My best moment!

A cool moment today, not a skill-related one though. On granary near the central point I rocket jumped in the air and a turret started shooting me, launching me in the air even higher. It may not look as cool on a screenshot, but in-game it was a "holy shit" moment. :D

cpgranary0004qa1.jpg

I don't know, if I'm even TRYING to kill something, a scout is the least of my worries. Sure their shotgun does freaking d20x5 damage, but if they are circling me, my reflexes kick in, and they get one shot max on me, before they are mowed down.

Now catching me by surprise is a whole different matter....

If the heavy manages to catch me right away then I'm done, but if not it's not likely that he'll get me before I bork him.

Also, I ubered a spy today to see if it would work after seeing this thread. He didn't capitalise on it :p

One laughworthy moment was yesterday when I was a medic in Hydro (attacking the dish whatever from caverns). I got my overcharge up to 98% by supporting a heavy who sucked and eventually died anyway. Then all the sudden a friendly scout runs in front of me at about 1/3 health so I start healing him, get 100% overcharge and accidentally activate it on the scout who clearly had no ammo at that point right at the same moment when three enemy heavies and demoman ambushed us.

The scout ended up clubbing three of them and I stayed alive in the end :)

Man. I just had an AMAZING couple moments when I was playing on a 24/7 dust server with OCybrmanO.

I was a pyro, he was a medic. He stuck around healing me and it really really paid off two times, when on the last flag area of the second round on defense, me and him went through the right tunnel, clearing out a few guys, and then we snuck up on a HUGE mass of enemies on the long straight left tunnel, obliterating like 6 or 7 guys plus dispensers and teleporters. It was so amazing... and what makes it even cooler, is that we did it again a second time! That put both of us up on the top of the list. :D

What sucks though is that my name was nullname the entire time. Oh well.

cybrrazizi5.jpg

Damn Raz, good to see you kickin' some ass!

Heh heh... I forgot to add that combined, we killed 15 enemies in that life alone on the first time it happened... OcybrmanO healing me, and me making the enemies crispy.

It was exhilirating.

Bumped my pyro stats up quite a bit too.

Most points: 18
Most kills: 15
Most assists: 3
Most captures: 1
Most defenses: 1
Most damage: 1,796
Most destruction: 4
Most dominations: 1
Most revenges: 0
Most UberCharges: 0
Longest life: 4:37

para said:
Control points aren't flags btw.

Excuse me for being a TF and TFC player where things were flag based. I still call everything flags. Briefcase, control points... all flags to me.

Heh heh... I forgot to add that combined, we killed 15 enemies in that life alone on the first time it happened... OcybrmanO healing me, and me making the enemies crispy.

It was exhilirating.

Bumped my pyro stats up quite a bit too.

Most points: 18
Most kills: 15
Most assists: 3
Most captures: 1
Most defenses: 1
Most damage: 1,796
Most destruction: 4
Most dominations: 1
Most revenges: 0
Most UberCharges: 0
Longest life: 4:37

Excuse me for being a TF and TFC player where things were flag based. I still call everything flags. Briefcase, control points... all flags to me.

Flags are easier to say...
OMFG GET THE CONTROL POINT/INTELIGENCE BRIEFCASE!

I prefer flags, I'll never call the intel a briefcase EVER.

You clearly need to widen your online fps spectrum then :)

Tribes 2 had flags, Control Point maps are basically the same as Unreal Tournament 2004's Onslaught mode (without vehicles) and Total Control maps are UT2k4's Assault mode. And if we're really nitpicking, there's not a single capturable flag in Team Fortress 2 :)

By the way guys, whats your longest life?
Mine is 18:00 as engineer.

my was...29:03....

15 minutes as medic. 15 minutes in the GOD DAMN TRENCHES, HEALING MY TEAMMATES DEEP BEHIND ENEMY LINES WITH ROCKETS WHIRLING OVERHEAD AND THE FRANTIC PLEAS OF THE INJURED INTERMINGLED WITH THE SATANIC SQUEALINGS OF OUR UNEARTHLY FOES!

Camping behind a basement sentry for twenty minutes is brave, too, though.

You clearly need to widen your online fps spectrum then :)

Tribes 2 had flags, Control Point maps are basically the same as Unreal Tournament 2004's Onslaught mode (without vehicles) and Total Control maps are UT2k4's Assault mode. And if we're really nitpicking, there's not a single capturable flag in Team Fortress 2 :)

buh?

My best moment today was getting five bonesaw kills in a row with the medic, including a heavy and two soldiers and then ubering a soldier and getting another 5 assists for it.

7v7 defending last cap of 2nd section of dustbowl. I'm an engineer and the rest of my team is dead because a push just happened at our point. I get on the cap point and wrench two people. I start a shooting match with a soldier and I'm down to my pistol. I get to the health pack behind the rock and finish the soldier off. I make it just in time to wrench crit a sniper who's trying to take the flag.

