My summary of the HL2.net / HL2.php juxtaposition

czrsink said:
Has 'Alyx' changed?: You stare dreamily at the screen. That headcrab thing happens again...

nope its the same.

No steamy secert render :( ;(

Ah, I just read the 'hottie' bit at the beggining of this thread.

Wow, i was quoted :p Yea, hopefully we'll see the solution to this soon which could signify Gold or something! :bounce:

Well, I was reading through that and I just saw the quote

"You see a street in front of you. To your left is a door. The way behind is blocked by rubble. To your right, a headcrab glares menacingly."

A street in front of you- Isn't VALVe's office overlooking a busy highway? Could be just Gabe's office with a view. The door, the only way out- Blocked by rubble which could possibly symbolise the mountains of paperwork/bugs or theoretically anything. To his right the headcrab glares menacingly- The headcrab, remember when the original game went gold? They had the huge headcrab that they smashed when it officially went gold, which I believe that it's symbolising.

It obviously hasnt gone gold yet as the headcrab is still intact.

Just my opinion, one of my very useful 2 posts :)

Yeah I know! I was pretty surprised that something simple like that was overlooked :)

Brian Damage said:
"the truth... you cannot know the truth" is something the Nihilanth says, isn't it?

I've heard tons of rumors of the Nihilanth saying all sorts of weird stuff and I can remember trying to decipher what he says in the game.

I know he groans out "Feeeeemaaan" but he says some other stuff too. Anyone ever anaylzed the wav. files or try to figure what the hell its saying? Maybe there is a hint there.

exoeight said:
it's supposed to be... "This was not a test"
Yes, I messed up. A small thing, but enough to have some people thinking it changed, and that the change means something.

User eAi noted in another thread that ?move=cows is another move, albeit identical to ?move=cow.

Heres another factiod:

We already know Chris Bokitch said that he was working on hl2.php in this Steam forums thread. (thanks Feath). He mentions he was working on it with 'Greg'. I am inferring from a statement chris_d made in this thread that the Greg in question is Greg Coomer.

We were probably interacting with these two gentlemen.
(though who knows who else was around at the time).

RioBravoXL said:
I've heard tons of rumors of the Nihilanth saying all sorts of weird stuff and I can remember trying to decipher what he says in the game.

I know he groans out "Feeeeemaaan" but he says some other stuff too. Anyone ever anaylzed the wav. files or try to figure what the hell its saying? Maybe there is a hint there.

Er, yeah, seems like someone in the speculation forum does that with the Nihilanth wavs every few months. Searching should find the relevent threads.

Don't know if this has been said already, but on 'truth' something has been edited in the bottom, it now has the lines:

But how will you know when there's new stuff here? Hmm.

You seem like intelligent people... I think you'll find the path is... clear... when the time is right.

I could be mistaken, but it used to just say "You guys all rock. :)

Out for dinner. We'll continue this another time."

http://www.half-life2.com/hl2.php?move=truth

EDIT: ah I see it has already been mentioned.. darnit YARRRR.... ;(

Is this the end? Has HL2.net finally been beaten by Valve?
Lol, I kid. Hopefully this isn't just a cliffhanger ending, it's just a break for the weekend.

Back