MW3

Blatant ctrl-c, ctrl-v.

OXM UK: 9/10 - Like it or not, it's heartening to know that the most popular game on the Xbox 360 is also one of the best.

Edge: 9/10 - Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare trilogy stands as this generation's defining FPS series - and Modern Warfare 3 is an emphatic, feature-packed and sometimes stunning final act.

OXM: 9.5 - When everything here is this well-executed and offers so many enduring thrills, it's hard to knock it too much. MW3 absolutely delivers.

GamesRadar: 9/10 - If you're looking for a new kind of shooter, look elsewhere. Modern Warfare 3 succeeds by doing more - much, much, much more - of what's always worked spectacularly for the series. We still can't get enough.

Guardian: 5/5 - The Infinity Ward engine is far from cutting edge - the overall look of the game has not moved on enormously since MW2. But the vision, the choreography, the sense of scale and detail - they are awe-inspiring at times.

Telegraph: 5/5 - Modern Warfare 3 is a shining example of refinement and improvement. It's familiar, sure, but here familiarity doesn't breed contempt, just respect and reward for those who've dedicated so much time to the series. And for new players, it's the perfect starting point, more accommodating and encompassing than ever.

AusGamers: 9.6/10 - Don't go hating on this because it's Call of Duty. This is Modern Warfare 3 - the final chapter in an epic tale, and part of a series that changed the first-person shooter landscape forever. It's an absolutely solid title, the best entry in the series and something that should keep you playing for some time to come. More than worth the investment.

Destructoid: 9.5/10 - Whether you like what it does is a matter of personal taste, but the skill and experience brought to the table is hard to refute. Modern Warfare 3 gets it done, and it gets it done damn well.

GameTrailers: 9.3/10 - If you're expecting a huge departure from what's come before you'll be disappointed, but fans will get exactly what they're looking for. World War III shouldn't be this fun.

1UP: A- - I'm glad to say the multiplayer remains addicting and is more balanced than ever.

VideoGamer: 9/10 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 doesn't do anything new, but it also doesn't do anything wrong. For better or worse, this is a slick and well-metered trio of modes that make an entertaining package, but Sledgehammer Games and Infinity Ward are simply looking to augment previous games rather than expand the series into pastures new

Joystiq: 4.5/5 - Modern Warfare 3 is a great Call of Duty game, just as every other entry in the franchise is a great Call of Duty game. However, it shares more than quality with its predecessors - it, like its forefathers, leaves you waiting for something perfect.

IGN: 9/10 - Despite its flaws, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 takes the fantastic series we've come to love over the years and iterates on it with great success. The multiplayer is hands-down the best it has ever been, with more features, more modes and a ton of new levels and ways to interact via Call of Duty Elite. The singleplayer campaign and Spec Ops mode add value to the overall package, creating something that may not be perfect, but is too damn addicting to pass up.

GameInformer: 9/10 - When it comes down to it, Modern Warfare 3 meets expectations. The core elements of multiplayer and the campaign remain fundamentally unchanged, but the game serves as a great example of how many subtle tweaks can add up to an improved overall product.

GameSpot: 8.5/10 - This is some of the best online shooter action around, and with the daunting challenges of Spec Ops and the exciting, globe-trotting campaign, Modern Warfare 3 stands tall as another great descendant of the game that changed a generation.

GiantBomb: 4/5 - Modern Warfare 3 feels split between the great excitement of its time-tested multiplayer and the feeling that this whole style of game has just gotten old.

Eurogamer: 8/10 - That the single-player story brings the Modern Warfare saga to a fairly definitive end is, then, cause for celebration. Whatever next year's entry brings, some measure of reinvention will be essential. For now, its exuberant blend of testicular bravado and blockbuster gloss ensures that Call of Duty retains its crown as the shooter genre's biggest, boldest rollercoaster ride for at least one more year.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/325392/modern-warfare-3-review-round-up/

Finished it. 5ish hours. Not as fun as MW2's or Blops.

Last level with the battlesuits was close, but then they had to get rid of them and it became boring again.

Urgh, journalism involving games is terribly stupid. I enjoyed Eurogamer's review but even they let it off lightly in the end. I'm interested to hear what RPS have to say.

