New Half Life Source Pic

Dowie said:
That pic isnt even using the bloody BS models, if ths is HL:S I have wasted my Money getting Silver, I was happy with the Blueshift Models but the old HL ones are too far

Bad Move Valve if this is real!

Never say that again.. Seriously..

For TEN BUCKS you got Half-Life: Source; Day of Defeat: Source and 75 bucks worth of previous Valve games... You wasted your ten measly bucks HOW again?

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

it can't be. It just can't be. There wouldn't be a thing different other than noticing physics once in a while and the water... I wouldn't play though it again just for that.

Dowie said:
That pic isnt even using the bloody BS models, if ths is HL:S I have wasted my Money getting Silver, I was happy with the Blueshift Models but the old HL ones are too far

Bad Move Valve if this is real!
Wow.. just.. wow, you really need to learn to think before you speak.. because now, you look like an utter idiot.

It must be Half-Life: Source. I just looked at Half-Life, and there is no shadow under the scientist as in that picture.

somebody is bound to remake Half-life with updated everything

Sparta said:

Meh, people wil still complain when it happens. Ohwell ;(

Sparta said:
About four or five different mod teams are working on them at the moment I think.

Some good, some just doing nothing more than the HL1:S version, minor changes etc.

Valve has done all the gruntwork of porting the HL game over to source. Fans are going to have to worry about getting new art content. Unforunately, some of the most difficult work is creating high-quality animations: something way out of the reach of most modders. I don't know how easy it will be to add new models in that have the old animations. Hopefully really easy, since they did get the HD pack in without, presumably, having to redo the animations. But we'll see.

I KNOW that I read that HL:Source will have the HD pack characters tho. The picture doesn't show em tho, does it?

That is exactly the same as HL no doubt about it. The textures are exactly the same. It must be HL not HL Source, if it is HL Source then OMG VALVe have ripped off a lot of people, and obviously are all getting fat sitting on their bums doing nothing!

Dont think it is though.

Why did they show the worst screenshot they could find?

You should be able to use the Blue-Shift high res models in HL: Source so it shouldn't look that crappy...

Have no fear! Looking at the front page news, it's all clear.

Why arent they using HL2 scientist models and HL2 barneys. There's lots of HL2 models they could use so I don't know why they are using Blue Shift models.

Zeus said:
Why arent they using HL2 scientist models and HL2 barneys. There's lots of HL2 models they could use so I don't know why they are using Blue Shift models.

Again, because the models would be lightyears ahead of the surroundings, they just wouldn't work together.

Sorze said:
Again, because the models would be lightyears ahead of the surroundings, they just wouldn't work together.

I don't care. If Valve won't then I will at least port the models from HL2 to HL:S, when I replaythe game I want something to remind me I am playing an updated version of HL besides ragdoll deaths and the occasional physics occurence.

It would be nice if at least some of the textures are updated (such as the walls and ground) so some of the enviroment looks updated but I am not going to get greedy... because what I really want is HL2. :D

KagePrototype said:
It had better water and better lighting, that's it.

No, the texturing and sizing was diffrent too. Looks like completely remade it.

Our HL:S overhaul mod will also accomodate for the above requests, i.e. just updated models, textures, lighting et cetera.

This will be subject to the main modifications work load though, if the textures and models are all completed early then we can release them so that HL:S owners can have nice uprated gfx and such :)

ItchyFish said:
That is exactly the same as HL no doubt about it. The textures are exactly the same. It must be HL not HL Source, if it is HL Source then OMG VALVe have ripped off a lot of people, and obviously are all getting fat sitting on their bums doing nothing!

Dont think it is though.
It's not HL: S. In the PC Gamer review they said that it uses Blue Shift's models (the HD pack). Those are NOT from the HD pack.

The PC Gamer "Review" has Fake screenshots

The one with the caption, Half Life Source uses Hi Defintion Pack models clearly has old Half Life Models in it

:flame: @ PC Gamer

Has anyone here ever looked at the back of their original Half Life box? There are screenshots where the characters have shadows, so that ss isint HL:S.

Operator said:
Has anyone here ever looked at the back of their original Half Life box? There are screenshots where the characters have shadows, so that ss isint HL:S.
Oh my god....

Those are horrible buggy incorrectly rendered transparent planar shadows that were in the early builds, or first releases of HL. Good thing they were taken out too as they looked GOD AWFUL and didn't belong in the code.

There are certainly shadows in HL: Source, one billion times better shadows, softened render-to-texture shadows that actually don't stick throgh walls.

SO ahem yeah HL: S will essentially resolve the jacked up shadows of the original. ;)

WTF do Valve have that Pic for Half Life Source, when I saw it first I thought

What Have I played £10 to get

Half-Life Source probably won't be much more impressive graphically, other than lighting, but the physics and such is where it will be the most changed.

HAHAHA
i laugh at the people who bought hl2 just to get hl2:s or dod:s. ahahahahahahaha

i payed for the upgraded cs, although HL:s was another reason for me to get but jeez. With all upgraded new models on the net they could of replaced these crappy looking ones.

if valve are kind:
they release half life with HD models and source physics, afterwards, they update us with a newer version with tasty graphics etc!!

if valve are nasty, or if valve are valve:
thet ibkt release the HD models and physics

It is litterally the original pic from HL1 nothing special in it...
It is just to show that it's half-life one that's all.

Hmm, if they would remake the models and everything for CS:S why woulden't they do the same for HL:S? I mean, why would they re-make hl1 to make it better looking and not remake everything, but just some textures... If it's their intention of making it look better, then why would they leave the player models and such alone?

Th3JoK3r said:
It is litterally the original pic from HL1 nothing special in it...
It is just to show that it's half-life one that's all.

exactly.

come on, you really think that valve would use 5 year old graphics and expect it to sell?
your all making a big deal over a little misunderstanding.

it's definetly half-life 1. It's one of those rubbish old screenshots from one of the beta versions, they're everywhere. Also in the blue-shift install program it shows a high-definition slave, with a lovely shadow. photoshopped, probably. half-life originally had some awful shadows and that's where the scientist's shadow comes from. Maybe they got this pic off the nostalgia project site?

Vicious said:
Hmm, if they would remake the models and everything for CS:S why woulden't they do the same for HL:S? I mean, why would they re-make hl1 to make it better looking and not remake everything, but just some textures... If it's their intention of making it look better, then why would they leave the player models and such alone?
Re-doing Half-life that way would be a job ten times bigger than CS:Source was.

Back