NARUTO - amazingly addictive anime series!!

Sui

Tank
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago my freind got some episodes of a hit anime in japan called NARUTO. he got 50 from a LAN, and gave me the first twenty or so. there are about 95 episodes i think, and new episodes are being aired in japan regularly, then subtitled and stuck on the internet.

Anyway, i'll tell you the story...

Naruto is set in a fantasy japan, which is a mix iof modern japan and ainchent traditions. You never see any advanced technology (like cars or computers), but everything else seems modern enough. Its not actually japan but a imaginary world, with different continents assigned to elements (like an earth continent, etc.

This world is full of ninjas, and everyone looks up to the high level ones.Ninjas have "techniques" which they use, which can be illusionary or phisical. These range in difficuly- low level techniques are such as Replication (create a illusionary duplicate of yourself) and transform (appear to look like someone completely different). Higher level techniques are totally unique, such as spitting fire or concealing weapons.

The story is cenred on the hidden leaf village, which is one of many ninja villages across the country. Naruto is a young teenager, training at the ninja academy. He never had any parents, so he was always alone as a child, plus all the adults turn dislike him. This has led him to grow up being noidy and childish, but beyond his immature behavior, all he really wants is to be noticed.

But soon he graduates to become a ninja genin, and is teamed up with the best ninja rookie in the school, sasuke, who is cold and individual (but all the girls fancy him), and sakura, a bright and pretty girl who Naruto kinda fancies (but she is intent on sasuke instead!) Together the three must complete missions (along with their private teacher who i cant remember the name of, but is also cool ;) ) and try and advance in the ranks of the ninja and develop their skills. Its all about teamwork, but theres lots of conflict as Naruto is constantly trying to do better than sasuke, Sakua is allways trying to impress him- but Sasuke wants nothing to do with either of them.

I wont really say much, you should relaly just download the first episode and watch it for yourself- but things really start to get interesting after a while and im completely hooked. It may sound pretty crap, but trust me, watch an episode and if you like this kinda thing you'll definately love naruto. the animation is sublime, the action is so cool, and it follows a specific, ever evolving story that reels you in.

GO WATCH IT!!!!

if you even slightly like the first episode, i highly reccoment you download bitorrent and leave your PC on overnight downloading the first 10. they get much better, trust me.

links:

http://narutochaos.com/
^^you can directly download the episodes here, but only 2 a day
www.narutofan.com
^^lots of naruto info
http://www.gotwoot.net/series.php?p=info&sec=1
^^episodes availiable to download via bitorrent in packs of 10, ridiculously large file sizes (im downloading 1,700mb of episodes right now) but you should really consider leaving your PC on downloading for a while to get them. ive allready downloaded 20 episodes on top of what i allready have, thats 2-3 gb!

Thats funny, I just started downloading the first 6 eps last week. I watched 1-3 now. I took some years off anime, I used to love watching Scryed, DBZ, Kenshin, FLCL and some others some years ago and now I wanted to try Naruto (a friend of mine recommended the series).

I like the first episodes, tho I find some characters pretty annoying. And I was wondering if I wanst too old for this. I'm 18 and some of the jokes where a little simple..
It's much fun anyways and I will continue downloading the eps.

By the way I use DC++ to get the anime, in a hub called < total ANIME enigma > (tau-enigma.no-ip.com). Another good one: Total ANIME Market (tan-market.mine.nu).

Have fun :D

Eugh, I hate anime that gets widely shown everywhere.

Dunno why, just ruins it for me.
Yes, I have watched some episodes, and I didn't really enjoy it.
Especially the hefty episode count.

I'll take my 13-26 episode anime please :D

I wanna watch it, but for now, Full Metal Alchemist gets my full attention. Maybe when thats over I'll start looking into Naruto

Should of been watching' Naruto from the Beginning, you got a alot of catching up. I watch FMA too, theres plenty of room for more anime to watch.
Animes im watching at the moment are:
Naruto
FMA
Samurai Champloo (same creator of Cowboy Bebop I believe)
Samurai 7
I used to watch Wolf's Rain when it first came out.

not really. it has lots of fighting and some blood, but its not got any graphic violence or anything.

its not for young kids like all the animes you see on TV / that have been converted to US, but at the same time its not dedicated, pure styalised anime. Its cool. wath it ;)

*edit* the characters get less annoying btw, especially naruto. At the bigginning of the series you sometimes think "WHAT ARE YOU DOING??" when he does something annoying, but he matures quickly and hes really likable.

I've downlaoded every episode and it kicks ass!! Lucky me, my friend has imported both Naruto games from Japan.....for the Gamecube........................(gaycube)...........................

THE NARUTO GAME KICKS SOOOO MUCH ASS!!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait for it to be translated into english....

Well... Only watching FMA doesnt get me much... The only reason I said FMA gets my full attention is because of limited HD space. Need to buy a 160gig soon...

i might have to check this out, i just fnished eva and FLCL again, and now i have soooo much free time, this seems like it could hold me over for a while!!! thanx!!