10/10 reviews! this must be the best game ever made!

MW3 MP seems more polished then BF3 MP I gotta say.
also I was planning on buying MW3 but my Boss gave us all free copies so now I have money to buy Skyrim yay!

Finished the campaign in this one and I have to say they have wrapped the whole story up very nicely. Also, yes, I only play for the single player which I have to say takes a massive dump over MW2 and Blops campaigns.

Also, why does this forum not detect video links automatically. Pain in the arse :p.

Finished the campaign in this one and I have to say they have wrapped the whole story up very nicely. Also, yes, I only play for the single player which I have to say takes a massive dump over MW2 and Blops campaigns.

Maybe I'll bother playing this then... COD4 had a great campaign, but I was disappointed in MW2's singleplayer and Blops had such a dumb campaign that I didn't even finish it. I've never really given a shit about COD multiplayer (at least not since COD2).

I'm also only interested in the singleplayer, but should I bother? Last one I tried was Black Ops, which I thought was horrendous (quit after the first mission).

There is so much blatant score inflation... every single review basically says "it's not really different or innovative and it is a well-crafted rehash of the same familiar concepts from MW and MW2 and its graphics aren't great and it doesn't quite top MW itself but it sure still is a ton of fun like the last seven COD games no matter what all the haters say!" and then wheels around and gives it a 9 or a 9.5 like that's the standard score for a well-executed but unimpressive sequel. I mean seriously, Half-Life 2 got similar scores and I think we can all agree that's an utterly laughable comparison, like saying Twilight deserves a place in the canon of world literature alongside something like Ulysses or Anna Karenina.

It's obvious that almost all of these were either written by COD fans (probably intentionally assigned the review by an editor) or were leaned on by their editor/publisher to be friendly and keep the scores high so that they don't endanger the millions of dollars of advertising money Activision brings to them on a regular basis as a part of the multi-billion dollar Call of Duty annual money circus. Looks like everybody is making money off of gamers' low expectations... at our expense.

Eurogamer gave it an 8 which is literally the only score I can respect on that entire list. Don't worry, I'll play it (it's on my press account so I might as well, but I would never spend $60 on this any more than I would buy a copy of Madden 2012 if I had Madden 2011 sitting on the coffee table), but even if it blows my nonexistent expectations out of the water and I have a total undeniable blast playing it, I can't see giving it anything higher than an 8 anyway.

bah dude ir feels muxh differnt then MW2 perks work a ll differently but kill streaks are much more balanced

New hl2.net feature: word streaks! Spell words without being a terrible ****up consecutively to unlock me not hating you.

I'm also only interested in the singleplayer, but should I bother? Last one I tried was Black Ops, which I thought was horrendous (quit after the first mission).

Different developer. But then again, IW is just a skeleton crew after the whole Acti coup thing, so the same pretty much applies for this.

There's a big difference between "casual dress" and "basement dweller attire".
There's also a big difference between "relevant review content" and "irrelevant personal details". Putting on a dress shirt isn't going to make him or his review any better or worse; except to people who care less about his review than about things that are not his review :V

Score inflation is hilarious(ly depressing) as always.

There's also a big difference between "relevant review content" and "irrelevant personal details". Putting on a dress shirt isn't going to make him or his review any better or worse; except to people who care less about his review than about things that are not his review :V

Attention to details is professionalism. Lack of care about his looks detracts from what is otherwise a very professional, well done review.

You're acting like the guy wore a stained wife beater. It's not even a bad shirt, sheesh. When you're reviewing a video game I think it's fairly normal to dress casually.

I'm actually finding MW3 multiplayer much more enjoyable than BF3's.

I never played the previous BF games, and the learning curve seems very steep. I hope I can party up with you guys soon and learn what it's all about.

At the moment, for me, MW3 is more fun.

Modern Warfare 3 is a great Call of Duty game, just as every other entry in the franchise is a great Call of Duty game.
I guess it's Tautology Tuesday.

Looks like everybody is making money off of gamers' low expectations... at our expense..
And yet you're still thinking about buying it.

