Multiplayer...This is my final answer..

"TF 2 will be sold as a stand-alone SKU at retail, over Steam, and, I am sure, at some point it will get put in the same box as HL-2.
We didn't say anything about TF-2 at E3 because it would have gotten mixed up with the HL-2 stories."

"TF 2 will be sold as a stand-alone SKU at retail, over Steam, and, I am sure, at some point it will get put in the same box as HL-2.
We didn't say anything about TF-2 at E3 because it would have gotten mixed up with the HL-2 stories."

Just thought you all might like to hear that.

Oh wait its already been posted...like a million times. I'm not having a go at you personally Noldor but everyone keeps quoting things said by valve and and yet still everyone says "I wonder if TF2 will be free?" and stuff like that.

well, then let's post it again? i hate people who refuses to read!

Originally posted by ValVed RaY
umm you fool, the developers of condition zero were not aware of the developnment of half life 2, if they were im sure they would have stopped production and switches engines, it's a bit too late now.

p.s. just in case you didn't get it, the people in condition zero are not the same crew that's developing hl2

but Valve is still the publisher u ignorant **ck

Originally posted by h00dlum
but Valve is still the publisher u ignorant **ck

ummm, yeah h00dlum you're probably right, sorry. i was really tired yesterday. :bonce:

Valve are a development team...Sierra are publishers...yeah, thats right :) h00dlum, you are wrong....

i think vehicles in HL2 are going to be fun!.

/me drives buggy to enemy area. puts peddle to the metal adn jumps out, shooting at the gasstank and boom, buggy explodes. a burning tire hits one off the enemy's and the other ones die in the explosion.

I wonder if HL2's multiplayer will include a unique-nick system, so there won't be any fakers.

CS: CZ as you know is a single player game (mostly). The multiplayer part we be exactly like CS 1.6, so pretty much if you have the retail or mod game of Counter-Strike then your buying CS: CZ for the singeplayer. Here's where my idea comes into play after HL2's release CS 1.7 or 1.8 (you know what i mean) will come out as a mod for HL2. They are probably converting it at the moment so that it will come out sometime after 1.6's realease or CS: CZ. So i would imagine that the most likely multiplayer part of HL2 would be TF2 and a couple others that they havnt revealed. I think that both TF2 would be available via free dl mod. For stand alone reasons: steam and retail.

this is what we know.... some ppl still seem to comment on the contrary.

1) TF2 is in development and an announcement will be made soon OR after hl2 has been released.

2) CS2 is DEFINATELY already in development (gooseman has said hes working on it)..... and i think DoD2 is also being made.

3) Steam is a system for delivery content over the internet with online PURCHASING....... HL2 will be available through steam.

now because steam is PAY to dl.... i will say that CS2 and DoD2 will definately be FREE mods and thus you will dl them from nayhwere AND be able to buy them off the shelf..... they won't be available through steam because if you can dl them you will dl them for free..... if you cant you will buy them off the shelf. TF2 i rekon will be a complete standalone game.

they MIGHT offer steam users free dl's but that would use up bandwidth which costs money and ppl can always dl the game from other sites :)

thats what i think anyway. Valve have ALWAYS been generous to the hl community of both gamers and modders..... they aren;t about to screw us over and make us pay for CS2 and DoD2 because ppl then wont buy HL2..... alot of people will only buy i for CS2 as with the first imo..... i know plenty of ppl that have never played the single player properly :¬/

anyway

Kam

Read my thread if you want to speculate about the relationship between HL2 and TF2... it's called A quotes you may find
interesting, and yes I know, I screwed up naming that one...

EDIT: THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE A D0D2 , the team said so :p

Originally posted by Noldor
*sigh* so many trolls, and so many people who refuses to read the facts. There has ben several interwieves with valve, and just recently at E3 it was stated that TF2 will be stand alone. As for CS2 it has been under development for two years now, and will be stand alone too.

oh noldor DO please show me where anyone has said CS2 has been ind eveloment for 2 years..... please.... pretty please..... has cs even been retail for that long?? msot ive heard is that gooseman has been working on it for a bit.... nothing close to 2 years though. maybe i missed that but doubtful.
and what i want even more is some evidence that CS2 will be standalone....... its a MOD..... plain and simple and no one has ever said ANYTHING saying otherwise as far as i have read..... no one with any official word. it WILL have a standalone retail im almost sure..... but it'll still be a free downlaodable mod. why does everyone seem to treat Valve with the same misguided behaviour as the likes of EA.... EA are money milking cows that WOULD make you buy all these things but Valve have NEVER done anything like that.... and they deserve more respect and less speculation to the contrary imo.

As for H00dlum....... no VALVE IS NOT THE PUBLISHER!!! sierra online is....... and are sierra still owned by whatchacall it.. vivendi thats it??? they were gonna sell them off again last i heard.

anyway....... on the other note.....
aslong as HL2 ownz im not that bothered about the mods.... it will still be worth my money. jsut such a bonus when cs2, dod2 and ns2 all own etc. plus tf2 \o/

Kam

Kam, look at my post...... there is not going to be a DoD 2....sorry mate, but the team say no....and I said the Vavle aren't publishers Sierra are.....ah well

dod2 is not going to be released on the hl2 engine? are you some type of moron?..do you make things up as you go?. The team is thrilled that they are going to be givin the SDK a few weeks before HL2 is released. This has been confirmed by valve and the dod team members...GG

Originally posted by Shockwave
The team is thrilled that they are going to be givin the SDK a few weeks before HL2 is released. This has been confirmed by valve and the dod team members...

