New S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Media

Amazing, it sure looks nice, but come on, show us something in these trailers. They always show the same guy running around in the empty world. :\

Did they mention the MP ? I skimmed through the article but I didn't notice anything about it. In one interview the project leader said that they might implement MP in a Everquest fashion where you log on do you stuff and exit/save your progress. It would be great to share the experience with other human players, fighting over new objects, stalking each other :)

Yea, Stalker is gonna be an awesome game, can't wait.

That trailer sucks though. :x

when is this going to be released?

Mid 2004 at the earliest. No firm date AFAIK.

Amazing, it sure looks nice, but come on, show us something in these trailers. They always show the same guy running around in the empty world. :\

I belive this one shows actual gameplay.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_2782.shtml

Beware the ragdoll physics and character animation in this vid, both are under heavy contruction.

Did they mention the MP ? I skimmed through the article but I didn't notice anything about it. In one interview the project leader said that they might implement MP in a Everquest fashion where you log on do you stuff and exit/save your progress. It would be great to share the experience with other human players, fighting over new objects, stalking each other

Nextgame.it: Multiplayer is nowadays kind of a "required" feature. It's strange to consider that for years the most interesting multiplayer feature, cooperative play, has been forgotten by developers. Now something is moving, mainly thank to teams from the eastern Europe like Croteam... and you are putting a coop mode in the game as well. Will the players be able to complete the game main campaign together?

GSC: Yes, there will be cooperative mode of play in Stalker and you'll be able to play through the game with your buddies. The multiplayer will basically, provide all the modes popular today - Deathmatch, CTF, Team Match, Cooperative. We plan some original multiplayer modes too.

Thank you Spock, that was very informative

Surak teaches that the longer knowledge is withheld, the more the value of that knowledge dwindles. Wisdom is wasted when not given freely to others who seek it.

Live long and prosper.

I hope the idiots know that these weapons are left-handed, and the guy is holding them right handed... It really annoys me a lot.

in..credible... that last scene in one of those, where its dark? the light relections are simply unbeatable. if they would release some better half-life 2 media.. MAYBE it would compare.

I've never had an intrest in the game... it just looks linear and boring...

Originally posted by Sgt.Igneri
I hope the idiots know that these weapons are left-handed, and the guy is holding them right handed... It really annoys me a lot.

That would be uncomfortable.

Originally posted by Joeyslucky22

Did you even read anything about that game? Linear? Sir, you are an idiot, as simple as that. You know how big maps will be? 20 km by 20 km, and very detailed (as you see in screenshots). You will have vehicles, so you don't need to run all the time. Yes, they have some boring trailers for this game, but I sure they will add much more when game is finished. Plus, game will have bunch of different endings.

By the way, are you saying this, because you are afraid this game will be better than HL2? It looks better, and who knows, maybe it will be better even in gameplay area.

I can't complain about the video, but I just wish they would show us a bit more of the actual gameplay. What they released so far just look like a bunch of tech demos.

Originally posted by Joeyslucky22
Either you haven't read about Stalker or you have no clue what linear means.

AFAIK, HL2 will be way more linear than Stalker.

Lone, game comes out in 2004, they have a lot of time.

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
Lone, game comes out in 2004, they have a lot of time.

Yeah, I guess you're right. If Valve only released the tech demo when the engine was done we would be saying "WTF is this?" too

Back