How is COD4 in terms of multiplayer these days? I've never played it, but often hear people saying it was the best of the series and was wondering if by chance it has a more tolerable playerbase then the rest of the games. (I've only played MW2 and was only entertained for about a week before I got sick of everyone and everything about it) Is it true it's up to 64 players on a map?

How is COD4 in terms of multiplayer these days? I've never played it, but often hear people saying it was the best of the series and was wondering if by chance it has a more tolerable playerbase then the rest of the games. (I've only played MW2 and was only entertained for about a week)
It's OK. There's two or three maps that are decent, everything else is nade spam.

Play hardcore mode with a silenced G3 on Overgrowth if you want to hear kids scream.

How is COD4 in terms of multiplayer these days? I've never played it, but often hear people saying it was the best of the series and was wondering if by chance it has a more tolerable playerbase then the rest of the games. (I've only played MW2 and was only entertained for about a week before I got sick of everyone and everything about it) Is it true it's up to 64 players on a map?

It's OK. There's two or three maps that are decent, everything else is nade spam.

Play hardcore mode with a silenced G3 on Overgrowth if you want to hear kids scream.

I'd recommend playing on a Promod server. Removes all the annoying weapons and perks.

Angry Birds and Farmville are two of the other most defining games of our generation as well.

Viperidae, read my post next time. I actually get the smug satisfaction of getting MW3 for free, but like I clearly stated I would absolutely not spend money on it otherwise.

My bad. Still, couldn't you boycott it by not downloading? :V

its been such a fun day what with half the internet writhing in hatred over MW2.5 dlc

I'm actually finding MW3 multiplayer much more enjoyable than BF3's.

I never played the previous BF games, and the learning curve seems very steep. I hope I can party up with you guys soon and learn what it's all about.

At the moment, for me, MW3 is more fun.

Join me, Dynasty, Hool, Kad and the others on Battlelog. There is almost always a party going on. Just ask Kad for the details of the Mumble server.

Join me, Dynasty, Hool, Kad and the others on Battlelog. There is almost always a party going on. Just ask Kad for the details of the Mumble server.

You sigged me? You are so cool.

I'd love to play with you guys. I'll try to get in on the weekend and show you how much of a nooblord I am.

As valid as all other MW3 bashing is, this is pretty silly. If the building fits in MW3, then why not? Or does it detract from my lust for fresh architecture? I've seen loads of buildings in BF3 that are straight out of BC2 which are straight out of BC1. But it works, so why not?

I won't be buying MW3. I'll happily admit that I had a lot of fun with CoD4 MP. I even thought the SP was pretty damn good. I played CoD5 for the lack of a more interesting FPS. I played MW2 because it seemed like a better CoD4 but got bored with it pretty quickly and I was having too much fun with BC2 anyway. I don't even know why I bought BlackOps, hardly played it. Zombie mode was amusing though. Sorry for sustaining this series you guys.

Valve has never recycled a single texture or prop, true story bro

So I'm here to admit I was wrong

fist-in-mouth17.jpg

Seriously. This is MW2 with slightly different maps and a jumbled up version of existing killstreaks and perks. See, I defended this one right away because the slight differences in quality and gameplay between all the other ones were sufficient to keep me interested. Not the case with this one. They couldn't even be bothered to update icons.

F*ck this game, f*ck this purchase, f*ck you Infinity Ward for f*cking taking my money for a map pack or the same goddamn maps. F*ck.

Well so much for the MP. What about the new SP? Just curious, but all the "BF3 rating = MW3 rating" reviewers say that MW3's strength is in its campaign.

Well so much for the MP. What about the new SP? Just curious, but all the "BF3 rating = MW3 rating" reviewers say that MW3's strength is in its campaign.
I think a consensus was about to form but then everybody decided the reviewer's shirt was the real issue.

There's a big difference between "casual dress" and "basement dweller attire".

GB is one of my favourite sites and the Bombcast is always quality, but it has to be said Jeff (and Ryan Davis) could both stand to lose a few pounds tbh.

I'd love to play with you guys. I'll try to get in on the weekend and show you how much of a nooblord I am.

Samesies. Game isn't very fun when you lone wolf it so I'd love to play with you guys too. I sent out mass friend requests last week under the origin name "cartermatic."

Back