My name is Post and i almost made a mistake..

P

posthl63

Hi, my name is Jer... Posthl63 and i almost played the stolen verson of Half-Life 2.

woah, woah, WOAH. Dont take out that delete stick just yet MR. Mod...Hear me out!

It all started yesterday when i set out on a quest to find this so-called leak and try it for myself, so after hours of searching sites, boards, posts, and getting a gazillion viruses (thank you Norton) i finally had the right file at the right place and started downloading.

(this is the part i type so i dont get banned)..

I couldn't let myself do it. After so many years of playing a great game with the greatest community do i really wanna betray Valve by playing something thay dont want me to? "Hell no".

I dont want my first time i ever use a Manipulator Gun, take down a Strider, or throw a mattress at a person to be in a unfinished game handed down by a thief. Hell i know i wanted to play it, but i just dident....and i know the actual game will be that much sweeter because of it.

And i understand if you think this Tread should be deleted :cheers:

No need for deletion. Good self control there :)

I was thinking that same thing. I want my first HL2 experience to be with the finished game. :)

u have good patience but you could have used that topic discussing just this a few down, but oh well, nowt else to post tbh :)

I did the exact same thing you did -- twice.

The wait was getting long but E3 gave me my temporary fix of HL2

[sarcasm]Fool, you are weak! :)[/sarcasm]

I didn't even attempt a search for that monstrosity!

welcome to the forums...
so what you are saying is, you couldnt find the leak? (lol j/k)

Mr. Redundant said:
so what you are saying is, you couldnt find the leak?

LOL! That really cracked me up :)

But seriousely though, i did play the leak, and it just made me want the final version even more.

That and it gave me something to do until they go gold :D

I admire your self control alot. I wish you would've been next to me the first time I checked a beta-site for info and screenshots and downloaded the leak. To punch me in the face or something.

This thread has no purpose. The purpose of this thread is to end.

ha, too lazy to wait for the d/l time ?

Just put on the DL and go to sleep, thats what I di...errr....would do :bounce:

If the full game doesnt come with a seprate level that u can fool around with the physics like the E3_techdemo_2....i would just download that map from the beta and play it with the full version.... hope it would work

It's just a game.... not heaven, what is it with you people?

marty905 said:
If the full game doesnt come with a seprate level that u can fool around with the physics like the E3_techdemo_2....i would just download that map from the beta and play it with the full version.... hope it would work

Yeah someone damn well put the physics demo level inthere :) I've been drooling over that level for over a year now. Screw gameplay and story, i wanna play that demo level! :)

PatPwnt said:
It's just a game.... not heaven, what is it with you people?

Oh sure it's just a game man. Actually, what the hell are we wasting our time for? Hanging around these forums talking about a goddamn stupid little game. :)

Think harder dude...the "just a game" thing doesn't work around forums that are based upon the "stupid little game"...I think you'd be better off converting christians to atheïsts back on the www.ilovechrist.com forums :)

But beware of the dark side.... If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will

Line Bender said:
Yeah someone damn well put the physics demo level inthere :) I've been drooling over that level for over a year now. Screw gameplay and story, i wanna play that demo level! :)

Oh sure it's just a game man. Actually, what the hell are we wasting our time for? Hanging around these forums talking about a goddamn stupid little game. :)

Think harder dude...the "just a game" thing doesn't work around forums that are based upon the "stupid little game"...I think you'd be better off converting christians to atheïsts back on the www.ilovechrist.com forums :)

lol good post!! :E

on topic: i have been stolen build free since day 1
<Homer> woohoo! :E :dork: :thumbs:

I agree that's its just a gema, but don't you guys just love that smell of new, when you open a new game's box?! I'm addicted to it....

marty905 said:

if not Im pretty sure it would be fairly simplistic to slap a quick tech demo level together ourselves.

Line Bender said:

I think I seriously am going to try that. "converting christians to atheïsts"

the beta is bullstockings. bad example of an amazing game.

actually its a good example of a game thats not out yet.....

Downloading the first 11.38MB was the closest I came to playing the leak. Overcame that craving, phew.

hello, my name is kyle, and im proud to say ive been beta free for 2 months... but seriously ive never even tried to get it. the closest ive been able to allow myself to get is once or twice. in what we'll call "the dry months" when we had no info whatsoever i went to a site with beta screens, scrolled down until i saw the very top of a pic that showed blood on the floor, freaked out and closed the browser.

I wonder . . . how many people wouldn't of tried it if they didn't have broadband.

makes you wonder 8|

couldent have put it better myself thread author, I feel exatly how you do. Whenever I get a craveing for any little drop of the game I can get, I just remember that IT DOES exist.. and I should just whatch E3 movies and pray for a sooner release. I dont want to give away such an epic that ive been following for so long, and partakeing int he community for years of.

Yah, I watched some guy play both Doom 3 and HL2 betas at a LAN party. I was -this- far away from leeching the HL2 beta but I didn't :)

Someone kicked the cable out midway through the transfer :(

Onions said:
No need for deletion. Good self control there :)

Good self control? I seriously doubt it. I found the beta as soon as I heard about it (I had to know where I had it, you know, just to be safe). Then I chose another game from a ship developer (Asshole companies rule!) and downloaded that instead. This was a LONG time ago.

So, your self control sucks if you DLd it only to delete it. Even worse if you DLd and DIDN'T delete.

i realy dont see why people brag about either not play/playing/stoping themselves from playing the Beta.

If i could describe it with 1 word it would be.... "Shagged"

I realy think the media blew the entire thing out of proportion.

the only news worthy part of the whole beta was that it was "haxord" other than that almost all games get betas leaked.

1. Name 5 in the last year.
If you can, I'll be surprised.

2. And how many did you download?
If you did, you are an idiot.

This thread shouldn't be deleted, it should be stickied

I downloaded it, but it wouldn't run because of my crappy Voodoo3. Good thing I guess..

i just got the techdemo level only from the beta and im gonna put it into the maps folder wen the game comes out and play it.....i wonder how deep the water is in that pool

To tell you the truth, I didn't have too much of a chance against resisting playing the beta, my brother downloaded it, and showed me. :/

I know I know I am still a jerk, but... oh well, make your own decisions.

Back