More triangles on terrain? how?

Pennington

Reaction score
Well, my ground is 10000 inches by 10000 inches. So, naturally, the setting of 4 for the terrain triangles looks kinda bad on it. Is there any way i can go above this? It wont let me put in a higher value, and if i divide it up a. it will take a while to do it in equal partitions and b. it'll have those annoying black seams (sew randomly doesn't work sometimes) and just wont look as good.

I really just need to set the triangle value up to about 20 or 30.

Unfortunately the only way to get more detail is to divide it up. To make the edges of the displacements match, just select all of them, then go into edit mode. Then they'll work together.

I did that on another map and they wouldn't, and then when i tried to sew them, they stayed the same...?

Is there any button or command to divide it up evenly?

Pennington said:
I did that on another map and they wouldn't, and then when i tried to sew them, they stayed the same...?

Is there any button or command to divide it up evenly?
make a box, copy and paste a few next to it, in line, touching. then do that another direction so you've a say, eg: 10x10 "grid" of them.. select them all (just the top surface in this case, otherwise its making more displaced surfaces than you need), displace them all, edit them all at one.

Jobs a good-un

Just make 20x20 of 512x512 unit planes and subdevide them by 3 or 4. Then select all, Shift+A, paint the geometry. This way you can paint it all like it is one. If any errors: select all > sew.

Back