We won :)

Spy chain. On 2Fort, in the snipers nest. An enemy spy backstabs a sniper, I backstab the spy, the second spy backstabs me, and a second spy on our side who just came out of spawn backstabs him. :D

Most of my best moments involve a Heavy, an ubercharge, and a narrow hallway.

I just won a round on gravel pit as the soldier where I never died, got 14 kills, caused nearly 3000 damage and captured every point. I was quite pleased with myself. :D

Got to say my best would be topping the team with 59 points as a medic on dustbowl. I often felt without me, the team wouldn't have won, I was the one keeping the winning soldier or heavy alive.

Other than that, I saw 2 level 3 turrets, 2 dispensers and 2 teleport exits altogether, no engys, I was spy. Sapped the lot, killed both turrets, both teleports and 1 dispenser. An engy managed to heal the other one. That was pure joy in a can.

I was last guy on granary, it was sudden death. I was medic and against 5 others. Killed all with crazy crit syringes. My heart was beating so fast when I got to the last guy, I was all, OMG I CAN WIN THIS!!!

Also, my max damage is 11,000. (look for yourself)

On the first level of dustbowl (defending) I was heavy and went to the right side. I just kept getting the full healthpack in the shed and kept pouring more and more ammo into their spawn. The more I killed, the more criticals I got. In the end, with no medic, I got 17 kills in one life.

So proud :)

On the first level of dustbowl (defending) I was heavy and went to the right side. I just kept getting the full healthpack in the shed and kept pouring more and more ammo into their spawn. The more I killed, the more criticals I got. In the end, with no medic, I got 17 kills in one life.
I love those healthpacks. You can just keep pouring damage down into the trench-thing and basically never die. I made 22 kills as a Soldier that way... it was amazing. :D

after a breathtaking over 2 hours!!! game (lazytown/no time limit) to be part of the final capture.
two equally strong teams. very balanced and hard play. when i joined the game it started slow with 4v4 but over time more people joined so in the end it was 8v8. I played first soldier, a bit medic (but the heavy was too stupid, what a waste of time) and later spy. Great fun to backstab 3 snipers in 2 seconds. Their rifles on the floor for display :) would have been a nice screenshot but I've had to go...
when the time was right and the final enemy CP unlocked I changed to scout (thanks pyro for speeding up the proccess) and danced around the CP. Good luck, the enemy pyro not around and the snipers hopeless.

cp_lazytown0000.jpg

cheers
magu

Finally I meet some of the people I have been playing on the hl2.net server with a lot. Dammed you folks should post more in the lounge.

Last night in sudden death me as an engineer (with no metal for buildings) and an medic beat a medic, heavy, scout and soldier. Not sure if it is my 'best' moment but I thought it was rather awesome.

Yesterday after two lost rounds of well due to enemy scout rush and a noobish team i changed to Engie (what i'm REALLY tired of btw).
Nicely placed sentry and - oh shame - new high score per round. Too easy points. I spare u the boring Screenshot.
It took them a while to understand that they could not pass booooom's front as scouts, pyros, snipers or medics. Until finally a good spy came to backstab me (and to die in the process due to my sentry too) the time was close to SD. stalemate as usual.
Ended up with highest score by far but my team lost, so whats the point.
cheers
magu

I medicked a heavy you killed 8 people (Yes, the whole team was there) while invul

Not neccesarily my best, but they both felt good.

1. 8 blue-team members were packed together in the cave on dustbowl. They had 2 lvl 3 sentries, 3 dispensers and atleast 2 teles. Snuck up behind them, fired 4 grenades and 5 stickies and killed them all :upstare:

2. It was instant respawn - we won the round - fired 3 stickies [criticals] into their spawn room - BOOOOOOM.

A really nice recent moment?

On 2fort, I was waiting around base for a heavy to respawn when I saw a bunch of enemies run down the stairs to the intel room. I get my bonesaw out and follow them, and manage to kill a scout, a demoman, a medic, and a heavy in one, fell swoop.

We were playing Hydro and I was a spy. The other team sent out about 2 medics, a heavey, and 2 soilders. Right before getting to my base I got on a rampage, slicing into their backs over and over, before returning to my base.

cpdustbowl0036ay9.jpg

cpdustbowl0037gi1.jpg

First proper game as engineer. Heh.

Edit: Spoiler tagged due to page stretch.

I ONLY play Lazytown. I think it's a great map, not played much of the maps that came with the game, sadly.

Anyway... I was a sniper on lazytown, and in one life, I lived for 29 minutes, killed 53 people, scored 91 points, dominated 5 people (many more already dominated before this life began), caused 12,200 damage, and the funny thing was it only came to an end because the map was won (which is a rarity).

Another fun moment just happened an hour ago (on the same server), I was in one of my killing sprees as a sniper and an American medic who was healing me and racking up on kill assists said over team speak "Dudes, Kenny is an evil sniper"... a few more kills in quick succession prompted a manic laugh by him and another American. It was hilarious... Considering it's a UK server, I find it strange that Americans go on there every night.

Back