New hl2 review

babelfish translation...

GMC of November

House: Publishing Future | Price: €6,70/7,90 | Escape: 14 October (IT);

[ 13/10/2004: 19:06 ]
GMC puts to target a coupled other from master: the book review in exclusive right of 2 Half-Life and the complete game Arx Fatalis!

The November cover

The cover
GMC BUDGET
City guerrilla this month for the version Budget of GMC, always to the fantastic price "schiantainflazione" of 3,80 euro. In fact, in attached found, beyond to the same contents of the version CD/DVD, the game Been of Emergency.

The DVD of GMC
Who still has not decided itself to acquire Doom 3, will have way to try of the demo, obviously available in the CD encloses to you to GMC. The directory continues with The Political Machine, how much in topic never seen approaching itself of the presidential elections Americans, and still, with FIFA Football 2005, Xpand Rally and Top Spin. The DVD, dual layer (more than 8 giga!), it continues with heavy caliber like the demo of Evil Genius, Colin McRae Rally 2005, Obscure, Warhammer 40k Dawn of War, MoH Pacific Assault, Tribes: Vengeance, Full Spectrum Warrior, Zoo Empire, Shadow Ops: Red Mercury, Kohan II Kings of War, Conflict: Vietnam, Call of Duty the Great Offensive, Richard Burns Rally, Deer Hunter 2005, Wings of War, Superpower 2 and (hurt the fingers with a directory a lot along!) Cycling Manager 4. As far as the patch, on the CD it is found Has it patch 1,05, usual contained the extra ones for the attached game Arx Fatalis and UT 2004 3323. The DVD adds to the Painkiller plate v1.3.5, Joint Operations Typhoon 1.3.1.15 Rising and other anchor. Finally, the field mod is covered from various productions for Doom 3, Battlefield: Pirates! for BF 1942, the Secrets of Were Buia for Medieval Total War, the integral translation de "the Sons of Gaucci" of Clive Barker' s Undying, the splendid Galactic Conquest for BF 1942 and other anchor. The single presence is marked it finally on the DVD of Windows XP Service Pack 2.

ATTACHED GAME: ARX FATALIS
For who it loves tetri and the humid mazes, here Arx Fatalis, a GdR fantasy of great atmosphere, than, between the other, is taken advantage of an optimal doppiaggio in Italian!

IT TRIES YOU FOR YOU

Half-Life 2
The words are enough to more introduce one of the attended games of the last years? Perfect contraltare to Doom 3? Two lines perhaps not, but 8 book review pages of Carl "Giga" Baron decidedly yes!

FIFA Football 2005
The challenge between the soccer simulators is made more and more warm with the new one arrived in celebre the series of EA, FIFA.

Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War
The future fascinating and tetro of Warhammer 40k lives again with dignity on computer, with one strategic granitico like one Space Marine!

Firm GMC and is not continued here with:

Anarchy Online Alien Invasion
Call of Duty the Great Offensive
Conflict Vietnam
Cycling Manager 4
D-Day
Evil Genius
GTR - FIA GT Racing Simulation
Myst IV: Revelation
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident
NHL 2005
Raging Tiger The Second Korean War
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Spider-Man 2 The Game
Star Wars Battlefront
The Black Mirror

Half-Life 2
Le parole bastano a presentare uno dei giochi più attesi degli ultimi anni? Il contraltare perfetto a Doom 3? Due righe forse no, ma 8 pagine di recensione di Carlo “Giga” Barone decisamente sì!

The words are enough to introduce one of the most attended games of the last years? Perfect opposition to Doom 3? Two lines perhaps not, but 8 review pages of Carlo "Giga" Barone yes!

only thing it said on hl2...
when i buy it you will have more information :naughty:

its good to hear another review is on the way

halflifeguy said:
is the pcgamer review of HL2 on store shelves yet?
I think I have heard that it might be.
I am a subscriber and just received it yesterday.

"IT TRIES YOU FOR YOU"

In Soviet Russia it tries you!

killerteoz said:
Half-Life 2
Le parole bastano a presentare uno dei giochi più attesi degli ultimi anni? Il contraltare perfetto a Doom 3? Due righe forse no, ma 8 pagine di recensione di Carlo “Giga” Barone decisamente sì!

