C

Chrisimo

Hi,

have these been posted yet?

0604100_20060410_-720418321.jpg

0604102_20060410_-144554429.jpg

0604103_20060410_960831869.jpg

0604104_20060410_65546342.jpg

Iv seen the 2nd one thats about it. But let me say it again. ****ing amazing! Cant wait holy shit. This game is going to be HUGE!

Those look pretty darn good. Not holding my breath though, I doubt the gameplay and storyline will measure up to it's fantastic visuals.

Samon said:
Those look pretty darn good. Holding my breath though, I doubt the gameplay and storyline will measure up to it's fantastic visuals though.
same :(
i've been lurking on that fansite for a while now lol

Looks like a living graphical orgasm. But if it's like Far Cry I'll be dissapointed with the gameplay and story.

Woohoo, awsome. If you've read about the gameplay it sounds nothing like farcry, I can't wait.

clarky003 said:
Woohoo, awsome. If you've read about the gameplay it sounds nothing like farcry, I can't wait.
i still have a magazine at home previewing Far Cry and damn the gameplay description would make you cream even today - proof that there is no way to predict the future until you have the finished product

Who cares about the gameplay? I for one, will spend hours just taking in the scenery. :p

diluted said:
Who cares about the gameplay? I for one, will spend hours just taking in the scenery. :p

You can take in screenshots and videos. :p

john3571000 said:
i still have a magazine at home previewing Far Cry and damn the gameplay description would make you cream even today - proof that there is no way to predict the future until you have the finished product

Well with a modable suit, jungles, huts, and buildings you can rip apart, giant mechanical creatures, freeze guns, ice physics... I think its just a bit different this time round, im crossing my fingers... I honestly doubt the gameplay will suck considering all that effort that has gone into making the game look so immersive, I think we should have reason to believe that it sounds better than far cry atleast.

shots 1 and 3 look concept art-ish. Shot 4 looks ingame and looks awesome.

edit: what clarky said.

This game will not run smooth when we actually run the game. I mean cmon lokk at those screens and that video they showed could NOT have been dx9 running on hardware that is availible now. we will see.

It really depends how good the LOD distance system is in the engine and the adaptability of graphic options for different systems.

P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
This game will not run smooth when we actually run the game. I mean cmon lokk at those screens and that video they showed could NOT have been dx9 running on hardware that is availible now. we will see.

I'm sure it is. I mean UT2k7 (and also GoW), ProjectOffset, and many others just looks so jaw-dropping that you wouldn't believe it.

That is what your GPU is definetely capable of, you don't give it enough credit.

With DX10 it should be a lot better too :)

No Crysis on next-gen consoles

There will be no Crysis for the next-gen consoles only for PC, that's what Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek, said in the interview with ComputerAndVideoGames.com.

It looks really friggin impressive, I absolutely have to start putting money aside for a new camputor.

mysteryman, lol, let's see how long that lasts, EA is funding the development partially of Crysis you know..
And do you really think EA will let Crysis remain PC only if it sells good?
No ****ing way man!xD
If CryTek refuses, then they'll probably just take some internal EA studio to do it instead.:)

Gargantou said:
mysteryman, lol, let's see how long that lasts, EA is funding the development partially of Crysis you know..
And do you really think EA will let Crysis remain PC only if it sells good?
No ****ing way man!xD
If CryTek refuses, then they'll probably just take some internal EA studio to do it instead.:)
Well I didn't say that, I've just quoted Yerli for that one.
:rolleyes:

I am aware of that, no need to roll your bloody eyes, however, nothing in the gaming industry is EVER written in rock mate, particulary not when EAs involved, you should keep that in mind..
Do you think that Crytek wanted for there to come a bunch of Far Cry games to the consoles? I doubt it, but they had no choice due to Ubisoft owning the rights to the Far Cry franchise/name because of them funding development(iirc).
The same is very likely to happen with Crysis imo, it'll sell well on the PC, EA CEOs will sit there in their fancy offices "OMGZ LOOKZ HOW MUCHOS DOLLAZ TEH CRYSIS GAJM IS MAKING!! LETS DO CONSOEL PORTS TO MILK AS MUCH MONEY OUT IT AS POSSIBL!!!".
No matter, CryTek has said their engine is also designed to be compatible with the 360/PS3 without major problems.. So if EA decides to port it, it probably wouldn't be that hard..
Anyway, the CryEngine 2 looks like a wonderful engine, and hopefully a few devs will license it.:)

Back