Ah well.....I read it somewhere on here....but DoD is also supposed to be a stand-alone release....published by Activision.....I don't make things up as I go...and I am not a moron, I simply say that I have read that the DoD team were not working on DoD2...... and a few weeks, when most of the serious mod teams are getting it in August.....ah well

I don't care what mods come out later and I don't care which are sold separately. I say I don't care but I won't be happy unless the old ones are remade in the new engine some time.
What I'm more interested in is what will ship with half life 2 as multiplayer. We can only speculate now.

lol..thought it was someone else who posted it ..

Anyway..dod2, cs2 wont be out till probably summer 2003 on hl2 engine, that way they can milk dod retail and cs:cz to get the last money outa the hl1 engine.

Originally posted by mrBadger
Valve are a development team...Sierra are publishers...yeah, thats right :) h00dlum, you are wrong....

what i mean is that Valve still owns the rights to CS and CS:CZ

Originally posted by h00dlum
what i mean is that Valve still owns the rights to CS and CS:CZ

Don't listen to Valved, he has no idea what he is talking about.

some facts

- cs2 is not planned to be a mod for hl2 or a game at all. (you can expect it though)
- no port cs to hl2 planned.
- dod2 is not planned for hl2. (the dod team has no intentions with this at all)
- no port of dod to hl2 planned.
- teamfortress 2 WILL be a standalone game.
- condition zero will be using the original half life engine, no port either, and no switch.
- halflife 2's multiplayer features are not known. (it will include vehicles though)

well i hope you stop asking the same questions, don't be mad at me because your favorite mod is not comming to hl2. i'm not the person that makes the decisions.

i agree with you on all of that except this part
"- teamfortress 2 WILL be a standalone game."

do oyu have a fact to back that up? a source?

Ah, so thats where i got the idea that there was going to be no DoD2.....hmmmmmm ah well

- dod2 is not planned for hl2. (the dod team has no intentions with this at all)

look.....I got my info from the same Official statements as you.....

some facts

- cs2 is not planned to be a mod for hl2 or a game at all. (you can expect it though)
- no port cs to hl2 planned.
- teamfortress 2 WILL be a standalone game.
- condition zero will be using the original half life engine, no port either, and no switch.
- halflife 2's multiplayer features are not known. (it will include vehicles though)

I just thought i would quote those because he's right! :E

I wonder why are you worrying a lot about multiplayer. There's nothing special about it, but it's not the main issue nowadays. And i don't think Valve would like gamers to skip such an opportunity, like throwing desks at each other :- )

Originally posted by Dile
I wonder why are you worrying a lot about multiplayer. There's nothing special about it, but it's not the main issue nowadays. And i don't think Valve would like gamers to skip such an opportunity, like throwing desks at each other :- )

der half life main thing is multiplayer and mods..that why the game is still alive after 5yrs

I knew CS2 wasnt planned. I heard DOD2 was being worked on but the DOD team hasnt said anything that I have read.

I think that they will convert CS1.6+ to HL2 as a mod sometime or another. So pretty much the game will be the same besides physics and graphics perhaps. Just an idea...

Originally posted by MIWojo11

I think that they will convert CS1.6+ to HL2 as a mod sometime or another. So pretty much the game will be the same besides physics and graphics perhaps. Just an idea...

Yeah, I would actually be happy if they released something like that with HL2. But it seems they are planning something more exotic.

Hmm, I just read an old article about TF2 on PlanetFortress and found some bizzare quotes (supposedly) from Gabe:

"What's Minh working on? He's working on Counter-Strike 2, which will use the same engine as TF 2." (2001/05/16)

"There are far more people working on TF 2 than will be working on Condition Zero." (2001/05/16)

We presume that TF2 had already moved to Source by May 2001? I guess that jives with the general timeline.
Interesting. :O

Originally posted by MIWojo11
I heard DOD2 was being worked

I think that they will convert CS1.6+ to HL2 as a mod sometime or another. So pretty much the game will be the same besides physics and graphics perhaps.
thank you for confusing people seeking information with the wrong information.

just because you like a game and you think it would be cool if they did this or that to it, doesn't mean it's being worked on.

Originally posted by Shockwave
TF2 will ship with HL2 and have a 30 day trial on it, after your 30 day trial runs out you will have to purchase the game via steam if you want to play it online.

1. Making a 30 day trial period wouldnt be so smart because those trial periods can easily be hacked.

2. Releasing it w/o a trial would be smarter because it would get people to buy the addon without knowing if it's good or not. Because if people try the trial and wont like it they obviously wont buy it. And if they just straight up buy it and wont like it, some would most likely just keep it and wont return it for a number of reasons. Being lazy is one because its a real bitch arguing with the people at the store why you want to return their products and their whole return policies and all that BLAHRAGF.gaergvf. i need to go to the bathroom excuse me.

Jeebus,
Okay, if none of the originals were ported to HL2, clones would be made by other teams. The people who made the original mods aren't going to stop making mods, they might just decide to work on something new. After reading interviews ad nauseum, I've compiled the following:
1. Team Fortress 2 is standalone, built on source engine. NOT FREE!!!
2. Valve has already bought the domain name dayofdefeat2.com
3. CS:CZ is not being ported to hl2. They would have to scrap all the code and models.
4. Whatever multiplayer is released with hl2, it is not JUST MF'ing death match. Every single interview with valve team members has ended with what can you tell us about multiplayer and the response is invariably: nothing! Valve's completely mum on multiplayer, and it sure as hell is not because they are throwing together some shoddy DM pos!!!

Back