New Crysis Videos and screenshots!

What about your crysis thread?
Edit: I see youve posted it there too...

im gonna need a serious upgrade for this one :p

HOLY SHIT!

http://www4.incrysis.com/screenshots/070109-1.jpg

THIS game just looks better and better with every passing day.

Gameplay wise I would agree, but visually, i'd say that with each new screenshot released, the visuals start looking worse and worse.

I'm not saying that they look bad now, just that they look a little less "pwnage" each time I see new screenies. It's like watching them backtrack from "target gameplay footage".

to get to the level of graphics in that pic/vids you need at least two 8800gtx with at least two core cpu. and 2GB, IF NOT 4gb of memory.

to get to the level of graphics in that pic/vids you need at least two 8800gtx with at least two core cpu. and 2GB, IF NOT 4gb of memory.

How do you know?

That sucks, so a e6300/2gb/R600 will do what? Run it on low. :|

How do you know?

That sucks, so a e6300/2gb/R600 will do what? Run it on low. :|

no, it will run fine at 1080p res. but you won't have the AA setting enabled to the max such as in this pic:

070109-3.jpg

if you go crossfire with R600 OR SLI with 8800GTX you can set the AA to 16x at 1080p and still get 40-60 fps (playable).

how do I know: watch the gamespot demo which runs on one 8800GTX, The game lags at specific areas such as open water shore..and the AA is set to 0.
to be honest i have no idea what the res of the demo is....

Isn't 1080p a really high resolution than most 17" PC monitors anywhere? AA doesn't bother me, well, 2x is enough.

As long as everything else looks the same just squarer edges, don't mind. :)

Err, I wonder how you know this Gorgon, I think you're partially pulling things out of your ass.

1. Don't judge the game by the demo, you don't know the res as stated, you don't know all the specific settings, and the engine isn't even 100% optimized yet.

I suggest you stop talking as if you know how the game will run 100%, and be quiet.:)

Sorry for the aggressive attitude ;)

You DO NOT NEED 2 8800 GTX's to run on maxed setings with a 60fps. He Chevat yerli says in the G80 launch party vid that you need a g80 card to run at the highest graphics setings possible.

I'd be surprised if you needed a 8800 to run the game on highest settings in DX9 mode tbh.. That would be sorta ironic since if you buy a 8800, it's pretty likely that you're doing it because you want DX10.

The gamespot people playing the demo at CES 07 make it pretty clear that you won't need to spend ridiculous amounts on a new system to play it on high settings.

We were told the game was running on a single-core high-end CPU with the latest Nvidia graphics card, and the frame rate was smooth for the most part. Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli told us that the game still has plenty of optimization work to go through.

from this gamespot article

edit: http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/694/694190/vid_1781216.html

I remember reading that a high end DX9 GPU can run it high but if you want the DX10 features you need a DX10 card - still, it does mean you don't need a DX10 card to run it maxxed out.

looks great fun, going to be picking this one up when it comes out :)

Official Required Specs

4 Gigs of Ram (6 recommended)
Dual 5000 Mhz processors
4 Geforce DX 12 compatible video cards (overclocking recommended)
4000 Mhz front side bus Motherboard
10.1 Surround sound video card
150 Meg Download internetz, 250 upload internetz

bacons.

Isn't 1080p a really high resolution than most 17" PC monitors anywhere? AA doesn't bother me, well, 2x is enough.
HD resolutions like 1080p refer to the height of the screen or the last number of the resolution. So if you can play your games at 1600x1200 you are playing at a higher resolution than 1080P resolution. 1280x1024 would be close to the resolution. Then again 1080p generally is widescreen.

I'd be surprised if you needed a 8800 to run the game on highest settings in DX9 mode tbh.. That would be sorta ironic since if you buy a 8800, it's pretty likely that you're doing it because you want DX10.

The demo level sees your US Special Forces character in a battle to seize a village from North Korean forces, and it starts off in the jungle. It's not an exaggeration to say that Crysis is causing many attendees to stop and gawk at the game's incredible graphics, which were being displayed for the first time taking advantage of DirectX 10. The visuals are incredible, and Crysis is certainly going to sell a lot of hardware as gamers upgrade their systems to play the game at maximum detail level. Surprisingly, the systems at the show weren't too unreasonable. We were told the game was running on a single-core high-end CPU with the latest Nvidia graphics card, and the frame rate was smooth for the most part. Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli told us that the game still has plenty of optimization work to go through.

