More newish concept art

Thanks JohnnyBeverage.

And Ians, I got the basic thing off the net, then supersized it :). It looked like this one before I got my greedy hands on it heheh.

I've made quite a nice new wallpaper with that concept pic. Don't have webspace to host it tho and cant be arsed to get some free space so someone PM me if they want it or want to host it and I'll send it to you. It's 1024x768 btw.

I think #3 is going to make its way to my desktop tonight. I'm going to put one of them on my comp at work also. Thanks for the good work.

um...that shot is pretty old, it's in the first preview on PCG released a year ago.... I've had that shot in the binder where I keep my fan fiction since august

Well, the secret/ dir has inspired me :).
Do any of you remember from last year when we were plunging about in directories like http://www.valvesoftware.com/gabe (gone now) and others for secret things? And we found those pictures of the knives?

Well, I wrote a python program to probe for new files, and it dragged up the pictures of the knive machine and knive stump (which Gabe said were office art), and a report on the dynamics of knife stabbing.

Anyhow, I've decided to dig the script up again, and set it to the task of probing the secret/ dir for us :).

Stay tuned....

And it's now running on my little server.

If anyone else wants to run it, here it is attached. Just a simple little script.

I renamed it from .py to .txt to be a valid upload. Probably requires a Linux or something else Unixy computer, since it's written in Python and uses wget.

Rename it to url.py, and run it in the command line with:
nohup python url.py &
Which will keep it in the background. If it finds any files, it will download them. Depending on how you edit the file, and your net connection, running time could be anywhere from several hours to infinity (if you set the file name limit really high =\).

Note that it only searches for filenames of a certain length at a time. This isn't too bad though, since once you get to 4 or above the searches take hours.

RoguePsi said:
I've made quite a nice new wallpaper with that concept pic. Don't have webspace to host it tho and cant be arsed to get some free space so someone PM me if they want it or want to host it and I'll send it to you. It's 1024x768 btw.

use www.imageshack.us

Syphoon!! said:
And it's now running on my little server.

If anyone else wants to run it, here it is attached. Just a simple little script.

I renamed it from .py to .txt to be a valid upload. Probably requires a Linux or something else Unixy computer, since it's written in Python and uses wget.

Rename it to url.py, and run it in the command line with:
nohup python url.py &
Which will keep it in the background. If it finds any files, it will download them. Depending on how you edit the file, and your net connection, running time could be anywhere from several hours to infinity (if you set the file name limit really high =\).

Note that it only searches for filenames of a certain length at a time. This isn't too bad though, since once you get to 4 or above the searches take hours.
Post any results as soon as you get them! :)

Btw, do you remember that 'exclusive content' e-mail we had a month or so back..?

after seeing this concept art in big like this... my first reaction was "Doom3 ain't got shit on HL2"

what pictures of knives did you find syphoon?

thatlooks so incredibly awesome, slowly sucking in thew world....

this isn't related to Erik in the bath...or is it?

Sprafa said:

Thanks very much. Very helpful.

Here's my masterpiece. Feel free to use it.

HL2wallpaper2copy.jpg

RoguePsi said:
Thanks very much. Very helpful.

Here's my masterpiece. Feel free to use it.

HL2wallpaper2copy.jpg

I had pmed you another hosting site too, but anyway seems you figured it out. :)

kaf11 said:
what pictures of knives did you find syphoon?

These were the knives.

Now I'll just go put the knife machine & stump up on imageshack...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 240
Bah. I've just realised my script is pretty much useless, it doesn't generate the names at all! Well that's 12 hours of waiting down the drain...

well...maybe you could try harder. I find all this "knife" talk confusing and disturbing.

Who uploads those boring and odd pictures to a website like that?

lans said:
I had pmed you another hosting site too, but anyway seems you figured it out. :)

Hehe. Sorry, I asked and then forgot to check my PM inbox!! Thanks anyway. Feedback on my wallpaper would be good! :p

wonkers said:
well...maybe you could try harder. I find all this "knife" talk confusing and disturbing.

Who uploads those boring and odd pictures to a website like that?

Gabe? They were in his directory...

I hav see it before
appear in the oficial HL2 website in the media section

hey is from the oficial HL2 website!

but that image also appear in the media section
(or one very similiar)

EDIT: that knifes stuff are new

Nice job Luketabor...I might end up using that.

Woohoo! 100th Post :)

Back