Movies Released !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guys ill explain something now, its been said before, the download speed is not in kilo bytes, its in kilo bits, which ironically was created to make 56k look alot more faster than it really was, in other words ur downloading around 60 kilo bytes to 240 kilo bytes per sec depending if u got boradband and ur connection speed.

I think u divide the speed by 8 to get it in kilo bytes, also where is the percentage done shown i dont see it anywhere?

because its only a tiny piece of the 25 minute trailer, the gman

Man wtf is wrong with you people?? At least 4 people already asked, but I have to ask again: How the **** do you know how much percentage is left?

KiloBITS, not BYTES

For anyone wondering why a 50 MB video did not finish downloading at 2MB/s:

Steam displays the download spead at "kb/s" which is actually Kilo Bits per second, if you wanna find out how many KB/s (kilo bytes / s) you're downloading, devide the number you see by 8.

so if steam says 250 kb/s, this equals approx. 32 KB/s

I think this explains some stuff....

Yes Http links would be REALLY handy at this point for Australian users :D

hmm downloading, 28 minutes left....im anxious, some poeple say it's not worth the wait and others say it was worth it....i'm torn

ANY websites got this yet?

or has anyone uploaded it to anywhere?

hmmm, why is steam still downloading ever after i watched the g-man vid? strange..

my steam stoped after the gman vid but now it suddenly started dowloading something more...
and steam monitor says its something to do with Half-Life 2 Movies... hmmm....
i wonder...

steam downlaods all the videos into the cache file, does anyone know where i can find a .gcf extractor?

I'm always blocked on the "preparing to launch" window, 1 hour now...it's boring...

Originally posted by BWMASTER
steam downlaods all the videos into the cache file, does anyone know where i can find a .gcf extractor?
are you sure? .. btw. gcf is a winxcomp compressed file.. but i can't find a website or a decompressor anywhere.

Rabid, thanks for the gamespot link, that seems to be better for some ppl

hey guys wtf, everybody are crazy " i'm looking e3 videos"!!!
They said they will release only one per day but don t care about it.
I m waiting for the videos which come after the e3 : they will contiune to release new videos !!!!!!!!!!!!

You read that new videos hahahaahahah that make me crazy can t wait all this time.

Originally posted by BWMASTER

you need to hexedit it and very carefully copy/paste the data from it to something else, but i dont think the vids are actually in the cache file, notice the cache file is the exact same size as the CS cache......

finally we have a vid! Looks pretty damn sweet to me. Now we just need some game footage! :)

I could be wrong but maybe the gcache.gcf file is mostly empty at the moment. I guess they make a file of a certain size to reserve space on your hard drive and minimize file fragmentation..

i did 3 sec to download it, im from belgium i have cable and its night now :).

errr it's going less than 10kbits sec with Kontiki... maybe Steam was better, lol

anyone know approx. what fps this vid runs at? I would guess between 24-30, but then again, there's gotta be a way to find out?

so at 30fps, 1% of the vid equals 9 frames... if it's 30 secs long... but I also heard it is 2mins?

Originally posted by PSX
anyone know approx. what fps this vid runs at? I would guess between 24-30, but then again, there's gotta be a way to find out?

Width: 1024
Height: 575
Frames: 2415
Color depth: 32
Frames per second: 29.55
Total size 71,970,816
Average data rate: 880,915
Average frame size: 29,801
Track ID 0: 44100 KHz, 16 bit, Stereo sound data.

Originally posted by PSX
so at 30fps, 1% of the vid equals 9 frames... if it's 30 secs long... but I also heard it is 2mins?

its about a minute and twenty seconds.

Back