HD resolutions like 1080p refer to the height of the screen or the last number of the resolution. So if you can play your games at 1600x1200 you are playing at a higher resolution than 1080P resolution. 1280x1024 would be close to the resolution. Then again 1080p generally is widescreen.

Wrong. 1080P means,

1920 ? 1080 Its a much higher Resolution then 1600 ? 1200.

My hype meter is through the roof right now.

Iv also came to the decision that i wont upgrade till this game comes out. I absolutely want the BEST hardware for this game.

Im feel the same way! Last time I waited to upgrade just for HL2. This time it will be for Crysis without a doubt!

I remember reading that a high end DX9 GPU can run it high but if you want the DX10 features you need a DX10 card - still, it does mean you don't need a DX10 card to run it maxxed out.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Sorry but I couldn't help it, it's just so obvious that if you want DX10 features, you need a card that supports DX10!:LOL:

Asuka, then you'd better be ready to sell your inner organs on the blackmarket XD

My jaw dropped when I heard you could melee a side of a moving vehicle and tip it over. :|

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Sorry but I couldn't help it, it's just so obvious that if you want DX10 features, you need a card that supports DX10!:LOL:

Asuka, then you'd better be ready to sell your inner organs on the blackmarket XD

Sorry, lol, didn't mean it like that.

I was saying you can run it on high in DX9 you don't need a beast of a DX10 card - that's just for the bonus features DX10 can give.

Wrong. 1080P means,

1920 ? 1080 Its a much higher Resolution then 1600 ? 1200.
I agree my example of 1600x1200 was not an accurate comparison for total resolution vs HD widescreen. At least considering only vertical resolution the example was correct. lol

The highest resolution I've seen on 17" monitors is 1600x1200, maybe a notch higher on the highend CRTs. You'd have to have a widescreen LCD monitor for resolutions such as 1900x1200.
My first post ignored the 17" part. lol

Seen the IGN movie. Again , doubts are reinforced. Speed mode is basiclly just uber-sprinting. The blue-colored bar that depletes when using the powers , rechrages quickly so the restrictions on the player are very little and therefore the balance is an issue.

"With armour selected you walk slower, your health regenerates when you're still and you're harder to kill. " - lame. Espically the health regeneration , though the other tricks mentioned in the Eurogamer article sound nice.

the Strenght mode is equivalent of the gravity gun which is nice , plus holding people in the air is cool , but i really don't like the knocking down of stuff with your fists.

It will come down to the core gameplay and combat. There are neat stuff and questionable elements which the way it all blends together is gonna be crucial.

Someone should leak the playable version from CES :X

Seeing all this Crysis media is like seeing the first HL2 E3 stuff back in the day. Same excitement.

I agree my example of 1600x1200 was not an accurate comparison for total resolution vs HD widescreen. At least considering only vertical resolution the example was correct. lol

The highest resolution I've seen on 17" monitors is 1600x1200, maybe a notch higher on the highend CRTs. You'd have to have a widescreen LCD monitor for resolutions such as 1900x1200.
My first post ignored the 17" part. lol

rgr :)

Graphics are incredible and will be the next benchmark.

But if I have to play as yet another wisecracking (yet strangely intriguing and ruggedly handsome) thumbhead named Chuck or Jack or Zack or Johnny and be forced to watch horrifically bad cutscenes involving said puppet trying to bed the only female on the island who also just so happens to own the largest pair of gravity resistant jugs in existance i'll give this a miss on principle.

Man those graphics...I hope the r600's are the real deal (in terms of size/ graphics power, the price is gonna be off the hook for sure).

Links are down at Incrysis. I didnt even get to see the videos. D: *goes and cries

Edit: *Goes to IGN. *drops jaw* I'm more glad i got my 8800gts every time a see a new Crysis video.

If there's links in huge capitals and PINK it must be good! It looks pretty awesome, for sure. Hopefullly they keep it good and don't screw it up... The body suit looks great, like a skeleton.

Back