Music of HL2

I would as far to say HL had its own style and many of them, it changed to suit whatever was required, stopped it getting bogged down in one style

Yeah, the pistol sounds real nice, but the sound is weird.

I could never get the sound to work on my copy:(

Was there a Nihilanth song? I found that fight kinda boreing without music.

I really liked the buggy music in the hl2 demo. It fit so well...

half life music

Half Life has very good Music in it - indeed.

I would watch shows on tv and hear people using the music from half life 1 in it all the time.

The Scarry themes etc.

Concerning music - I think its very important that mods also have nice music, Heavy Metal, Techno, Rock etc.

have a variaty of music and also not over due it.

My Mod will have music -

let me know what you think of this little sample's

(yes they arn't full songs)

http://www.users.qwest.net/~mdg13/Dracten/themesong3.mp3

http://www.users.qwest.net/~mdg13/Dracten/menu.mp3

I don't know how well that themesong would work. Personally, I would not use one with vocals in it.

That menu.mp3 would be pretty nice as music in the main menu. I can also see it as the kind of music that would play when you're just driving through a vast desert by yourself.

The menu music reminds me of GTA3 for some reason. Its sounds like elevator music. Personally I liked the vocal one, just not for gameplay. Put it in a demo as background music or something.

thanks

thanks for your opinions on that ;)

most of those are back round music for the game Menu's etc.
-not in game music - the in game music (for gameplay) is going to be very cool and interesting.

Like most Video Game music ;) just wanted to see your opinions.

if you'd like to help out with the music or doing 3d modeling let me know.

I am still looking for 3d modelers, and texture artists.

I know that the music and sound for HL2 is probably completely finished, but I still think it would be cool if Radiohead had done music for the game. :smoking:

Back