Is that HL Source of just HL1?

Attachments

• hls.JPG
    hls.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 2,497
I think it is HL1, it doesnt look anything like the 1 pic we have of HL S

It's HL : S

They aren't remaking the models or anything

Valve aren't recreating any content for HL:Source, they're only porting it to a new engine. So of course it looks terrible, it's Half-Life for god's sake. :p

If this is really the case i might just buy bronze and hope a mod team make a real HL:S...

Sprafa said:
It's HL : S

They aren't remaking the models or anything
What about that other picture we saw? It was dramatically improved.

that doesnt look right ot me, the HL:S screenshots i've seen have new models and animations lighting and physics (even egon gun as manipulator), though the world texture were still low res

and thsoe were from a year ago

I can see a slight change in that pic: the scientist's arm seems to cast a shadow on the table (might be something else... dunno). That looks like it though.

KagePrototype said:
It had better water and better lighting, that's it.
Nevermind, you're right, the textures just looked better because of the lighting.

PM the link, plz, Maybe they are from PC Gamer US, they had a review in the HL2 part, but I cant get the mag, as in UK

That cannot be HL source. They're not even using the HD pack skins. Even good old HL has that now.

Umm, that is the picture in the steam games browser. Just double click on "Half-Life: Source" in the "coming soon" list and it comes up with that. Same with DOD:S. So I would say, yes that is HL:S.

Well, even if they do use those old models you can just install the HL: HD(High-Definition) model pack.

that's true. And I'm sure there'll be a fully sourced'up version of HL1 soon after release, if people are not satisfied with VALVe HL:S.

pyroCow said:
Well, even if they do use those old models you can just install the HL: HD(High-Definition) model pack.

The old models are not compatable with source.

Someone is bound to make a model pack that has high quality (HL2 quality) models

BRODIEMAN2k4 said:
Someone is bound to make a model pack that has high quality (HL2 quality) models

Even if someone did, they would need to change the maps around a bit too, or else you'd have nex-gen characters wandering through 200-polygon maps.

I can all but guarantee that there are people out there who will give the game a total makeover though.

This pic really looks like a pic of the original HL...

I thought that even with a striaght port each tecture would be different. I heard that they kept the file name for each texture but added it to source for easy conversion. if so we should at least see some improvement over the original aside from water effects and physics.

That is Half Life 1 - and yes they ARE redoing the models - can easily tell as have just been playing Half Life to get me in mood for HL2

Here we are, a new screenshot for Half-life Source, look at those new models, they sure do look pretty.

Attachments

• wow.jpg
    wow.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 565
AJ Rimmer said:
Here we are, a new screenshot for Half-life Source, look at those new models, they sure do look pretty.

Half Life: Attack of the Stubby People

f1r3b4ll said:
That is Half Life 1 - and yes they ARE redoing the models - can easily tell as have just been playing Half Life to get me in mood for HL2

Define "redoing." They are still the same old models from Half-Life, same ammount of polygons and texture sizes. The only difference is that they're ragdoll enabled in HL: Source. They're not "redone" in my opinon, they are slightly modified a reletivly invisible level. Valve has said time and time again that they're not doing anything with the models beyond adding ragdoll.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

AJ Rimmer said:
hl:botero lol

Calhoun said:
It's an early version of Half-Life 1: Source.
How would you even know??

It is Half-Life: Source judging by the light on the board in the background. The lighting on that looks a lot more realistic - in fact I don't even think there was a light there in the original.

That's as good as Half-Life: Source is going to get for now, but bare in mind that when you finally play it yourself, it may very well be standard Half-Life graphics but it'll still look better in the new engine.

What with shadows being cast, the bodies and world objects being affected by the physics, dynamic lighting, new flashlight effects, lights affecting the weapon and other models, new water effects, other shader effects etc.

It might not be of HL2 quality, but it'll certainly be better than HL1.

You can tell its HL: S, the scientist's arm casts a shadow on the desk.

Maybe HL:S should be renamed Half Life: New Water? Whatever, I'm sure it'll be great.

AJ Rimmer said:

Best graphics I've ever seen in the HL engine. :LOL:

That pic isnt even using the bloody BS models, if ths is HL:S I have wasted my Money getting Silver, I was happy with the Blueshift Models but the old HL ones are too far

Bad Move Valve if this is real!

Back