New Half-Life 2 Screenshots

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Greg Coomer of Valve has recently taken some new screenshots of Half-Life 2 for us.[br]
[br]
These screenshots are brand new and whereas they don't show us anything new, they look absolutely amazing.[br]
[br]
Here they are![br]<span align="center"></span>[br]You can see the original forum thread where they were posted here.[br]
[br]
Many thanks to Greg Coomer for these shots.

HOLY COW WOOOOOOT!!!

The magnum looks VVEERRrYYYY detailed.

I'm not so sure, that NPC seems to be new :)

This is their way of apologizing for delaying the CS:S Beta :p

I don't know why but.... To me all those maps look unfinished. Like they were from some pre-version-beta.

Bakurei said:
I don't know why but.... To me all those maps look unfinished. Like they were from some pre-version-beta.

HL2 has a desolate feel to it. I like it.

BRILLIANT!
This is why I'm bothering with HL2 and not Doom3. Damn those pics look fine.
I usually just have a nice cup of coffee in the morning but this morning I have a nice cup of coffee and some friggin nice hl2 screens.

WhiteBoy said:

rofl i have to agree with that. valve are starting to piss me off as nothing they say, in terms of release dates, is almost ever true :p

I want to play Half-Life 2.. right.. NOW!!!!!! (Pitches fit, throws things, beats the dog!)

are they all from the latest e3 video?
the magnum does look good

WhiteBoy said:

These are better. :)

I mean, those are the best screens ever shown for this game. Ever.

And the best part: no noticable flaws for folks to nitpick!

Chris_D said:
Greg Coomer of Valve has recently taken some new screenshots of Half-Life 2 for us.[br]
[br]
These screenshots are brand new and whereas they don't show us anything new, they look absolutely amazing.[br]

Many thanks to Greg Coomer for these shots.

Looks great. Is the person in the third shot Alyx (in different clothes)? Hmm.

Cybernoid said:
Looks great. Is the person in the third shot Alyx (in different clothes)? Hmm.

In the e3 video dureing the strider attack (same level different player) there are female resistance members fighting with you, and this looks like one of them, maybe, difficult to tell, but the antlion pic looks really nice.

Didn't valve say they werent going to release any new screens? :eek:
oh well, im glad they did, these are gorgeous :D

the doors - the end

ffs..nice screens, but im still ***** pissed :frown:
**** valve with there stupid releasedates that they cant handle...

trust in valve level: from 100 % tot 75 %..again

Very colorful and interesting. Thanks Valve.

i think that npc may be alex,since everyones wondering if shell be more like a hl barney or scientist (u know if u have to guard he or not)

wow! This has me considering getting an x800 pro. I have a feeling this game is going to absolutely blow people away, beyond all their expectations.

crushenator 500 said:
Didn't valve say they werent going to release any new screens? :eek:
oh well, im glad they did, these are gorgeous :D

OH MY GOD, VALVE ARE LIARS!!!!111one.

Heh.

Nice shots! Especially like the one with the helo and the water splashing up from the gunshots...except, where's the reflection of the sun in the water? Not to be nitpicky, but that jumped out at me like a sore thumb.

the sun is at a low angle and the hill obscures it from reflecting..... :cheers:

sorry to say i am not that impressed with the textures in those screens :(

nah you'd be able to see the sun reflecting...and the rocks on the hill beyond the buggy...they're not reflected in the water either. Nitpicky, I know....but still.

hah since they post poned CS:S beta for 2 months, they give us 3 crappy screens...

ApocalypseNow said:
hah since they post poned CS:S beta for 2 months, they give us 3 crappy screens...

Two months?

theneb said:
BRILLIANT!
This is why I'm bothering with HL2 and not Doom3. Damn those pics look fine.
I usually just have a nice cup of coffee in the morning but this morning I have a nice cup of coffee and some friggin nice hl2 screens.

Thats funny, because after playing Doom 3 for a good 3 days, these screens look pretty crappy compared. :eek:

HL2 doesnt looks to me that spectacular anymore. O_O When i saw the first movie about HL2, it was the ability of what you could do with objects, that got my attention. But still, i cant even run games that are 5 times ugly then HL2. So i aint complaining :)

Man, I must be getting used to beautiful graphics, because this aint looking that good to me anymore.

Fiblah said:
Thats funny, because after playing Doom 3 for a good 3 days, these screens look pretty crappy compared. :eek:

the terrian in doom3 was great, but the textures for guns/enemies sucked, and the models were pretty bad, they all had pin heads.

in hl2, they worked more on the enemies/guns/npc models more then the terrian. so ur wrong, hl2 looks better

You can barely see textures in DOOM 3 because it's so damn dark.

But once you do, they're pretty good.

As for Half-Life 2, the game has a more realistic look when compared to Doom 3's dark, comic-book style setting.

Back