New GABE media..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subz said:
uhh i have 100% respect for gabe its just a small joke. i bet he would laff his ass off.

Its just him dancing calm down.

Are you his close friend? Do you know him personally? I'm pretty sure the answer to both those questions is no.

Sure I poke fun at my friends if I know its cool and I know my boundaries, just the same way the rib on me. This isn't the same thing.

I remember not to long ago reading an interview where he said that angry fans went as far as to bash him and call him fat because the game wasn't released on time. So do you think when he has received probably 100+ e-mails from angry people calling him fat and using that to try and tear him down that he is gonna watch your little flash animation and laugh at it?

I don't know him personally either, but I find a joke gets less funny with each telling. Think about that.

equiv, dont you think you're being a little overly sensitive? subz post has nothing to do with weight. anyone can be larger than life. what do you think the backstreet boys were singing about. the other ones i agree with you though, those guys are dicks.

I would find it quite offensive and shocking and the people responsible for making it should be ashamed of themselves.

gh0st said:
equiv, dont you think you're being a little overly sensitive? subz post has nothing to do with weight. anyone can be larger than life. what do you think the backstreet boys were singing about. the other ones i agree with you though.

Did you even look at the second animation he posted?

http://fatgabe.ytmnd.com/

"im captain fat Gabe Newell of the USS Fatmobile"

I wasn't referring to the first one as much as this one.

gh0st said:
equiv, dont you think you're being a little overly sensitive? subz post has nothing to do with weight. anyone can be larger than life. what do you think the backstreet boys were singing about. the other ones i agree with you though, those guys are dicks.

i hate to quote myself. but ok, misunderstanding. someone please put this thread out of its misery.

I dont find it funny cause I know just how much something like that can really hurt a person.

PCF How do you experience the popularity of Half-Life? Does affection, which you receive, make you feel good or scares you sometimes?

Gabe: Most of folks here at VALVe accepts this as a part of the business. Doug Wood lead one of the presentations at this year’s E3. He was really focused on information we would like to present and he made sure that the visitors could hear him, that the booth could be visited by as many people as possible and so on. When somebody asked him for a signature, his reaction was natural, like: “Sure, I used to be one of them, these are the people who help us to pay our bills so, I must be polite, hospitable and ready to help.”
Of course, we’re not surprised, that there is always some negative or even hostile response. Some time ago, a some people on forums of HL2 fansites laughed at me because I’m fat. I even got e-mails like: “Lose weight or you’ll drop dead, bastard.” I tried to answer them the same way as Doug responded to those who asked him for autographs. In most cases I then received an apology like: “Sorry, I didn’t believe that you would even read my message…”

There is the quote from the interview. And if I had no idea who Gabe was I probably wouldn't have cared. But from everyone who has met him, he sounds like a genuinely nice guy. And I don't understand how someone who "respects" Gabe could call him fat. Kind of a strange way to show respect if you ask me.

"Hey mom, I respect you. You stupid bitch!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back