My theory on the whole G-Man Plot --May contain spoilers if you havn't played HL2:EP2

D

[DOG]

Okay well if you havn't played half life 2 episode two you might not understand this, but this is my theory on the G-man and what he is up to..

First of all, I don't think the G-man has any family relation to Gordon at all, personally I think they made the two have similar traits to throw us off, and subtract us from the main plot, so were off thinking different things, while the real thing is right in front of our noses..

But what I do belive is that G-man is part of a bigger plot, which is what my theory is based off of..

[ Theory ] -- I think that G-man is using Gordon and Alyx to get to Borealis, the ship that Eli said "Must be destroyed because of it's unthinkable power." At the end of episode two. All in all I think G-man wants to use that ship for himself, but he can't get it, without Gordon's help because because G-man doesn't have a physical form, sure he can teleport places and see everything, but he doesn't have a physical form, a lot of the time he is transparent and invisible to everyone but Gordon. So with Gordon's he can get Borealis, and use its 'unthinkable' power for whatever cause he is supporting. I also think Eli knows more then we think, because obviously Eli knew G-man almost as well as we do, which can be supported from Eli telling us about him ' saving Alyx ' the day of the black mesa incident [ Also when G-man comes in when the Vortigauns are healing Alyx he talks about hand picking here out of Black mesa, though he doesn't say her name, we assume it's her, and Eli later talking about it gives it away ] Eli also talks about a 'man' dropping off the crystal that day and he knew he shouldn't have taken it. And another thing, which I'm not as sure about as all the other, Eli kept telling us before he died that we must destroy Borealis, but he never really mentioned that we must destroy it because of the combine, it's almost like he knows that the 'G-man' will be after it and wants to use it for his power, but i'm not really sure on this it's just something I noticed. Now, this is my theory, talk about it, comment it, anything, but before I go I want to finish it up..

So, we all know were going to get Dr. Mossman in ep. 3, and were going to Borealis, to either destroy it or use it, who knows, but when you think about it, it all ties itself together, G-man telling Gordon to get Alyx to white forest, G-man telling Alyx to tell her dad that there will be unforseen consequences [ Almost like G-man and Eli had met once before and had a conversation, like I said above, with Eli talking about G-man ] It just all makes alot of sense, It's G-mans master plot to use Gordon and Alyx to get to Borealis and activate it so he can use it. Kind of like G-man is using everyone as his puppets, and hes using gordon as the puppet master, though of course Gordon doesn't want to, since again, G-man does not have a physical form..

So in episode 3 I think it'll take place in the winter region where Borealis is [ Since you could see it snowing on the telegram Mossman sent ] and I think alot of plot will be based around Borealis, and G-man trying to get control over it, along with the combine, and I think we [ as Gordon ] will at first want to get control over it, but change our minds to wanting to destroy it after we see how many people are after it [ G-man and the remaining combine ] and one last thing, I think G-man is going to be revealed quite a bit in episode 3, with alot of conversations between him and Gordon.

But all we can do is see, though I did read in an interview with valve [ can't remember where I found it though ] that half life 2 episode 3 will have a very shocking "epic" ending.

But who knows if that 'epic' ending will be good, or bad..

tl;dr.

Mech Man, do you follow Dog around or something :(

This kind of story is overused. I'd be mad if this is true.

Well the little bit that I did read I noticed a flaw anyway, Eli is seen by many, scientists at Black Mesa when he gave them the pure sample, Eli, Odessa Cubbage or even prehaps Breen to name a few.

I have lots of theories, but one of my favourite ones is one that supirisingly no one has thought of yet;
the g-man is the devil or somekind of supernatural thing (e.g a demon) who has come to earth in disguise as an ordinary human being to cause chaos and war, and is picking people he likes (gordon, adrian shephard, ect)and using them as pawns to manipulate all this havoc.

also this theory that the g-man is gordon freeman cannot be true. reply if you want to know why.

ps: the top theory is plausable but dosent explain very much about the g-man.

*first post here*

I think G-Man is working for a rival civilization (rival with the Combine) which can't attack Earth for an obscure reason, or that his employers are something like the rulers of the Universe, who needs to keep the balance there... Nah, this is so crazy XD

he's a part of the grey alien race that uses the on going conflict between earth and the combine in order to weaken both sides. Once both are crippled, the greys swoop in a take our oil.

Perhaps the G-man may be an alien native to Xen, or a manifestation of the border world, which could explain his unnatural powers with teleportation and such. He could also be a host body from the real Combine empire, which is trying to sublty destroy the Combine outpost on Earth for reasons of their own.

I have lots of theories, but one of my favourite ones is one that supirisingly no one has thought of yet;
the g-man is the devil or somekind of supernatural thing (e.g a demon) who has come to earth in disguise as an ordinary human being to cause chaos and war, and is picking people he likes (gordon, adrian shephard, ect)and using them as pawns to manipulate all this havoc.

:LOL: F*cking rofl at that!! Honstly, mate, you've got to get out more! Stop wasting all your time thinking far-fetched (and often bullsh*t) theories about the G-man!!!

In Opposing Force the g-man re-arms a nuclear bomb. He kind needs a physical form to do that.

I had a theory a while back where I thought the G-man was a rogue vortigaunt, took some extract to amplify his powers, assumed a human form, and decided to take things for a spin. Explains the purple patch on the back of his head.

