new half life video (bink)

this game is awsome, so much details, and so much action is packed in every fuking scene

The roadblock -scene was most impressive in my opinion. Is it just me or have they changed that walking animation of strider? It seems to strike its legs much harder to ground. Looks SO cool :)

I cant wiat for this game! hope it runs liek taht on my machine =D

the bink is only at 11**x8** i can imagine it at 1920x1280 ...sweeet

The guy at the train station (who wasn't a black guy in the e3 shaky cams) seems to have a twitch in his leg, like when you sit in certain position.

Perhaps the maps just have a npc 'marker' (don't know the right terminology), and a random one is spawned each time the map is played (but the right sex so the voice matches). That would make a nice change each time the game is played

You can see the vortigaunt feeding some sort of tube into the machine at the back of eli's lab, i like it how it is actually working, it's ace!

thank you people for the direct download links!!

it seems most of the ppl here are to big fat greedy leechers for bittorrent to be of any use

Am I the only one who noticed that there really isn't anything new?

[[LuCkY]] said:

That's because it was Binked versions of the E32K4 presentation scenes. Of course it wasn't new.

[[LuCkY]] said:

there isn't anything new content wise, it's just a video with better quality

anobium said:
Dony know if you have seen this, But I have just read pc zone and it has a short trailer(1 min) for half life 2 in bink format. Nothing new in terms of content, but the quality is the best I have seen by far amazing. I tried to grab some screens but dont know how to do this in bink?

First post, just so you know.

Actually, that wee little clip of the strider walking by the blockade is new.

What about the Roadblock Strider thing? I don't remember that being in the E3 Presentation. But something similar was in this years trailer.

Direwolf said:

Nah. It was in the Pre-E3 trailer.

Direwolf said:

It's in the E32004 official trailer.

Edit: Damn, beaten by shuzer.

Pjotr said:
Oh my goodness, you're all HL2-fans and you didn't already see this video? Valve showed it at E3 this spring. Here's the E3 presentation, with commentary, so not Bink quality, but still looks great:

ftp://kometv.no-ip.com:4711/pub/HalfLife2/hl2_fulldemo_e32004.mov

(you gotta use passive mode on my ftp, and only up to 4 simultaneous users, though I do have 100 Mbit. :cheese: )

We've all seen that.. we're excited over high res, full screen glory.

Shuzer said:
That's because it was Binked versions of the E32K4 presentation scenes. Of course it wasn't new.

So what's the big deal then, its just rehashed movies.

i love direct-view over shakycam anyday.

oh and i can't wait till this game is out, i still think valve is using low settings :D :D (which they are by my standards)

The E3 2004 Trailer included that same scene with the Strider, but it was further away. Which makes me think that magazines got another BINK. It couldn't have just been the trailer in BINK format.

Same thing with the black guy in the train station. You see him, but not close up. In the E3 video you barely glanced at him, but in this new BINK you look at him for a few seconds.

So I think magazines have gotten access so some more videos.

EDIT: A stupid possibility is that PC Zone are trying to hint that they have their review copies. And Mimicked those things from the trailers so Valve wouldn't tell them off.

i've tried three different torrent links, left them on for about 15 minutes each, and yet had not progress at all in any of them.

what link did everyone use to get the vid done?

Feath said:
The E3 2004 Trailer included that same scene with the Strider, but it was further away. Which makes me think that magazines got another BINK. It couldn't have just been the trailer in BINK format.

Same thing with the black guy in the train station. You see him, but not close up. In the E3 video you barely glanced at him, but in this new BINK you look at him for a few seconds.

EDIT: A stupid possibility is that PC Zone are trying to hint that they have their review copies. And Mimicked those things from the trailers so Valve wouldn't tell them off.
I jsut reed you're sig! 3 days till content preview? whats that? i go to valve in like 3 days =D

I hadn't noticed the reflectivity on the MP7 before.. looks awesome

Feath said:

Nah...it's valve property. Dream on, you won't get to see reviews untill HL2 goes gold - whenever that is.

lans said:
Nah...it's valve property. Dream on, you won't get to see reviews untill HL2 goes gold - whenever that is.

Who's to say that reviewers don't have a copy of it now. I've seen many reviews of Pre-Gold games before. After, Valve have everything they need to get a working copy to magazines. The Source engine mostly works (otherwise Cybercafes wouldn't be playing CS:S), and it's extremely unlikely that the content is going to change in any significant way.

And I did say "Stupid posibility", it was more tongue in cheek than a serious suggestion.

sHm0zY said:
I jsut reed you're sig! 3 days till content preview? whats that? i go to valve in like 3 days =D

You didn't read it very well. It says "Content Preload". It's when the content starts to Preload on Steam.

Sai said:
i've tried three different torrent links, left them on for about 15 minutes each, and yet had not progress at all in any of them.

what link did everyone use to get the vid done?

Check your PM, Sai.

I think you two have kinda missed the point of PMs.

damn they are really polishing this game up before release...

God i wish they would do somthing about the nades on the MP7, i know its small but i cringe everytime i see that Secondary Ammo display, i hope they havnt compressed the MP7 and OICW into one gun and stuck with that model, oh well, the glass doors in the hallway are pretty.

Lobster said:
God i wish they would do somthing about the nades on the MP7, i know its small but i cringe everytime i see that Secondary Ammo display, i hope they havnt compressed the MP7 and OICW into one gun and stuck with that model, oh well, the glass doors in the hallway are pretty.

The OICW is a seperate weapon and still there :) - it was also featured as recent as in that G4 tech TV G-phoria show.

I'd really like to tell valve to get rid of the grenade launcher from the MP7 - but then HL2 is a game in the end, as unrealistic as it may seem - it may be pretty useful in the actual game.

It feels more like Half-Life with that grenade on your SMG.

It' such a nice weapon, always ready for instant deployment on your most used weapon, explode on impact.. It's just good. :)

Back