The words are enough to introduce one of the most attended games of the last years? Perfect opposition to Doom 3? Two lines perhaps not, but 8 review pages of Carlo "Giga" Barone yes!

only thing it said on hl2...
when i buy it you will have more information :naughty:

I didn't get that line. Are they trying to say "Yes" it's better than Doom 3 or " perhaps not" a perfect opposition to doom 3 - as in it's not as good as D3?

they are saying its not a clear cut line between the two games, i think. as in, you cant reallllllly compare the two.

thats what i got out of it anyway

lans said:
I didn't get that line. Are they trying to say "Yes" it's better than Doom 3 or " perhaps not" a perfect opposition to doom 3 - as in it's not as good as D3?
A more accurate translation is:

"Could you introduce one of the most eagerly awaited games of the last years with bare words? Is it the ideal Doom 3 rival? Maybe two lines wouldn't be enough, but a Carlo "Giga" Barone's 8 page review is definitely more than enough!"

FYI: Doom 3 scored 9 out of 10 in the GMC August issue...

not another review

guise said:
its good to hear another review is on the way

what is the big deal with all the reviews!? IMO we dont really need another one. The only opinion that matters is yours alone after buying /playing hl2. Im beginning to get annoyed with all the reviews and talk of what % the game got. Its irrelevant because if a review gives it 1% YOUR STILL GONNA GET THE GAME or if it gets 100% YOUR STILL GONNA GET THE GAME. The only thing these reviews are good for -New pics and more spoilers. All its gonna do is get you guys hopes up for what we may not see for quite some time. -hell im glad i got the silver package....hl2 can come whenever . No hl2dm upon release makes that time even more unwaited for. No matter how good singleplayer is it has nowhere near as much replay value as mp. (unless mp sucks "farcry") then they both have little replay value......back to cs:source

IO si lui non so :angel:

by the way max score for a game in gmc is 9/10

they never give 10/10 for a game because they say non game is perfect...

so i think hl2 will have a 9/10 + games of the month...

HL2 score by GMC = 9/10 (9 graphic, 9audio, 9 longevity, 10 gameplay).

Xilema said:
No, I'm italian !

You lie! Show me your passport! ;)

9/10 for a mag where that is the highest is not too bad :)

Did they really play HL2 themselves or is it a copy from a bigger international magazine that owns them? Like the PC Games Addict was a direct copy from PC Gamer UK.

PvtRyan said:
You lie! Show me your passport! ;)

9/10 for a mag where that is the highest is not too bad :)

Did they really play HL2 themselves or is it a copy from a bigger international magazine that owns them? Like the PC Games Addict was a direct copy from PC Gamer UK.

Carlo Barone played the game from the beginning to the end in Seattle, in Valve's office.
The rece is extremely positive ;)

Xilema said:
HL2 score by GMC = 9/10 (9 graphic, 9audio, 9 longevity, 10 gameplay).

i buy gmc from 2 years and they never have given a 10 to gameplay.....
are you serious? :devil:

probably today if gmc is out in my city i will buy it....

in 5-6 hours you will know :dork:

Xilema said:
Carlo Barone played the game from the beginning to the end in Seattle, in Valve's office.

what's the comment they give to hl2 in the score box?

:cheese:

greetings xilena i found that what have u writed is true...

10 in gameplay :naughty: :naughty:

they never have given to gameplay a 10!!!!!!!!!!!

it's also game of the month

i can't wait to buy gmc......... :afro:

i wont add this score to my ever growing HL2 review list , until its confirmed...

edit : could some one scan the score box :cheese:

Do they give decimal scores as well or only whole number scores?

9/9/9/10 shouldnt be 9,5 of 10 !?!?

Just pondering ! :E

But whathever 9/10 and 10 on gameplay is just GREAT :E :cheers: :bounce:

the don't add decimal to a vote ;)

so 9 is the best it can take....

but with 10 in gameplay it's like a 99% in pcgamer us

i write this because i know it's voting system... :afro:

killerteoz said:
the don't add decimal to a vote ;)

so 9 is the best it can take....

but with 10 in gameplay it's like a 99% in pcgamer us

i write this because i know it's voting system... :afro:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: EVERYBODY BOUNCE FOR HL2 :cheers: :E :rolling:

i cant wait :devil:

Xilema said:
like every article published by future media magazines :p

hi xilema I know you! you are (were?) a TGMOL user!

I wonder how long it'll be before we have a sensationalist reviewer trying to be big by proclaiming HL2 to be a complete pile of overrated crap. I'd expect the odd 80%, but I'm betting someone'll think its clever to go against the mould and give it 50% or less.

Hi! As Publishing Director of GMC I can confirm that the game scored 9/10. We have a policy of not giving 10s in our magazine, but we do, every two or three years, a feature mentioning the games that history has told us they really deserved a 10.

I kindly ask everybody to refrain from posting scanned material as that infringes our copyright.

And yes, we had our reviewer in Valve's offices playing the game from beginning till end. :)

Back