New Prince of Persia announced

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56031

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/new-prince-of-persia-title/1610

Ok I love prince of persia and I will defnitely get this but I am feeling a little wierd about it.

1) May 2010 seems way TOO soon (infact ties it in with the movie, maybe not a good sign >_>)

2) It continues the SoT story. YAY! Wait....wasn't that finished? Isn't there another POP you've got to finish guys, eh?

Pop2008cover.jpg

Wait, it finishes the Sands of Time story? What about the new one?

I DEMAND CLOSURE

this is disappointing, I liked now the new spin off was going

UBISOFT YOU SONS OF BITCHES YOU TELL US WHAT HAPPENED IN THE LAST PRINCE OF PERSIA

BAD ENDING WAS BAD YOU BETTER FIX IT

SHOULD'VE LEFT THAT GIRL FOR DEAD AND WENT OFF AND FOUND YOUR DONKEY AND BOUGHT SOME CARPETS

REALLY THICK CARPETS

I didn't think the ending was that bad and I have certainly seen worse cliffhangers (although the PoP DLC ending was way worse than the ending to the main game :( ).

Come on Ubi give us a sequel to that PoP game D:

The ending would have been fine if either the Prince or his girl had been characters I could remotely care about.

Pardon me for asking, but what was the ending?

Only Prince of Persia games I've played came out in teh 90s.

Numbers said:
Pardon me for asking, but what was the ending?
The girl you partner with throughout the game, Elika, died before the game happened. Her father struck a deal with the badguy to resurrect her, and at the end in order to defeat him Elika has to die again.

Sulkdodds said:
The ending would have been fine if either the Prince or his girl had been characters I could remotely care about.

The ending was aggravating, and for me it was because I DID care about the characters. Getting to know them through all the little extra bits of dialogue they had...you knew Elika had this reluctant sense of duty to put Ahriman back. And even though she and the Prince had a connection, it was outweighed by her station as an Ahura. And then the Prince shits it all up.

It's likely going to be resolved in one of those, "Oh, we found a way to stop the big bad without a sacrifice; yay now everyone lives happy!" solutions, which is another reason I hate the ending. If the series had just stopped right there, or you had to go on being the Prince in later installments knowing that you stopped Ahriman but at the cost of Elika, that would've been so much better.

The 2008 spin off was terrible in gameplay wise. I liked the cel-shading though.

I don't know how they are going to continue the Sands of Time plot, when the series pretty much concluded with Two Thrones.

The gameplay was fine except for the combat. The combat was awful.

Hopefully they'll go back to the freeform acrobatic fighting system rather than the one in the new PoP.

The ending was aggravating, and for me it was because I DID care about the characters.
Ah. That'll be the problem then. I thought the Prince was a big swaggering stupid douchebag and the woman merely boring. The writing would have been comically bad if it was ever funny!

But if one does invest in it then I guess the ending could be pretty irritating. I actually found it interesting that the player'd make this 'choice'. I just didn't feel any empathy for this man or for his feelings, so his giving in so completely to them meant nothing. I suppose it probably is going to end with a great big reset button.

Ah. That'll be the problem then. I thought the Prince was a big swaggering stupid douchebag and the woman merely boring.
He wasn't a complete douchebag. Did you hear him talking about the sea? That part endeared him to me. And Elika was...hm, she was kind of boring, I must admit. Also it's pretty abrupt when she starts showing a romantic interest in the Prince; she came on really strong REALLY sudden.

I actually found it interesting that the player'd make this 'choice'. I just didn't feel any empathy for this man or for his feelings
That's the thing. I said in the old PoP thread last year, "Just stop before the end. Don't play to the ending"; but if you do that, it does invalidate the Prince's feelings. Of course, if you don't care about his feelings at all, you get the good end. ;)

But of course he's the kind of guy who's like, "End of the world? I don't care. I like this girl."

You have image for everything don't you?
2afeem9.gif

Back