new half life video (bink)

Mr-Fusion said:
"I DON'T CARE ABOUT STORY JUST KEEP SPAMMING THE SCREEN FULL OF CLONE TROOPERS AND LASERS!!! EVERY 11 YEAR OLD BOY ON EARTH IS GOING TO LOVE THIS"

Woe.

The trush I sense. :hmph:

Mr-Fusion said:
Screw graphics i say. Screw them to hell. I HATE GRAPHICS!! BRING BACK GREEN DOTS FIGHTING EACH OTHER!! Developers are just spending way too much time making things shiny and bumbmapped and totally forgetting about more important things.

It's like George Lucas and his crappy Star Wars prequel trilogy of movies.

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT STORY JUST KEEP SPAMMING THE SCREEN FULL OF CLONE TROOPERS AND LASERS!!! EVERY 11 YEAR OLD BOY ON EARTH IS GOING TO LOVE THIS"

Woe.
And the HL2 graphics still own Doom 3 (even if you want to play a textbased version)

And the Star Wars thing is true and applicable.

and another thread descending into flaming becuase of HL2 fanboys who refuse to even acknowledge that its not the best at something.

i pitty you sometimes, your missing out on some seriously great games.

Well, Doom 3 graphic look amazing, it's to scary, and all time is dark.
HL2 will be better.
BRING BACK GREEN DOTS FIGHTING EACH OTHER!! Developers are just spending way too much time making things shiny and bumbmapped and totally forgetting about more important things.
[/quote
I hope you not say it when HL2 come out.HL2 is great game, art, phys...and plenty more.
Sorry if you find some grammary mistakes, i must retake my english when i go in Medic High school. :)

It's not flaming, it's just expressing opinions.

Dougy you're a complete retard Doom 3 asshole sympathizer.

:LOL:

now it's flaming!!

EAT MY ASS HOBOS!!

So, anyway, back on topic... who's gonna host this movie?

yousendit.com going to host it, but anobium seems lazy to do it.

In terms of the power of the renderer doom3 has alot more behind it and can have some really impressive scenery, the problem is the first game they made with it is made up of such dull black enviroments, (i understand thats the point in D3 and it works well for the fear factor) but i get the sense the engine could do so much more with a little more imagination behind the features, Valve have always had the abbility to put what they have to good use, so in terms of style i think HL2s graphics are better, but thats just my opinion of course :D

1) Didn't a mod say specifically they didn't want the video shown?
2) We're not missing out on other games. We still play them. But we just believe that HL2 will be best at what we want out of a game. It's hard to compare HL2, D3, Stalker, etc, because we are provided the exact same information, facts and pictures, but we interpret them in entirely different ways based on what we desire and expect out of games. So just drop the Doom3, HL2, Stalker fanboy-ism, and the flames. Don't give your opinion, because nobody wants your opinion. This forum is about HL2 discussion, and while you can come up with your smart ass responses that count for jack, there are written and unspoken rules and expectations from these forums. Don't be idiots.
3) In keeping with the theme, those pictures do look absolutely incredible. I am surprised at the shadows missing on the table and the bench from that very early picture.. That was odd, blatantly odd.
4) Does anybody have any idea why they're making these [reasonably] last minute character switches? It would require a fair amount of voice acting to be redone, etc... so maybe the original information with the unswitched characters were done a long time ago, or they're making a lot of drastic changes and upping the productivity.. I hope it doesn't turn into Athens ;). "We're finished! It looks like crap, but we're finished! Sort of."

eediot said:
4) Does anybody have any idea why they're making these [reasonably] last minute character switches? It would require a fair amount of voice acting to be redone, etc... so maybe the original information with the unswitched characters were done a long time ago, or they're making a lot of drastic changes and upping the productivity.. I hope it doesn't turn into Athens ;). "We're finished! It looks like crap, but we're finished! Sort of."

If we had never seen the original we would never have noticed, I bet loads of games go through changes like this, the generic npcs are gonna be spammed multiple times anyway so i doubt its very noticable in the whole game, subtle details can go a long way to selling a scene, valve are good at that.

Plus i dont think the generic voice actors are very expensive to get back!

eediot said:
1) Didn't a mod say specifically they didn't want the video shown?

Look again. Chris_D said Halflife2.net would not host the clip.

omg. the changes in most of these pics especially involving strider battle makes the e3'04 vids content look like placeholders

Okay fruitcakes, MrD is sending me the video as we speak. His max upload speed is 26kb/sec so it will take about 40 minutes for me to download the clip from him. As soon as I've finished, I'll upload it to my Shackspace account and post a link here.

If anyone gets impatient and bugs me about it, I will change my mind. DO NOT send me PM's.

If I find anyone giving my link to any forums outside Halflife2.net, I will change my mind.

Grabbing a screen from Print Screen works perfectly fine for me...I'll post some pics I took of some HL2 Trailers.

It was done using, as said before, the print screen button.

Attachments

• Strider_explosion.JPG
    Strider_explosion.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 617
  • Electric_Eel.JPG
    Electric_Eel.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 546
Wow those pics are nice, Hope the better quality video will shed some new light onto the hl2 vid.

I'm at 90%. Give me five more minutes to get this up.

woohoo! Go SMT. Finally someone who isn't lazy or actually knows how to perform such a menial task. I admire you :).

Bah! Don't forget how instrumental i was in this whole operation!!

;)

Thanks too, MrD :)
Your role is praised as well.

Hehe, is anyone else furiosly refreshing their page in hopes that SMT will pop up with a link? I know I am.

PainLord said:
w00t. Are you going to make a torrent?

Attempting to now. I've downloaded plenty, but never uploaded. I'm trying to find a working tracker and it's busting my balls.

use demonoid.com's tracker, just upload it there first and then take the same torrent and upload it to *************

edit: looks like thats down. :\

does the vid show if the lighting on the train as scanner shines torch on it is fixed and/or whether the shadow effect with the crane is fixed?

jonnyapps said:
does the vid show if the lighting on the train as scanner shines torch on it is fixed and/or whether the shadow effect with the crane is fixed?

Hmm, good point. These vids do seem to have some new content (the female), so those shadowing probs should be fixed.

Download from yousendit.com is still going for me :)
4 mins left...

Cheers again SMT, you're a star!

Back