New HL2-scan!?

Originally posted by Viscid
uh guys. That IS from Half-life 2.

The one from DC is different, and looks a lot shittier (look at the hanging wires from the crane)

http://www.desertcombat.com/ScreenShots/Maps/Docks/Loading.jpg

in comparison to

http://biphome.spray.se/ted/scanhl2.jpg

The poly count, texture resolution and GENERAL MAP LAYOUT is completely different.

You guys are such doofuses.

edit: They look so similar because THAT'S HOW DOCKS LOOK.

That one was taken with AA on on 1600x1200 or somethign and then resized just for the magazine. Those were obviously taken at 640x480 or something.

Yeah, docks do usually look similar, but that doesnt mean Valve would steal props from DC.

ugh the sky looks different because the pictures are from different angles, and i don't see any difference really, in lighting, or textures or anything, they are both from the same map, its so obvious

Originally posted by Innervision961
ugh the sky looks different because the pictures are from different angles, and i don't see any difference really, in lighting, or textures or anything, they are both from the same map, its so obvious

Then you are completely blind.

Someone should go play that level on DC and take a screenshot from same angle with all details turned on.

Pff... Saw cranes in cool pics from BF1942, but when the game was released, THEY WHERE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!!!!!

WE WANTS OUR CRANES!!!!!!!

CRANES TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

CRANES TO LIFT THE LITTLE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

CRANES TO HAUL ASS!!!!!!!!

CRANES TO RUN REALLY FAST IN AND IGNORE SAFETY PROTOCOLS!!!!!!!!

(meaning, who gives a god darn crap about it, its just a pretty shot of a crane, I have seen that before, cant remember from where though, or if it was exactly that angle)

yeah the clouds and sky color are exactly the same, so why am i blind? Plus you'd think if it was a hl2 pic that there would be some bump and spec but then again why would they want to use the new engine they built?

yeah... that last screenshot.. does look.. remarkably... similar...
*cries in corner*

Thats unmistakably DC. The pavement, placement of crates, the warehouse, everything is in the EXACT same spot as on that map. It's just a really pretty screenshot. :b

It's clearly from HL2. There's no way it could be from some ugly ass amateur-mod.

scanhl2.jpg

HL2-exclusive.jpg

Lol, Desert whatever...It's BF1942 alright, but why does it say Valve is da publisher?

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Lol, Desert whatever...It's BF1942 alright, but why does it say Valve is da publisher?

Valve is not the publisher .

The magazine made a little mistake, thats all .. LOL

Or for all we know its a fake.

The picture was taken with aa on and evreything in high detail so thats why it looks good.

the whole thing was probably photoshoped, even the magazine part.

Its photoshop'd..using the unsharp mask filter.

Originally posted by ReZeroX
the fact somone is arguing it amazes me...

I agree...definitely DC...but I do have to admit, thats a nice shot.

I really hope this thread'll go to hell. And if it does, I hope it'll burn well...

Originally posted by Viscid
uh guys. That IS from Half-life 2.

The one from DC is different, and looks a lot shittier (look at the hanging wires from the crane)

http://www.desertcombat.com/ScreenShots/Maps/Docks/Loading.jpg

in comparison to

http://biphome.spray.se/ted/scanhl2.jpg

The poly count, texture resolution and GENERAL MAP LAYOUT is completely different.

You guys are such doofuses.

edit: They look so similar because THAT'S HOW DOCKS LOOK.
edit2: Also look at the shadows. BF1942 just doesn't have the same shadows.
edit3: And the sky! The sky texture is completely different also! Also at a higher resolution.
you're completely nuts.. they are nearly identical.

No way it can be from HL2. It looks much too blocky. Like a Half-Life 1 map.

It looks a lot like the old cs_assault map from Counter-strike, minus the crane.

Originally posted by chili pepper

It looks a lot like the old cs_assault map from Counter-strike, minus the crane.

I agree. The first thing I thought when I saw the shot was that it's definitely hl1. The difference between the shot from the mod site and the supposed hl2 one is probably either the video card, with mod shot being taken on a really crappy card at low res, using d3d(can tell by how rendering is blurred at really short distances), not using anti-aliasing(this is really visible, I mean my hl looks better with 4xFSAA on a geforce 2 card than that screenshot), or it could be render of the mod map in 3ds or other 3d program that was done sufficiently crappy to make it look like an hl render.

The damn crane is what made people think the pic was from HL2. Not the damn containers man. The crane looks quite good...
What made me wondering was the quality of the sky though. Looks a bit flat in comparison to the other scenes...

Well, we know theres a boat and an ocean or sea, so it makes sense on a logical level. Too bad it's bogus.

DC looks exactly like that on my computer, I don't see what's so unbelievable about it. The mapper is simply very talented and used a lot of polygons on that crane, as well as some of the vehicles and weapons. This is probably the reason I get 20-30 FPS on DC (with everything maxed) and 50-60 on BF1942, DC looks better and has more polys.

You people are acting like DC/BF1942 is a bad looking game, but it actually has it's high points. Even still you can look at the crates and ground and tell it isn't HL2 quality.

ahaha Viscid are you a stupid head? My most played mod at the moment is DC and that is a map from DC. You sound pretty confident thats from HL2, so funny.

LOL!!!!
its so funny, first i was readign something like this (after the first scan was posted): "yea, that looks cool" and after a persont who played DC posted that the scan is from DC. Everybody were like: "Ohh the pic looks aglu, like its from HL1", or "I knew it wasnt a HL2 scan".

WAHHAHAHAHAAH u crack me up ppl!

Back