my ultimate gamin system (ALIENWARE)

jhahn, dont take this persoanly, but your signature is a piece of crap, has no sense, do me a favor chagne it?

wait, i reliased something, are you 12? if so, then you may keep it.

hyenolie said:
jhahn, dont take this persoanly, but your signature is a piece of crap, has no sense, do me a favor chagne it?

wait, i reliased something, are you 12? if so, then you may keep it.

lmao, and what does your sig mean :D

"I can type with my eyes closed." ;)

Diablo. I don't want to be a prick or anything but you did get ripped off. HOWEVER, I suppose for what you want to do it'll be just fine in the coming years.

I don't know if you have your Alienware, but I'd refund it :) Hey, trust me, you build a PC with that exact same amount of money and you'll be in utopia. You dont, and, well...you'll be living in a false sense of security ;)

That said, if you are happy with it and you don't care about saving money, then have fun with it! :)

[As for me, $15 is a lot of money and can make one huge difference. I've researched enough to know that the "best" per se is the same as the last generation. Better to spend less and get better performance.]

FYI, HL2 can run on a 700Mhz Penitum 3. Overspending on a processor is not a good idea. BUT AGAIN, if you like it, enjoy it! :)

LOL i love his signature. It's a south park reference. Now if you'll excuse me i have to go back to my flippity floopity floop.

MaxiKana said:
Jesus ****ing hell stop the tomshardware bashing already! they do NOT suck that much!
Tomshardware is good and gives good reviews with a lot of information.
But with CPU/GPU reviews they give you all that info with a bit of a slant...bias.
There are other sites out there that give good quality info like Tom's without the slant. ;)

Dr. Freeman said:
Asus is going to build my pc once i have the moolah for it :p

/me whispers to Asus hey where u live? hopefully Canada.. :LOL:
Haha.
/me whispers to Freeman "I live in the midwest, USA"

hyenolie said:
freeman, asus isnt goona build you shit, he was the first person i asked help from over aim, i said hey asus can i have ur aim, here is mine, i want to ask some questions and what not, hes like no you cant have it, just post shit here, i did and got in trouble
I try to help out on the board. The reason I don't give out my AIM is because I have had bad experienses doing just that. /me shakes head
I'd rather meet on a forum or IRC room rather than give out my personal contacts. Just being smart.
And thx Freeman.

Just because he got an Alienware doesn't mean he got a crappy PC.
He just put a lot of money into it and quite possibly overpaid.
If he doesn't know how or want to build a PC then that is better than going with Dell. lol
Just you could have done better if you built your own. Could have chose to get the same parts with a much lower cost or same cost with much better parts (Or inbetween).

Asus said:
Haha.
/me whispers to Freeman "I live in the midwest, USA"

dang.
u mean i have to pay for extra shipping so u can build it? :p :LOL:

i wish i had the kinda cash this guy has for an Alienware pc.. oh well :)

Dr. Freeman said:
i wish i had the kinda cash this guy has for an Alienware pc.. oh well :)

dude, just give me 15$ ill dance for you with my boxers and wife beater only.

p.s. i must confess, i did not generate my sig, it was borrowed from someone who already had it up. he is a mod here.

the funny part is i type so fast, extremely fast, i usualy miss spell words, so when i saw it i really saw myself typing. so i took it, but no, i realy can type with my eyes closed, i know exactly how far my keys are from eacher, lets say i press h e l l o, and lets say my figer goes a little to far, without feeling the keys, i know what key my finger is over. so what im trying to say is, i can type with my eyes closed, with 90 percent efficiency too. fine maybe 80.

p.s.s. rabies is my hemanwhore.

if you are going pentium and are willing to do a little overclocking, supposedly(i have heard from several sources, which i didnt bookmark or anything, so meh) the p4 2.4 is extremely overclockable, going up into the 3 ghz range easily(up to 3.4 i beleive if you get a 2.4C). and last i knew they were only like $169 or something.

id research that first, but it may be worth looking into.

defintely dont get the 9800 XT now, if you wouldnt be willing to be the first person to buy a krispy kreme donut every day for $7.50 a donut, dont buy the XT yet. when the next card comes out, in a few months or whatever, the XT will be running around $300 or less and you will be wondering why the heck you spent almost $500 on it. a dvd reading burner(not dvd burner) might be a good investment, for maybe $10 more if any difference....soon games and such may start coming out on dvds. worth thinking about.

