New Counter-Strike: Source Update

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Yet another content update has been released for that oh-so popular game, Counter-Strike: Source. As promised, Valve has added High-Dynamic Range Lighting to their current map de_dust and updated both sides of the front with the GSG9 (CT) and Arctic (T) player models. The entire changelog for today's update, as well as screenshots, are below.
  • Counter-Strike: Source
  • Added HDR lighting to de_dust
  • Resized some crates in de_dust to fix players being able to peek over them
  • Added GSG9 and Arctic player models
  • Improved lag compensation
  • Unified client and server player anims
  • Bot navigation files on disk are preferred over nav files embedded in bsps
  • Bots can use drop-down ladders[br]Earth 2610
  • Fixed save games not saving to disk correctly
[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif

Love this update,

Good Job Valve, keep them coming :D

Still not really getting this HDR business - To me it just looks like they've upped the contrast! What's it all about? huge performance drain for nothing that benefits gameplay!

HDR in this map looks like shit. Dont think its valve fault, its just the map is basically like 3 shades of brown and HDR in it just doesnt match. Its way to bright, washed out and just bright.

Player models looks cool! I hope they will make some Joint Task Force 2 model :)

Lol! Nice model..but looks stupid when the guy is wearing layers of coats on de_dust

Sweet, I always use Arctic Avenger when on T in the original CS
Do you think they'll add the midwest militia and spetsnaz?

Does anyone else have the GSG9 show up as a GIGN and Arctics shown as a Guerilla?

Set cl_minmodels to 0
It seems this command got set to 1 during the update, forcing everyone to use only the Guerilla and GIGN even when they selected other classes.

How do they manage to screw up each and every single patch? All the models are the same now (eg all T's are Guerilla, all CT's GIGN) - because for some reason cl_minmodels has been set to 1. The annoying thing is that it doesnt stick when you change it back.

Also, I seem to have problems with some sounds not playing while spectating, but not sure if it's the patch or something else (but started today when I got the patch).

cdoms said:
How do they manage to screw up each and every single patch? All the models are the same now (eg all T's are Guerilla, all CT's GIGN) - because for some reason cl_minmodels has been set to 1. The annoying thing is that it doesnt stick when you change it back.

Dude, its a single cvar they accidently changed, get over it. If you had your config set to read-only before the update you wouldn't have any issues with this.

nice to have the dude in the artic camo back...

-dodo

Zeus said:
Lol! Nice model..but looks stupid when the guy is wearing layers of coats on de_dust

More importantly, why are the SAS, a British special forces group, teaming up with completely random counter-terrorist forces from all over the world to tackle a terrorist threat in a country foriegn to the whole CT team?

Suicide42 said:
More importantly, why are the SAS, a British special forces group, teaming up with completely random counter-terrorist forces from all over the world to tackle a terrorist threat in a country foriegn to the whole CT team?

to bring to army's of the CT world into one, and form super CT force! that no T's would dare fight

but A your Q no i have no idea :p

Another GREAT update. Love the new models and HDR ftw!!!

Great job Valve!

YES! NOW WE CAN HAVE LAG AND LOW FPS ON de_dust NOW!!!(AND YES HDR IS OFF!!!)

I really don't like the idea of putting HDR on maps, de_nuke and meltia(sp) are hard on my PC with HDR off...

we have no way to switch the model. The Valve need another update. I am really disappointed!!!! There is no new model!!!

p.s. HDR is good

bbson_john said:
we have no way to switch the model. The Valve need another update. I am really disappointed!!!! There is no new model!!!

p.s. HDR is good

cl_minmodel 0

Priyajeet said:
hahaha old posted before smash...too slow...haha
Oh no... I wonder if this site has the 19,999 auto-ban in place too. :)

BTW Smash:
Nice screens. They're good, but they could be great. ;)

uh oh no more hiding behind boxes! >.> <.< T's are doomed! doooooomed! oh and everthing else is nice n stuff.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Dude, its a single cvar they accidently changed, get over it. If you had your config set to read-only before the update you wouldn't have any issues with this.

Yes, we know, you're an asslicking little fanboy, and we all think that's grand. But come on, this is a problem that suggests they dont even bother play testing updates anymore - it jumps out at you as soon as you start playing! The vast majority of players are not experts, and done think to set their configs to read only, nor should they be expected to use cvars (or use the console at all) just to get the game working properly.

This patch gets the bigs thumbs down here.

Someone answer me, can I fix the model? If I can, whether the fix is temporal or permanent?

love to see how you guys add
Steampowered: moderators/staff

DiSTuRbEd said:
Oh god you've invaded this board too. :x

hey :)
So, which nOOb are you ?
:p

Zips said:
Oh no... I wonder if this site has the 19,999 auto-ban in place too. :)

BTW Smash:
Nice screens. They're good, but they could be great. ;)

aah, I see smash aint alone.
Soon it will be a day when everyone knows each other...electronically or otherway. Well thats the INTERWEB.
Dont worry...no 20k posts here, I cant handle more than 1 forum though I might be signed up over the entire internet :)
yes CSnation too....incase you didnt know ;)

bbson_john said:
Someone answer me, can I fix the model? If I can, whether the fix is temporal or permanent?

Type cl_minmodel 0 into into the console (~)

How come I didn't get that problem? My cfg file isn't even on read-only mode. How can Valve screw up when that occured on some users only?

who are all the 1 post wasters posting in this thread? insta-ban plzkthxbye

Back