Neverwinter Nights

Lucid

The Freeman
Reaction score
...I'm looking to buy it tommorow, anybody else play it?

If so... what are some must downloads that ya'll recommend?

get the expansion packs, they are basically required for online play, I know from experience :(

I've always really wanted to play it, especially since I'm pretty big into the whole roleplaying gig.

How much is the anthology for it, nowadays? And do people actually roleplay?

I've had the game for maybe 3 years now, and I've yet to open the box. Don't know why... didnt seem too appealing from the box. Might give it a go later if I feel like it.

The singleplayer is just horrible, but there are many intresting custom multiplayer modules.
And yes, expansion packs are required, but NWN is mostly sold as a 3-in-1 package with all the expansions.

I couldn't get into the gameplay of NWN at all, it seemed slow, boring and totally unengaging - felt the same way about the Baldur's Gate games. But then I totally loved KOTOR, and it seemed to use a similar system, just dumbed down I guess (not to mention a far superior single player game). So I'm supposing you'd need a decent understanding of D&D rules/mechanics to appreciate them...

I've heard there was an online community for it that roleplayed pretty heavily, but I'm not sure if they'd still be around. The way they allowed GM control in servers apparently made for some pretty cool RP stuff. Heard of one incident where some kind of epic battle took place, after which the GMs took the servers down for awhile, and when they came back up the whole town it took place in was in ruins :O

Single player was decent though I doubt you'll finish it.

It's a classic RPG, buy it just for the sake of having it though there are a lot of modules (Mods), good online play and so on.

NWN2 comes out in a few months I believe . .

I'm getting the Diamond edition, comes with everything.

It's only $20 at EBGames. :D

Hell, I really only want to get NWN just because there's a Firefly mod for it. :X

It is, but I heard the expansions are pretty good, SP wise.

I'm getting the Diamond edition, comes with everything.

It's only $20 at EBGames. :D

Hell, I really only want to get NWN just because there's a Firefly mod for it. :X

O RLY?!

I may have to get this game, I have 20 spare bucks somewhere..

I've had the game for maybe 3 years now, and I've yet to open the box. Don't know why... didnt seem too appealing from the box. Might give it a go later if I feel like it.

Why would you buy a game and not open it? That makes no sense to me...

Okie dokie, installed.

Damn, it took an hour to install. :|

If I join servers with mods, will the game automatically download them for me?

Okie dokie, installed.

Damn, it took an hour to install. :|

If I join servers with mods, will the game automatically download them for me?

You may have to get some items, but usually that will be displayed in the server description

Back