Surely he'd need his own personal extract farm for that to work?

How about that Gman is actually the Combine king. He gave the test specimen to Eli so that they can open up the portal to Earth. Thus letting the Combine find their way to Earth. But why would he puppet around Gordon? Hmmm...nevermind, failed theory of mine? lol

Try to make a theory about the gman is more difficult than try to make a theory about where the universe stops.

On the one hand I say he isn't human. He doesnt talk normal. He can also do things that normal people can't do. The portal(gun) technologies could explain something, but not all.

But if he isn't human what was he doing in black mesa before Gordon opened the portal to Xen?

This is an old theory but still most possible...and yes mister G-man is defenetlly looking for ppl that are stong in mind and spirit - remembering the words from Shepard diary...

I get the feeling that Half-life isn't the kind of game tha-

You know what? Your right. Forget about it.

Anyone think that G-Man is Cave Johnson???

He sustained brain damage(G-man weird speech pattern) and is obviously able to use portals(AS Handheld Portal Gun), he started all this insanity when he caused the Resonance Cascade(if AS was in a battle with BMRS for gov. funding it would be a good idea to blow up the competition) and now I'm out of stuff to say....

I'll finish my Jamba Juice and think some more

/shenanigans

I do agree that the G-Man wants the Borealis for something. An even crazier theory is that Eli somehow came to an agreement with G-Man: He would receive Gordon to help with the resistance and overcome Breen and the Citadel (as in HL2) and in return Eli would get him the Borealis. I became really suspicious of this when in the beginning of Episode 1 Alyx said that Eli had said she wouldn't ever find him, as if he knew that Gordon's work was done and the G-Man was to take him back into his stasis.

Once Eli realizes that Gordon is not under the control of the G-Man (thanks to the vorts), he changes his mind about the Borealis, and now he wants it destroyed.

This part of the theory is a little less solid and up for questioning, but basically: The G-Man tells Eli to prepare for unforeseen consequences. Then Eli is killed by the advisor. Whether these events are related or not I have no idea, as the Combine were probably wanting to capture Eli's intelligence with or without any possible influence of the G-Man. There is also the possibility that G-Man was referring to the use of the Borealis. Or he could have been referring to his change of mind to have the Borealis destroyed instead of delivering it to the G-Man (given that the theory above holds any truth).

:LOL: F*cking rofl at that!! Honstly, mate, you've got to get out more! Stop wasting all your time thinking far-fetched (and often bullsh*t) theories about the G-man!!!

It's better than the majority of the crap that people think up

Doesn't matter anyway, because alyxvance is banned now!!!

Prepare for Unforeseen Consequences... - G-Man

dunno, but I'm using it in my real life, maybe coz we're all (the world, maybe) experiencing*so* many changes atm...

Anyways, the Consequences in-game may explain that there IS the destiny, and the G-Man knows things about it (but not everything, e.g. Gordon under vorts care), and that the Consequences *will* happen, either with or without G-Man's influence.

edit: srry for reviving topic... i didn't noticed as this page was bookmarked @ my FF... seriously...

My theroy is that Gman has a brown suit at home that he wears on casual Fridays.

He could also be a host body from the real Combine empire, which is trying to subtly destroy the Combine outpost on Earth for reasons of their own.

Holy crap! That poor businessman! :LOL:

It's possible Gman might be an agent of the Combine, but I always assumed he was a super-powerful Vortigaunt. (Like Teisatsu said earlier.)

G - it's abbreviation and symbol. G like a ideal of most powerfull abilities from which a person becomes like a God. Employers are using it for own agents.
Probably VALVe has taken it from masons and interpreting for own story.
G - it means Geometer, God. In religions God means that he is omnipresent.
Omnipresent it means everywhere and involvement to everything.
And now look at the Half-Life story, what G-Man can do ?!
G-Man can:
1. appears everywhere and anytime
2. stop the time
3. exist where human can't be, + stazis

G-man is everywhere and alters the course of events in the world, because he has involvement to everything in the world.
Forget about G-Man, the most important thing "Employers". Employers give for own agents powerfull abilities from which a person becomes like a God and doing a job for his Employers.

G - it's abbreviation and symbol. G like a ideal of most powerfull abilities from which a person becomes like a God. Employers are using it for own agents.
Probably VALVe has taken it from masons and interpreting for own story.
G - it means Geometer, God. In religions God means that he is omnipresent.
Omnipresent it means everywhere and involvement to everything.
And now look at the Half-Life story, what G-Man can do ?!
G-Man can:
1. appears everywhere and anytime
2. stop the time
3. exist where human can't be, + stazis

G-man is everywhere and alters the course of events in the world, because he has involvement to everything in the world.
Forget about G-Man, the most important thing "Employers". Employers give for own agents powerfull abilities from which a person becomes like a God and doing a job for his Employers.

LMAO, you know that he wans't even called the G-Man in Hl1? Thats a term the fans gave him meaning Government man bcause he always carried a briefcase and wore a suit, making him look like he works for the Government, not that hes god lol. Comparing him to god is taking it too far, but i agree he definitly has loads of power not even comprehended.

Honestly, these theories are getting old. Valve is purposely making him a mysterious figure, so lets stop trying to act like we've figured him out... I mean, i'm still waiting for someone to compare him to Jesus lol!

Back