9700 Pro is my first ATI card ever, and it's been good. Really, hardly any issues for me at all. Good drivers all around.

Right now, the only problem I'm experiencing is an Open GL bug related to reverting from 32 bit to 16 bit color depth with a certain mipmap level in the ATI control panel. O well.

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Doesn't anyone here like Matrox? Yes, I know they're not compition when compared to nVidia or ATI, but they should still be praised.

Hell no. haha

Originally posted by Tredoslop

ive heard nothing but praise for matrox cards.. the best alternitive certainly to ati/radeons and nvidia

you can start a matrox revolution!! viva la matrox!!!

Originally posted by alb1221
ive heard nothing but praise for matrox cards.. the best alternitive certainly to ati/radeons and nvidia

you can start a matrox revolution!! viva la matrox!!!

Whats the point to getting something other then ATI/Nividia? Price difference? No I don't think. =D

I just hope neither of the card compainies pulls to far ahead of the other, the competition is great for us consumers.

ATI is t Eh SuXo Rz!
NO WAIT!
nVidia is teH SuX oRZ!!!
Enough Doom 3 fan boys here, imagine all the nvidia fan boys.

ok i aint no fanboy.. ive had my sucky experience with nvidia so thats why i go with ati.. ive had a geforce 2 mx.. and a geforce 4 ti4200 128mb.. and they have worked like crap on my pc.. and after getting my ati radeon 9500 pro 128 mb .. i look at my friends geforce 4 ti4800.. and my card gives much better quality and performance.. so dont call me a fanboy..

Currently ATI is in the lead, face it.

I used to own a NVidia card because it was the best. Now ATI is WAY above NVidia.

When NVidia/another company makes a better card, I'll go with them.

Originally posted by alb1221
that alone is bad enough to make me want to send anthraxxx to all there representitives in the mails -hint hint- jk dont want to be probed by teh fbi now do I

You want to send me where???

considering they admit blowing off HL1/CS improvements through there drivers, i think they owe it to HL2 to have its own set of drivers.

I don't see why so many of you think that ATi drivers suck. Sure, it's true that ATi had pretty crappy driver support for their earlier cards, but with the release of the 9x00 Radeons, they've really done an excellent job. Save for the original driver that came with my 9700, all the Catalyst drivers that came after have fixed many problems and improved performance. So, until Nvidia starts getting their act together, ATi it is.

stop saying the word fanboy its a lame expression

I think ATI and Nvidia are equally as good as one another, ATI is slightly better at Direct X and NVidia at OpenGL... doesn't make much difference which you choose

mx WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU BUY MX thats like a ge force 2 only worse... read the specs...jeesh

im no fanboy for either but ati is ahead right now

Technically,it is. More games are using Direct X, and OpenGl is becoming less used(Only Doom III uses it right now,to my knowledge).

Back