What about TSUNAMI?
Don't you hv TSUNAMI in America ?
Last time Iheard they did pretty darn prices in PT

i thought we agreed that all prebuilt pc's are 100% ripoffs?

why would anyone in the right mind build a pc and not sell it for more? he needs to make moeny in it right. i bet the most natorious is sony, ive heard shit, unofficial, i dont beleive it but if i see sony overcharing 1000 dollars for a tv they have or anything, i will not be suprised. ohh ya at crative.com
the SB LIVE! is 60 dollars, its ****ign 30 man, 30, thats 200 percent. theres goes runner up.

onto a new topic:

a lot of people say that the 9800pro and the 9800xt have little performance diff but huge price diff. is this fact or opinion, has anyone done a review regarding their performance skills? anyone compared extensively side by side. not just ohh look heres 1024x768 and blablabla 70fps blablabla. im mean someone done a descent review? link me

hyenolie said:
onto a new topic:

a lot of people say that the 9800pro and the 9800xt have little performance diff but huge price diff. is this fact or opinion, has anyone done a review regarding their performance skills? anyone compared extensively side by side. not just ohh look heres 1024x768 and blablabla 70fps blablabla. im mean someone done a descent review? link me

there are dozens of reviews comparing the two......google is your freind.

the differances are relativley small.

if your going the "bang for your buck" route.....the 9800pro is a much better deal.

I dont have time to read 7 pages of Alienware bashing , but Id have to ask what kindof screen hes getting. Because that computer shouldnt be $4k. I got a $2.7k Alienware and Im VERY happy with it , well worth the money. 3.2ghz , FX5900U256 and 1 gig RAM. Ive had 0 problems and it came ready to run , no assembly bullshit or installing OS and basic programs. It also has tech support. Also keep in mind people who say buy your own dont mention shipping fees on all of their items , how much assembly time is worth , and how much problem solving time is worth. Being in England though I feel it might be better to buy it from an English source as its a heavy item to ship over seas (up to 30-40 pounds!)

DimitriPopov said:
I dont have time to read 7 pages of Alienware bashing , but Id have to ask what kindof screen hes getting. Because that computer shouldnt be $4k. I got a $2.7k Alienware and Im VERY happy with it , well worth the money. 3.2ghz , FX5900U256 and 1 gig RAM. Ive had 0 problems and it came ready to run , no assembly bullshit or installing OS and basic programs. It also has tech support. Also keep in mind people who say buy your own dont mention shipping fees on all of their items , how much assembly time is worth , and how much problem solving time is worth. Being in England though I feel it might be better to buy it from an English source as its a heavy item to ship over seas (up to 30-40 pounds!)
The prices I list always include shipping to where I live unless stated otherwise. I can put it all together in well under an hour (30 minutes is more like it). Installing Win2K or XP is very easy. They don't have the "basic software" that I use installed, anyway. So, I have to go through that process whether or not I build my own computer. Also, I have had no problems that couldn't be solved by a quick google search. To me, that little bit of effort is easily worth the $1500+ difference that I could use to build a second computer that is also pretty good... or I could spend on games, expensive software, an MP3 player, bills, etc.

If I charged that much to build computers for people I could drop out of college and just build computers for a living. I could have a normal work schedule for a month or two and get all the money I need for the rest of the year. Hey... that's not a bad idea... I'll have to look into that.

NOTE: I've gotten parts from as far as Australia. Sure, it was a bit extra but it's barely going to make a dent in the price difference... even if you get all your parts from overseas. Still, that being said, get the parts from sellers as close as possible (unless they charge too much) if you really want to save as much money as possible. Some places even allow you to drive over and pick it up to avoid shipping charges (tax free + no shipping = good).

Back