New member, fill in please

W

wicked765

Hey guys im new to this forum and joined after id completed the half life 2 series. I gota say this is the best game I've ever played in terms of storyline. I found myself so attached by episode two I nearly burst into tears when Alyx was lieing over her dead father Eli.
I completed the half life 2 series but think im missing what really happened in half life one. Could anyone spend a few minutes explaining the story of half life one to me briefly and what we know about G-man.
questions:
Did we meet alyx in half life 1?
how did we meet barney?
what happened at black mesa?
when is episode three coming out (i thirst for more)?
when is half life 3 coming?
what is half life 2:lost coast/island or whatever its called and is it required in the storyline?

I also recently played bioshock and thought the story was pretty good but i started playing half life while team fortress two was updating and then 14 or so hours later i was extremely tired and had finished half life 2 and episode one. I attempted to start episode two that night but thought my drowsiness would ruin it for me.

and any general info anywhere on the upcoming episode three or half life 3

p.s sorry for my writing and lack of sentence structure, im trying to post it in a minute before i need to get some sleep before school. Thanx!

Did we meet alyx in half life 1?
how did we meet barney?
what happened at black mesa?
when is episode three coming out (i thirst for more)?
when is half life 3 coming?
what is half life 2:lost coast/island or whatever its called and is it required in the storyline?

Alyx: No, she was about 2 back then.
Barney: he was our old drinking buddy back at Black Mesa.
Ep 3:next year maybe, possibly arouind cristmas, but unlikely.
Half life 3:Your guess is as good as ours.
Lost Coast:It was like a Demo, not needed in the story, but there were some interesting parts. ( I think, never played it.)

Half-Life 3: I think Gabe said the Episodes were HL3.
Lost Coast: Originally planned as part of the Coast levels, but was cut out and rereleased as a tech demo for the HDR technology.

1) Did we meet alyx in half life 1?
2) how did we meet barney?
3) what happened at black mesa?
4) when is episode three coming out (i thirst for more)?
5) when is half life 3 coming?
6) what is half life 2:lost coast/island or whatever its called and is it required in the storyline?

1) She is not mentioned, nor seen during the game. But this doesn't rule out Gordon's knowledge about her

2) Every security guard in HL1 had the generic name of Barney, but wasn't an official name back then; but like I said he was a security guard working in Black Mesa when the resonance incident occured, and was a drinking buddy of Gordon

3) Long story, but This Link seems to be the best resource for story.

This Site has been known to make mistakes or even claim things without evidence, so it may not be the best resource.

If you are not planning on buying the original game (which works with 98, 2000, XP and Vista), wait for This mod to come out, which should hopefully be this fall. The story will be 100% intact, but the maps, weapons and characters will be improved.

The one thing that is not precisely known is the year of the occuring events. In the original instruction manual that came with the game, the letter of Gordon's Acceptance into Black Mesa was dated May 5, 200- (So that could mean, the letter of acceptance was created sometime between 2000 and 2009)

4) Hoping this fall

5) Depends, although the HL episodes have been said to be HL3, the sequel to the episodes may come out at fall 2009, depending if its going to be a full sequel or another series of episodes.

6) It was a tech and benchmarking demo for users of HL2 that showcased HDR, among other subtle things. It is not necessary to play storywise, but it is a nice "mini game" to say the least. Its worth downloading just for the fight in the orthodox church

I think that you could just have googled this questions, I mean, it's way faster, and sometimes better, than waiting for an answer in a forum. I'm just saying...

Your questions appeared to have been answered, but skimming through I huess I'm the first person to say

Welcome!

Back