Neotokyo Supa WIP Model Pimp - First character and a new tank :)

Grey

Reaction score
Ok we've been working hard :)

Here's our first character model for the mod - modeled by Fonk. Right now she stands at 3600 triangles, and has just some basic texturing to show her off :)

Neotokyoboeiatchaah.jpg

Neotokyoboeiatchaaoh.jpg

feyznew2.jpg

feyznew3.jpg

Neolaywirevafanda.jpg

Here's one of the new urban tanks we're working on. Concept art by pushBAK - Modeled by me. The model shown in the renders is 5154 triangles, but I have several LOD models ready including one higher than this one. The render with color is just some materials slapped on, not a proper skin of course.

miltankpimp00.jpg

miltankpimp01.jpg

miltankpimp02.jpg

miltankpimp03.jpg

miltankpimp04.jpg

Comments and criticism desired as always :) :)

very very good, except the feet and hands need help, and the hand hand needs more polies. btw wats that rendered in, looks good. can u PM on how u did it.

hehehe b00bs :naughty:

the robot looks pretty cool, altough the optics look too lopoly to me.

That's a dang fine mech-tank-thing. Sweet job on it.

You might could redistribute some of the polys from the nipple area on the players model. Looking good so far.

Thanks for all the boob comments, no really ;)

@Chimera: I actually asked Fonk to define the nipples more while he was working on the model... You'll see why once she's skinned heh. As for the tank, I had great concept art to work with, thanks :).

I take it that apart from the boobs this model is fairly interresting then? :p
Ya'll seems to be forgetting this is is a mod based on japanese manga/anime here :) But really. there are several 100s of pollies i can reduce once i get to the final optimization. if i need them =),

i dont like the hair. when i first looked at it, i thought she'd put a rubber swimming cap on, with gel inside and it was oozing down her face. but thats just me. i think with Hl2 u can hav alpha maps for hair. so parts r c thru where there isnt texture and just the hair bits show. ( is that alpha map ) i think just pulled back hairt in a ponytail, with a fringe sort of thing at the front. but very good model.

obviasly imspired by anime. What is this mods name and whats your site? I would love to maybe get behind a mod with anime inspired people because tbh I love japanese anime. I like how u have made the eyes big and the tits big on your anime female, just like any conventional anime :p well the eyes could do with a bit of adjusting. But still its good. When u get a skin on that it will look very nice. Back to the armor tank thingy. Thats really nice but ingame wise u will need a good animator to do that job or it will be a major pitfall

i dont htink u understnad, it rolls along, its got wheels, look at the wireframe.

it's got jointed legs as well as its going to be highly mobile, preform jumps climb onto wall god knows what. so a fair amount of animations will be needed

ye, have u ever fort of how it will turn, It would be best to have it turn on the spot rather than stear like a car. Also your legs don't stand still when u turn around on the spot, even if u have wheels. U lean and other stuff. If u want to get the full pepective of how it works watch ghost in the shell: stand alone complex 02 there are things called AI Girls/Woman that move how u will want yours to move. I would sujest watching it.

anyone who's into Anime as much as Grey must have seen Ghost in the Shell by now. it's the only Anime movie i like personally. Grey the tank is awesome. you have definatley got the flavor down perfect. the Charecture model screems Anime. Well done.

Yeah I've watched GITS way too many times, and thumbed thru the manga/comic even more.

Thanks for all the complements on both models guys :) pushBAK deserves lots of credit too for his tank concept. We all know how hard it can be to model with out a map.

hey grey, what about some little boy from spriggan? :borg:

"Yu Ominae! Die! DIE! DIE! *ratatatatatatata*

luv that :cool:

You know I haven't seen Spriggan... I think I played a PS1 jap import of the same name though. Enough people have said good things about it I'm going to have to get it.

i love these spider kind of tanks things u get to play in gits the ps game lovely stuff u have a nice anime feel in ur work nice work im gonna love tihs mod to bits.

nice looking boob models...oh...the joys source will bring...

well grey, have u seen the GITS series. Not the film. it hasn;t finished coming out in japan yet but u can download it from the internet.

Damn I can't wait to play this mod.

I love that tank, man I can't wait to pilot/destroy some of those.

Thanks more guys :)

Ichi, I have caught fan-subs of the first 19 or so of the Stand Alone Complex series. Some of the episodes are great, some are just ok. I'm really excited for the new movie that seems to be starring Batou though :D.

Hmm I think there is something very wrong with the ribcage on that model, namely that it appears to be about half the size of her ass, not that some deformation isn't good to stylize but I think it's a little weak here, also the boobs don't seem to connect really well into her shoulders (look at some pr0n look at yourself, the pectorals(boobs) actually connect into the deltoids(shoulder)http://www.bartleby.com/107/illus410.html) Also the nose an ears strike me as being rather masculine, or at least incongruent with Anime stylings. The nose I think is a bit too pronounced not so much on the end but at the begining you usually see a more concave forhead in anime styles. and generally women don't have as pronounced a nose though again style enters here. Also the cheeks seem a little weak and a not quite right around the eye orbits, but again this can be a style choice.

Anway probably I'm being too picky but overall excellent looking alot of nuances there that most people miss.

Dude firt real critiqe here, awesome things ya pointed out. the shoulder/boob verticles are actually there, but not too well pronounced i guess, thanks for da great tips man

Great job, although her face looks weird, and the back legs of the tank seem to clip into eachother in the 'knee'.

Other than that, superb.

(cat outfit, nyaaaaaaaa~~~~~~ :E)

sec9cop1.jpg

Hi, I'm one of the concept artist for Neotokyo, and this is one of the Cops. C&C welcome.

The above design and tank scream Ghost in the Shell. I love it good job guys.

feyznew7.jpg

little update to show that i've moved ever so slightly into charater depth atm.

I love the tank - even if its Shirow-inspired - which is not a bad thing ;)

Now - get some Guges in there and we'll be really cooking :)

For shame! You have a mecha inspired by Shirow's Fuchikoma/Tachikoma but know not of the Appleseed Guges? :cheese:

Standard Landmate:

labor.gif

Police/Military Landmate - Guges:

guges2.jpg

Grey hides his head in shame

I know landmate of course but not Guges. It's been a long time since I've looked at Appleseed :eek: .

pushBAK has talked about putting some powered armor into the mix, I wouldn't be suprised if there'll be something along those lines :D.

Back