New Day of Defeat: Source Movies and Screenshots

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Earlier on, we released a new Day of Defeat: Source video that I took when I was testing out the game earlier on today.[br]Suicide42 has also been play-testing the game on his "uber" gaming machine and out of that we've got two new videos and a myriad of screenshots to keep you going.[br]
Avalanche video | 39 MB | BitTorrent[br]
Anzio HDR video | 36 MB | BitTorrent[br]There's only a few seeders right now, but the download speeds will quickly start to improve as the more of you get it downloaded. Remember to keep the files alive for a bit. I'd also like to thank the 160 people currently seeding the last one we released! Now for the screenshots:[br]

[br]There's far too many screenshots to fit them all into one news post, so you can catch the rest of them in our screenshot gallery here.[br]Stay tuned for the review, it will be out later on tonight or tomorrow - just in time for the game's release in 27 hours!

Midnight here. I'm not too exited, seeing as I've never played the original.

Haha, look at my appauling aim on the Garand video. I blame by crappy FPS while I was recording... but I'm sure many of you will just agree that I suck :(

Oh, and there are almost 40 screenshots for you to drool over- although I actually took about 100. I'd binded "take screenshot" to the F key, and was just snapping everything I saw XD

Awesome guys!

Long live bittorrent! Also, if anyone is currently running an IP blocking program like PeerGuardian (pheonixlabs.org nowadays) You might want to consider disabling it, or temporarily disabling the edu IP list.. as a lot of people from these forums are trying to download from college networks. That should increase the ammount of seeders for everyone.

It will be

1:00 AM
Tuesday, September 27, 2005
( observing DST)

:eek:

All the engine features look awesome but the hands weapons and player models are way sub-par. :(

i wish i could see those vids,i dont wona have to download bittorrent,...

but im thinking there good :p

I'm not liking the hud one bit, looks too big and kinda cheap looking, and not opaque enough IMO. What do you guys think?

edit: spaulding- I agree with you on the player models/weapon models they look like low res textures

agentbob00 said:
I'm not liking the hud one bit, looks too big and kinda cheap looking, and not opaque enough IMO. What do you guys think?
i like it

agentbob00 said:

edit: spaulding- I agree with you on the player models/weapon models they look like low res textures
It's really good. I like it a lot better than the basic CS:Source HUD and it's much better than the tiny little shit of the original DOD.

I really didn't like DOD... I love DOD:Source though :D

Chris_D said:
It's really good. I like it a lot better than the basic CS:Source HUD and it's much better than the tiny little shit of the original DOD.

I really didn't like DOD... I love DOD:Source though :D

.......how dare u say u dont like dod!

HOw dare u!

jking :p

ps:may i ask u what u tought was the best thing about dod:s?

those maps really make use of the source engine well. awesome!

I wanna see some of those skyboxes used

Some look like they go far off into the countryside :-O.

spaulding said:
All the engine features look awesome but the hands weapons and player models are way sub-par. :(

Judging from the spring beta movies? The models and weapons in the latest build look pretty cool judging from the screenshotd and movies.

Sorry guys, im gonna have to stop seeding the videos now, im going to bed, i will look forward to reading the review tommorow!

Thats 240mb of videos ive sent out to everyone, can I have a cookie?

frontpic.jpg

Downloading and seeding both videos at around 60kbps...

Thanks for the videos guys, getting me hyped for the release tomorrow!

Mmm, HDR makes me all giddy inside.

/me huggles computer

Can someone clarify with me when dod:s will actually be released? (I'm on the east coast)

Anyone else getting problems since the last Steam update? I dont want to be the bringer of 'bad vibes' but I predict that the launch of DoD on the morrow will be a total **** up for at least 50% of the community!

I was starting to warm to the idea of Steam recently (always been scpeticle. especially since the HL2 launch **** up) & I was about to pre-order DoD but since the latest update seems to have renedered my Steam games knackered I don't think I'll bother now - I'm having thoughts of the HL2 launch all over again & It's not good ;(

Cool

Chris_D said:
Suicide42 has also been play-testing the game on his "uber" gaming machine and out of that we've got two new videos and a myriad of screenshots to keep you going.

Good work. So what are your 'uber' specs Suicide? No findie in your profile. Did you find a sweet-spot for the video/etc settings? THanks.

Anzio is looking excellent. I found it was waay too dull-looking in DoD, it's good to see its been lightened up.

Btw would this system:
AthlonXP 1700+
1024gig
GeForce 6800 128mb

be able to run DoD:S well with HDR?

dogboy73 said:
Anyone else getting problems since the last Steam update?

Yes and its pissing me off.
At first I would get a connection problem after about 1 minute, but now i can't even connect to any servers.

In css, I haven't tried any other games yet.

Back