new half life video (bink)

This picture, now has that guy who was originally behind the guy that says "oh, I thought you were a cop." In the original E304 videos. Look on the right.

BigNamek...

anobium said:
new picture

now this picture at least got something new for me. Notice at the lower right corner, "squad following", imagine the possibilities that valve implemented to give orders to your followers. DAM :D

Mr-Fusion said:
Perfect quality. Now how can we get our hands on it?

Can you host it here Chris_D?
You buy PC Zone... you know the rules - we can't host things like that.

will try to upload to my server not sure how but will give it a go

Where can you get one? At a grocery store or something?

BigNamek...

awwww, I want this video but I subscribe to pc gamer... I aint buying Zone just for this, :(

Is the magazine sold here in the US? I searched for PC Zone magazine in Google but the domain is co.uk. So is it even sold here?

BigNamek...

Chris_D said:
You 'do' know that people don't like mods don't you? Especially when they say that :hmph:

My moms out buying it right now, I hope anyways.

I might post some images, but what are the rules of scanned or copyed images?

anobium, yousendit.com then send the link to someone with fast connection for a torrent upload. :p

Ahh this always happens.

Why do clueless guys always get their hands on this stuff first :LOL:

Mr-Fusion said:
Ahh this always happens.

Why do clueless guys always get their hands on this stuff first :LOL:

Fate it seems, is more fortunate to them.

Man that looks awesome. Know I know upgrading to a 9800pro is the way to go!

If you are rich enough to buy magazines for one minute footage you dont need to know much about comps.
You get other ppl to do it for you...
Joking :)

Looks sweet!!!! I'm praying I get my new PC and computer parts before the game is released!!!

When did PC Zone come out? It wasn't in the two shops I went into.

Ohhh myyyy goddd!

Never mind the HL2 video. You should see the Unreal Engine 3 video! I dunno what kind of machine this baby is running on, but it looks sweeeeet. I just hope they can make a decent game out of it this time!

/me shudders at the memory of Unreal 2

btw: i'm happy to give this to someone to host, as long as i won't get banned for it... i don't really know what the copyright issues are, but ultimately it only helps Valve to sell their game so i can't imagine they would get all pissy about it.

I think PC Zone is a British mag. Anyway, can somebody PM me and give me a link to download this trailer please?

Gorgon said:
This is HOT HOT, HL2 looks so sexy. Did you notice the reflection on the door (FLat SCENE) or the reflection of light on the floor, and the amount of details they put on every object. OMG this game owns both DOOM3 & stalker.

It may own DOOM3 with your video card. But ever since I put DOOM3 on my HD I've been less and less impressed with the HL2 movies and screenshots. I've never been a DOOM fanboy, but in all honesty (AND THIS IS ONLY GRAPHICALLY SPEAKING) HL2 is not that impressive to me anymore. I used to look at the DOOM3 screens and think that the game would only look like that on some workstation somewhere, but i was wrong. Now HL2 may end up being a MUCH better game in terms of actual game play, but in no way does it own DOOM3 graphically IMO.

Commence flaming. :flame:

Pehaps they heard us talking about that window scene, some people said it was hard to tell the voices apart on the two guys, (never had this problem myself) but maybe they feel under the situation, its easier to tell a male and female voice apart, or maybe they just wanna give a better look of a generic female npc.

If someone wants to host it then MSN me on houseofhaggis at btinternet dot com. I'm only gonna send it to someone who can host it for others though. I don't have infinite bandwidth!

N0N1337H41 said:
It may own DOOM3 with your video card. But ever since I put DOOM3 on my HD I've been less and less impressed with the HL2 movies and screenshots. I've never been a DOOM fanboy, but in all honesty (AND THIS IS ONLY GRAPHICALLY SPEAKING) HL2 is not that impressive to me anymore. I used to look at the DOOM3 screens and think that the game would only look like that on some workstation somewhere, but i was wrong. Now HL2 may end up being a MUCH better game in terms of actual game play, but in no way does it own DOOM3 graphically IMO.

Commence flaming. :flame:

No one will flame, as everyone has opinions. But for the love of god - PLAY the damn game first before you jump to conclusions! I'll only take your opinion seriously untill I have my own HL2 copy in my hand.

Chris_D said:

Didn't seem like those were the 'rules' with the PC Gamer video, although you didn't support it i didn't see anyone saying that it was actually illegal to host it.

N0N1337H41 said:
Ironic because the Doom 3 graphics wore off on me within about 30 minutes of playing the game. Suddenly the wow factor of those shiny walls was gone and i was looking for more. After i found out it was a just another crappy shooter i started begging that someone would make a game with enjoyable and intruguing gameplay.

Screw graphics i say. Screw them to hell. I HATE GRAPHICS!! BRING BACK GREEN DOTS FIGHTING EACH OTHER!! Developers are just spending way too much time making things shiny and bumbmapped and totally forgetting about more important things.

It's like George Lucas and his crappy Star Wars prequel trilogy of movies.

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT STORY JUST KEEP SPAMMING THE SCREEN FULL OF CLONE TROOPERS AND LASERS!!! EVERY 11 YEAR OLD BOY ON EARTH IS GOING TO LOVE THIS"

Woe.

Mr-Fusion said:
Ironic because the Doom 3 graphics wore off on me within about 30 minutes of playing the game. Suddenly the wow factor of those shiny walls was gone and i was looking for more. After i found out it was a just another crappy shooter i started begging that someone would make a game with enjoyable and intruguing gameplay.

Screw graphics i say. Screw them to hell. I HATE GRAPHICS!! BRING BACK GREEN DOTS FIGHTING EACH OTHER!! Developers are just spending way too much time making things shiny and bumbmapped and totally forgetting about more important things.

It's like George Lucas and his crappy Star Wars prequel trilogy of movies.

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT STORY JUST KEEP SPAMMING THE SCREEN FULL OF CLONE TROOPERS AND LASERS!!! EVERY 11 YEAR OLD BOY ON EARTH IS GOING TO LOVE THIS"

Woe.

Very true.

I hate Lucas - fine he has good special effects for his movies, but WHAT THE HECK ABOUT THE DAMN MOVIE ITSELF?!

Back