My Gamestop manager- yes Hl-2 related

Reaction score
My manager just got back from a gaming convetion and he says he spoke to a couple of the programmers of hl2 and they said the following. Sam <--- the manager ask them about the release date of hl2 and they said SOON very SOON. They also told him to get as many people to reserve the collectors edition because there will be a big surprise.Ohh and get that limited book too it's got lots of cool pictures1000+ and stuff(29.99). He also brought back a bunch of games he got for free fable,blood rayne 2, etc...

Plus he got to see halo 2 in action he says it was awsome(yes he played it , they had a drawing of selected people that if there name was called they were sent into this booth to play it . And Star wars Battlefront was there and he says that game was a battlefield 1942 killer :sniper: (desert combat). But we all know Battlefield 2 is going to kill battlefront. Did you see those screenshots of Battlefiled 2 :eek:

im going to bed now so i wont be able to answer any questions that you might have. Ill be back tommorow. :)

Thanks for the info, we already know hl2 is soon ;) and that book will be a must for meh, maybe get off my dead arse and read something good for a change, I am sick of reading year old SuperStreet magazines.....ugh.

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
They also told him to get as many people to reserve the collectors edition because there will be a big surprise.

I switched my HL2 reservation to a collector's edition reservation yesterday :)

Now we just have to see if there really is anything special in it :p

cool, is collectors edition gonna be the same on steam as it is in box?

im wondering if the surprise is a physical object or included as software. because there would be no need to reserve it if you could get that surprise in the steam collectors edition, hmmmm.

Damn the fact that no UK online stores have the Collector's edition listed. Dammit.

:) My brother told me his friend works at Vivendi, true I don't know... most likely not, heh. We will see if I get to buy Half Life 2 for $10. I dunno shit I want that collectors edition, and that book, most likely gonna be spending like 100-120 bucks on Half Life 2.

The CE probably just has all the source port conversions in it

big whoopie IMO

I'll end up getting the CE and the book as well just to honor the time I spent waiting for this game. Plus I've recently come across $100+ in BB giftcards that are now reserved for HL2 expenditures :D

I find it hard to believe that the collectors edition will contain ports or a big surprise like dod or some additional addon that you cannot buy off steam.

why do you need a book filled with pictures when all pictures are online and you have the game on your own pc...i dont see the point of spending 30 bucks on something you can just look at while you can just play it yourself.

smacky said:
why do you need a book filled with pictures when all pictures are online and you have the game on your own pc...i dont see the point of spending 30 bucks on something you can just look at while you can just play it yourself.

It's not "THOSE" kind of pictures. It's about VALVe, the game's development (HL, HL mods and HL2). It's bound to be *very very* cool.

smacky said:
The pictures are not just screenshots. Have you seen 1000+ official HL2 pics? To my understanding, it contains the timeline of events that led to the fruition of HL2 as well as unreleased concept art, staff snapshots, etc. It's sort of like that 6 or so page story of how HL1 came to be (I forget the site that hosts it).

Not for everyone, but I'll enjoy reading through it.

EDIT: *curses above poster* :p

smacky said:

It's also a book about the development of Half-Life 2 and these pictures also include concept art.

Well Im ordering both the book and collectors from EB to Australia...thats a lot of money to be spending.
Its 29 US dollars just for shipping each! Thats ignoring the exchange rate as well..

lots of concept art. I don't think its over 1000 pictures of in game hl2.
and the stories behind the game.
;D

hl2 went gold......official countdown:10h left till they tell us that it went gold

can't wait!

Nex321 said:
hl2 went gold......official countdown:10h left till they tell us that it went gold

can't wait!

Erm, what?

Nex321 said:

can't wait!

yea... right... if u say so m8... im sure u have a direct line to valve & VU to find that info out.. hehe

Hey P43.2/1Gig/X800P, i believe your gamestop idea in some ways, but is there any way of proof about it or do we have to believe you on this one.

offtopic question: is known if that book is going to be translated in other languages?

You remind me of "guy" from ctrl alt del comics ;) Anyway thanks for the info!

Why on gods Earth havent we bene told about this CE for freaky meeky's sake.

At the risk of being anti-social this thread smell's of BS, sorry.

i went to my gamestop to reserve it yesterday and they said they still have no clue when its comin

2o3 said:
At the risk of being anti-social this thread smell's of BS, sorry.

Well for starters, what gaming convention is he talking about? and who were the "hl2 programmers"? and the fact that a employee would advertise the Prima book and the Collector's edition in such a blatant way doesn't really add to the credibility of the story. But that's just my opinion ;)

Cool info.

Im getting the book 100%
I have the ATI key but i still will be buying the CE.

Orange said:
lots of concept art. I don't think its over 1000 pictures of in game hl2.
and the stories behind the game.
;D

They said it was Hl and expansion (opf, cs, etc) and hl2. Hl2 will take up almost half the book.

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
My manager just got back from a gaming convetion and he says he spoke to a couple of the programmers of hl2 and they said the following. Sam <--- the manager ask them about the release date of hl2 and they said SOON very SOON. They also told him to get as many people to reserve the collectors edition because there will be a big surprise.Ohh and get that limited book too it's got lots of cool pictures1000+ and stuff(29.99).

If it's true, then spiffy. If it's not, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Black Mesa corp said:
Hey P43.2/1Gig/X800P, i believe your gamestop idea in some ways, but is there any way of proof about it or do we have to believe you on this one.
Believe me .

im gonna preorder the CE tommorow, i already got HL2 from ATI coupon though.

It better be a good surprise

It better not be something like

"You get 1000 AND 1 pciture in the book"

I have already pre-ordered the HL2 collectors edition. The price I payed for it was....about 119 dollars canadian. not bad.

I have $95. Maybe I should reserve a Collectors and buy the limited book.

Back