New HL2 leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me reiterate the rules before anyone trips up and gets themselves banned:

"Files from stolen builds of all titles

In the words of Rick Ellis, Senior Software Engineer at Valve Software: It's illegal. For those of you that aren't aware, we do not want our web site associated with any sort of illegal content, whether that be stolen or leaked. This includes screenshots, source code, models, maps, textures.

We would also request that you do not post information specific to any stolen builds including file names, and other bits of information that haven't been officially released.

These rules extend to all games, not just Half-Life 2."

j005u said:
FFS i havent said that the torrent moving around isnt a reseed... BUT there have been posts by mods high up that there is also a NEW leak. wich isnt moving around the net openly yet..

You know, hackers get high off of stealing proprietary intellectual property and infiltrating private, confidential networks. There's nothing glamorous about that, no matter what the film industry and press has told you. It's dishonest, disreputable, and disrespectful. Hackers don't merit the trust you're giving them.

I'd agree with whoever said it's just these warez groups filling the demand for new HL2 content after e3.

This new 'leak' is false.
It contains some new textures and shaders as already mentioned.
It was put up on (well, most people know where this is) due to the demand that E3 created.

The talk that it would be new code and all the maps is false.

SMT said:
You know, hackers get high off of stealing proprietary intellectual property and infiltrating private, confidential networks. There's nothing glamorous about that, no matter what the film industry and press has told you. It's dishonest, disreputable, and disrespectful. Hackers don't merit the trust you're giving them.
guess you just dont know who neobond is....

This thread is going to be huge: 130 replies in two hours.

Tell me this hasn't been four pages of repeating that the new leak is fake. Please.

Varsity said:
Tell me this hasn't been four pages of repeating that the new leak is fake. Please.

I can tell you that if you want, but.... ;)

argh. omg ffs..
ever heard of neowin.net ? like one of the biggest windows releated boards out there..

ok.. ill leave this topic alone. pointless..

j005u said:
argh. omg ffs..
ever heard of neowin.net ? like one of the biggest windows releated boards out there..

ok.. ill leave this topic alone. pointless..

Thank you!

How can there be another leak, if all of Valves pc where there is HL2 stuff on are taken offline?

If there is another leak. I suspect it to all be caused by valve. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you.

can't imagine in a million years there is another "leak". Don't buy it in the least. If it's anything, it's just a rehash of the old stolen build and nothing more.

I know valve's rep has been tarnished because of some of the things which have happend in the past, but does anyone really think they have a computer online with the latest build (or whatever) waiting to be lifted??? That would be the most idiotic thing ever.

Especially when people are saying it's the same size as the old one...it's clearly the old theft or whatever just patched or things fixed up.

Raziaar said:
If there is another leak. I suspect it to all be caused by valve. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice, shame on you.

You've got your aphorism all backwards there, chief.

SMT said:
You've got your aphorism all backwards there, chief.

eh? Isn't that the correct saying? Whats the correct saying in your world?

Raziaar said:
eh? Isn't that the correct saying? Whats the correct saying in your world?

It's:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Not the other way around :|

Ohhh! Right, sorry. ehehehe. I feel stupid now. I'm just so drained at work. Posting this while at work on lunch. Been without glasses the entire week and its causing alot of eyestrain and mind numbing headaches. Not thniknig straight :-P

I don't buy into it for a second... I didn't read all 10 pages but I'm sure its nothing. If it does turn out to be true... I vote the death penalty for all found guilty of stealing unreleased games from Valve.

whoooa ten pages! I'm replying too!

urrmm... i think it's a fake! :E

I wish people would stop f*cking saying 'I THINK its fake' and 'I dont THINK its real' why dont you get it then admit it and tell us what it is, how do we know your telling the truth? double edged sword, you cant be a fanboy and at the same time admit to downloading it, lol and yet everyone is sooo anxious to find out if its real or not, ask yourself why! lmao

seems like this incident was all to get the HL2 community all riled up over something that doesn't seem to have anything new.. but then again i can only take the word of the pple posting here since i ain't going anywhere near any stupid leak.

its fake, halflife2 is fake too, when it comes out on august13th you will see its really doom3 and not halflife2.

Dear reader, intrigued by the topic title you clicked the link to find out about the subject. Having read the first post, and, discovering that the thread was now in its 10th page you then selected "last" which brought you here in the hope that you might gleam summary of the entire thread from the last few posts. We appreciate your time and interest and appologise for the work of too may people with too few things to do. In the interest of directing efforts towards somthing more useful, MagicAndy hereby obliges:

THERE IS NO LEAK...NOTHING TO SEE HERE....MOVE ALONG ....

Please refer back to this post when you hear of other leak rumours. Thankyou

Andy summed this one up very nicely. Cloooooooosed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back