New Portal Gameplay Video

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Thanks again to IGN, we now have a full fledged gameplay video of Valve's much anticipated, gravity defying title, Portal, from Microsoft's X06 event on the Xbox 360. Stunning visuals are the first thing that grabs you attention with this game. Another quick observation, game saves are very frequent; For those of you who are "puzzly challenged", you can use this to your advantage. Click the image below for the stream:[br]

Find the second half of video the video HERE

Welcome To The Aperture Zience Zenter!

Up early hot?

IGN Videos sucks ass... it always ends up having to stop and buffer a few times through the video. ;( (and I'm on a 5mb connection)

Is it worth the effort?

I always hate IGN downloads - slow and full of ads.

yes everyone get to valve offices and explode that will make them work faster! or the might just laugh and be in tears with us exploding all over the place :O

oh well the plan has it's ups and downs....

Hurray for video getting to the same spot every time then puasing. IGN video sucks ass.

Can anyone tell me if it will come to steam? If so, I would not have to hopelessly wait.

I just let it run in a tab in firefox with sound muted. And after two hours, it will be done. \0/

someone should upload it to youTube

yeah, the game sounds cool. Good video.

Gee the IGN Player is so flakey. The stream is stalling at the same point over and over - and after a while of loading and not playing - it jumps straight to the next video. Thanks. :|

Gee the IGN Player is so flakey. The stream is stalling at the same point over and over - and after a while of loading and not playing - it jumps straight to the next video. Thanks.

This happened to be as well, as if the video-player thought the buffer had reached the end of video so do you had viewed it.

That's why I keep asking when will it come to steam.

p.s. I like the old portal effect. The old one looks less cartoon.

Hmmm sorry guys but hmm portal.... is too much for me.

So in clear english, what is the point. ?

To walk trough wall, celings, etc..... hmmm strange looks like valve have gone dry on ideas..

To walk trough wall, celings, etc..... hmmm strange looks like valve have gone dry on ideas..
lol @ lack of creativity D:

LOL @ LACK OF UNDERSTANDING D:

LOL @ THIS GUY NEEDS TO GTFO SRSLY AMIRITE?

LOL @ all the LOL @s.

:D

Nice going.

Anyway let me ask you something, why do u play hl anyway. ?
So go trough wall or to shoot at anything that moves!. ?

Well reason why I did fall for hl was to have these amazing firefights.
Portal is a intresting idea but not when they impliment that into hl2 part 2. To me it will be strange after we have got fimiliar with the game after many hours game play and then we get to hl2 epi two and the we have a bunch of new tools and weapons to use.

Looks like valve is sceard of something, must be creativity..

God, this made my day ;)

Nice going.

Portal is a intresting idea but not when they impliment that into hl2 part 2. To me it will be strange after we have got fimiliar with the game after many hours game play and then we get to hl2 epi two and the we have a bunch of new tools and weapons to use.

Überlol! :D

Nice going.

Dude, they are ****ing full of creativity! Portal is a completely separate game from the rest, and will only be linked by story. IT WILL NOT BE IN EPISODE 2, the reason for this episodic content is so that they can test out these new ideas without upsetting people such as you. If enough of the community likes the idea, it will probably somehow be involved in episode 3.

LOL, he thinks that the portal gun just creates holes in walls!

I doubt it will, they're likely not to overstep the boundary of the Portal character being in the HL universe, likely to be a scientist from Black Mesa or somewhere who has gone on their own seperate way. But it'd change Half-Life too much to have that weapon in, am confident they won't.

yeah I think the portal gun would be a terrible addition to HL.

But yeah, this game looks really good, thats without looking at this updated video. EP2 and this should be ALOT of fun.

The video was from a demo played by IGN, so don't expect to see it on Steam.

I'll see if there are anyother videos out there.

Hopefully that will never happen.
Why not?

If Valve succeeds in implementing it right, I think it would be great to play.

This doesn't mean that you would have the Portal gun during the entire game, only in some indoor levels.

I love the upgraded look, and especially the new portals. They look very nice.

HL2+HL2E1+HL2E2+portal+TF2 is going to be deal of the century.

.bog.

Ign tells me to get the latest version of flash player and then it tells me to get version 8... i go to the adobe website and it says i have version 9 already installed.
IGN is useless anywyas.

Is it me, or did they change the effect of the portals now?

It looks more like the logo rather than the 'breakage in the wall' look (If you get what I mean)

Back