NCIS - Naval Criminal Investigative Service

Forgot about this.
Definitely going to be doing some catching up after I'm caught up with Dexter.

As per usual, the buildup surrounding the finale is excellent. I really wish this was one of those shows that stopped relying so heavily on single-formulaic-episodes and really went for season-long arcs like Sons of Anarchy or Dexter. The characters give it so much damn potential.

Wish they could've done more to hold my interest.
I too wish that they'd have gone arc-based since I'm honestly tired with the standalone format.

I'll probably be seeing this season once it reaches Netflix, I'm caught up in far too many other shows now.

I mean, they apparently have the "recurring villain" thing this season, (which came the **** out of nowhere), but it's so much less personal than when it was done with Ari. The bad guy in this case comes from just a random episode, and it's like "Oh, he's back? I don't even remember him".

And, you know, even when other bit characters come back in (like Fornell, Franks, Kort) to suggest it's an episode with significance, it just, eh, it doesn't do anything for me anymore. I want more from this show.

They do have some arcs that they pull off really well. Like, the entire thing with Tony and Jeanne that you didn't even realise meant anything until "Oh shit". I can't remember a whole lot of what happened in Season 5, but I seem to recall they had this really cool mystery going with Jenny Shepherd and her father being rumoured to be alive, and it just kind of dropped.

Back