EDIT: does anyone have a good anime download link!??!?! thanx

galoot3000 said:
i might have to check this out, i just fnished eva and FLCL again, and now i have soooo much free time, this seems like it could hold me over for a while!!! thanx!!

EDIT: does anyone have a good anime download link!??!?! thanx
FLCL was too short for how good it was. :(
Ah well... Good things come in small packages.

Originally Posted By SnowBall:
FLCL was too short for how good it was.
Ah well... Good things come in small packages.

yeah, i saw the first episode and my friend said "you wanna watch the rest of the series now??" and im like how many are there!??!?!?! 13!? 26!?!?" and he said "6, 6 total" and i cried :(

galoot3000 said:
yeah, i saw the first episode and my friend said "you wanna watch the rest of the series now??" and im like how many are there!??!?!?! 13!? 26!?!?" and he said "6, 6 total" and i cried :(
Undoubtibly the funniest 6 episodes of anime I watched. Not to mention the animation was amazing. Anyways, I have in and started downloading the first 10 episodes. I figure that everytime I hear the name Naruto everyone gives it amazing praise. At least its long and can keep me buisy for a while. Doubt it'll out-do FMA imo. FMA is by far the greatest series I've ever seen.

Originally Posted By SnowBall:
Undoubtibly the funniest 6 episodes of anime I watched. Not to mention the animation was amazing. Anyways, I have in and started downloading the first 10 episodes. I figure that everytime I hear the name Naruto everyone gives it amazing praise. At least its long and can keep me buisy for a while. Doubt it'll out-do FMA imo. FMA is by far the greatest series I've ever seen.

where are you getting these? could you link me? PLEASE? im sick of shelling out $30 for 5 episodes of a series! thank you

Usually not hard to find. One site that has em is censored here. If you want to find anime just search for the anime name followed by torrent on google and you should find downloadable episodes. And maybe even try some P2P programs.

I liked Naruto and have watched all the episodes that cam out in Japan. Then I couldn't stand waiting so I download the Manga. But then I went away for 5 weeks and got ouot of the loop and haven't watched any since.

outpost233 said:
I liked Naruto and have watched all the episodes that cam out in Japan. Then I couldn't stand waiting so I download the Manga. But then I went away for 5 weeks and got ouot of the loop and haven't watched any since.
Thats how I am about FMA.... an episode didnt air this week so I'm going nuts. Had to wait two weeks this time... :(

I have 83 episodes of naruto but...
err...
I'm on #6

FFXI, and other anime get in my way.
I"m currently watching : Sensei no Ojikan right now. funny show :D

I have to admit that I have followed Naruto since the beginning. It's not that I love it or anything... I just need my weekly dose of violence.
So which path will you take?
ANBU or AONE?
It's time to choose.

Originally Posted By SnowBall
Usually not hard to find. One site that has em is censored here. If you want to find anime just search for the anime name followed by torrent on google and you should find downloadable episodes. And maybe even try some P2P programs.

well, i have been using torrents but they take so long, thanks for the help though!!

Hmmm, people have there different views on anime and different types of anime. I'm a hardcore anime fan and tbh, Naruto is the best thing I have ever seen in my life. I'm been serious. I have never been so attached to characters before. It has made me cry saddly some times and its also made cry with excitment. Its beyond the best thing I have ever seen and its a major recomendation.

Someone mentioned about it been a little to young for them. Naruto isn't a childrens program, its aimed for over 16 year olds.

just to mention, NARUTO 97 is out!!!!!!!!

well, it was actually out yesturday, go download it.

(downloading anime from the internet is not illegil because most anime is not licenced in countrys like the USA and Europe. Unlike the americans Japan just don;t give a shit :p which I can respect :D)

IchI said:
Hmmm, people have there different views on anime and different types of anime. I'm a hardcore anime fan and tbh, Naruto is the best thing I have ever seen in my life. I'm been serious. I have never been so attached to characters before. It has made me cry saddly some times and its also made cry with excitment. Its beyond the best thing I have ever seen and its a major recomendation.

Someone mentioned about it been a little to young for them. Naruto isn't a childrens program, its aimed for over 16 year olds.
they could have been talking about naruto himself, he's like 12. and if not, they could have got that impression from the fact that you know... he's 12.

Im up to date on all of them so far, they are excellent, they get slow in certain spots but its all good, the animation is fantastic especially in the fighting scenes... anyhow yea, get these, they are spectactular, 9/10

oh man i iv'e seen this when some dude downloaded a load of them while in Australia.

I have to say it's fun, holds a few realisms, and is pretty good, but I got the feeling someone wandered into an animators studio one day and the conversation went thus:

Random animator: Hey check this out
Guy who just walked in: Hmm?
RA: I've just developed this!
GWJWI: what is it?
RA: its an animation, i call it "person-getting-up-slowely-in-pain"
GWJWI: (watches it) hey! Let's make a series out of this!

...and so it began.

Back