Multiplayer Mod Idea - Looking for a team.

Have you guys got a coder yet? Becauce the code's what's going to make or break it. Although, I give my seal of approval on "Particularly easy to code" and "good learning experience", so. new coders, this could be a chance for you to break into Source coding and get a good understanding of how it works.

-Angry Lawyer

I've already installed Visual Studio .NET 2003 to look around. But we really need a coder. I only have experience with Java, and now school has started and I don't have enough time to dedicate to learning and coding a mod...

rdoroana said:
I've already installed Visual Studio .NET 2003 to look around. But we really need a coder. I only have experience with Java, and now school has started and I don't have enough time to dedicate to learning and coding a mod...

The jump between Java and C++ isn't that far. Seriously, give a shot at coding it. You'll find it's not actually that difficult.

-Angry Lawyer

well right now were looking team members but were on a look out for good coders because angry lawer is right with out a coder this mod is nothing:)i've also started learning the basics of mapping so hopefully in awhile i might be able to map:)

Thanks for the support Angry Lawyer, I'll see if I start checking out stuff during the weekend.

i jus finished the heavy model concept ill post it up asap after i get the thumbs up from rdoroana

rdoroana said:
Thanks for the support Angry Lawyer, I'll see if I start checking out stuff during the weekend.

Feel free to PM me for hints, tips and general support if you find any part of the code too perplexing.

-Angry Lawyer

You've really got to try and get away from these cartoon-style concepts arman... no offense or anything, it's good, it's just that I'm sure you can do so much more.

i know but i cant to find any other way of coloring them in if you want to pm me some links to tutorials.

Well, I've managed to completely finish the site layout.
The site is still incomplete, which is bad, but I'll be adding all the info during the weekend.

Hope you guys like it: http://traps.site.vu

yo rdoroana ive finished the disarmer model and the sniper model but due to school its hard for me to get on msn as early as you but ill show them to you tommorow:)

Hey guys, just a little update: I kicked armanguy's ass in Dystopia :p

I'd focus more on coding the basic gameplay working using the default models, rather than recruit people. Honestly, they're much more likely to jump aboard if you have something that's already playable.

-Angry Lawyer

i know where your coming from im just trying to recruit some modlers so that we have things to put in the running game:)

If you have a running game, you won't need to recruit people - they'll find you.

-Angry Lawyer

we are currently making an html site thats why theres a lack of info on the flash site:)

sorry, did u say ur looking for modelers? i havent yet read the full thread, just seen the first and last page, so i ask...

yes at the current time we are in dire need of coders and modelers:)

I'm very sorry for the lack of content on the site.
Before the weekend ends, the Flash and Non-Flash website will be up with information on nearly all sections.

id just like to say that the flash site now has tons of info on it and im lovin it good job rdoroana it looks great.

24/10/05:

Just a quick update for a couple of announcements:

Me and arman have been discussing the progress the mod is taking and we've come to a conclusion that it isn't going the way we want it.

We've decided to lead the mod together (me and arman) and he's going to start re doing the concepts of the soldiers to make them look more stealthy. The mod will also be third person instead of first person. This hadn't been decided yet until recently.

This time around, we're going to have all the concepts ready before we start modelling or doing any other thing. I'm going to be working on getting all of the design related things written down and ready for any person that wants to join the team.

We hope our progress gets much better.

Also, Vanguard has left the team, we wish him luck in any other project he may have.

To quickly sum all that up: We're starting over!

i have done alot since this news post on our site and we will be making a huge media release whenever we get our concepts done at this time we would like to ask for some help:

Leader:
rdoroana
armanguy

Mapper:
rdoroana
open
open

Modeller:
bruno
open
open
open
Coder:
open
open

Sound:
open

Concept Artist:
arman

rdoroana

Very, very interesting ideas. I love the MGS3-style gameplay. I think that a good team could really take this mod off the ground. I would suggest you start doing recruitment looking for coders before you get into any real serious development. Like Lawyer said, coding is probably the most critical component, as you don't have a game until you have the code for it.

Make up a highly detailed outline of the mod's gameplay/visuals/genre/features and start posting them in similar forums like this one, just make sure you don't end up spamming, heh. Your outline now is very good, but it needs to be more detailed: formulas, map size dimensions, player counts, hp and equipment stats, that sort of thing.

Its good that you have someone that can do concepts, as that helps push the ideas of the mod by putting them on paper (or computer screen in this case).

So yeah, I would say you are at a good start. You must get coders first though, and to do that you need give them a detailed outline of the mod's structure.

If you need any help, or need advice you can always PM me or email me at: " [email protected] "

the main people were looking for at the moment are coders and modelers

we have just accuired a mapper and a coder crackhead and geist, crack head has been working on the third-person code and i will try to get him to send us a demo of it :p and geist is workin on our first map wich is an office.we have also pushed back are update to accomadate the work so we will have a huge update.

Leader:
rdoroana
armanguy

Mapper:
rdoroana
geist
open

Modeller:
bruno
open
open
open
Coder:
crackhead
open

Sound:
open

Concept Artist:
arman

rdoroana

just a little update so you guys dont think were being lazy , our 3rd person code is almost done we just need to iron some crinkles out of it ive also set up a wip hud for you guys to crit in our huge media release in a bit.i will be relesing all the media as soon as our mappers office map is decent enought to show off . so i hope you guys will love the work were doing with such a small team, now that we have our weapons and player model concepts done for out first map we would like to get some very talented 3d artists on board if oyu think you have what it takes please dont hesitate in adding me on msn at [email protected]

Cool, glad to hear things are still moving along nicely.

It's been a long time since I posted.
Right now, our site is down due to some problems our hoster is having. It should be back soon.

Meanwhile, we have the moddb page if anyone wants to check it out: http://mods.moddb.com/6133/

Back