New HL2mod Model. Click here.

Reaction score
Hey, Just thought you might want to see a early design model someone on our mod team has done for a HL2mod that we will disclose details on soon. :)

All I can tell you is that the mod should be unique and fun! which is nice :)

We still need texture artists and possibly programers. So if you think you might want to help just PM me with your email and I should be able to reply soonish with details on the mod so you can decide if you would like to help. :)

And yeah, its a playermodel :p. You get to play as that :D

Attachments

• machine 01.jpg
    machine 01.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 326
Is that made with Milkshape? I'm learning how to model with milkshape, just fiddling around. My weapon model is coming along nicely. That model in your picture, looks very complicated and I hope you get to show us a textured version soon. It looks a bit like the 'medical' drone as seen in one of the old Star Wars movies. It's the one that was going to inject princess Leia with something. Keep up the good work. Perhaps in time, I can become a modeler for you guys. Need lots of practice still tho! :)

That's an interesting player model you got there. Its a little hard to see some of the details, could you give us a larger shot?

I'll tell you what. When Its a little further on i'll give you some more larger screenshots from different angles. However, for now I Will just send you another early development model. Another player model :)

EDIT: I forgot to say, it was modeled in rhino, a somewhat simple program. This is because my friends 3dStudio max is playing up for some reason :(. But it should be ok soon. (www.rhino3d.com i think)

Its Very high poly at the momemt because of the tracks but that will be sorted soon. We are aiming at a large audience so you need not worry. Anyways. Here ya go:

You could make the tracks smooth in polygons and use bump-mapping (or some other form of mapping, like specular mapping, which was used for alyx's necklace i believe) to make them look real.

Thats part of the plan my friend. :) I'll tell you some of the concept now :)

Its man versus machine in a world not to far in the future.

Thats it for now, I should get permision from the project leader before I tell more :). Also, our website should be up soonish. Then I'll tell all :)

Yeah I think the modeler saw the films and got some serious inspiration from them :p. And the mod is not really anything like that Eradicator mod so dont worry. I have never seen that mod before. Thanks for the link though. Looks interesting.

And sidewinder. What exactly do you mean by "Can we make our own?"?

If you mean can you sort of *build* your own machine out of parts in game then. No, not really. But you can choose the weapon load out.

so your making a terminator mod with terrible player models? Soz, just been honest.

lol, some of the player models loosely based on some of the terminators.

And Like I said those are early. I dont really see whats so bad about the models anyway. Especialy considering they are tempory. Any feed back is welcome. So long as its constructive :)

This mod is fairly young and like i said we need some texture artists and perhaps another programer to help.
We allready have 4 modelers, 2 mappers, 2 designers, 1 programer and a person doing the website :)

Its going to be fun to try it when the mod and (of course) HL2 is out.

Yeah, I cant wait for HL2. I really can't.

But also, we would like the SDK soon. We need it to start with the mapping really. We have started with the current hammer so far. But that has its limitations. Also, we would like to see some of the new features in other areas :D

ye btw. Most of the time people don;t make robot mods etc... because the animation is so god dam hard. U have to reanimate all the models because they are all different scales etc... u havn't even got a animator yet. I would sujest getting a very good one. The biggest failure of your mod will be the animation. if anything.

heheh, sorry about that. I completely forgot to advertise for more animators! :p wooops.

Atm I am learning animation off one of my fellow modelers who used to annimate at almost a proffeshonal level. He got offered a job in modeling and annimating for a game that never surfaced. He "should" be able to help. However he was primerally a modeler. Which is why we are still searching. :)

But dont worry. We have planned for this. We have made the annimation side as simple as we can. The hardest model to annimate will easily be the one i first posted a screenshot of. The rest are relitively easy.

Anyway, thanks for the imput :)

nice work guys if u want any c&c it would be hlepful to post some nice clear cut renders .
animation wont be that hard as long as uve got a good animator i find that organic animations are much harder.

Back