NEW Steam update...

RhapSidious

Reaction score
The news section on the Steam official site has updated. It seems a new Steam update will be available tonight (maybe one that has subscription options.) They seem to have ALOT of issues fixed. Hopefully the end is near.

Check it out...
http://www.steampowered.com/news.htm

Thx for informing me (And other people of course)..

Yeah.. i think thats what the message said, after the update.. i think

Yeah I'm really thinking about getting hl2 on steam aswell. If it's pre-cached a week before. Imagine that. 30th September comes then bang u can play it. How exciting...

yar a box just poped up saying steams going to update in 10 mins and i will have to restart it

Originally posted by Kamakiri
Do u need to close down steam and re-start it?

Yes, every update for the Steam Beta said this.

They'll be a message saying "Steam will now shut down, please restart Steam to update".

our wish carramrod...

Wait yeah u never know. They might throw in a video with the update...

Originally posted by carramrod
maybe they're getting ready to release the next videos

Don't get any hopes up.

(Secretly hoping they'll be a Half-Life 2 icon)

LOL I was about to post this, then I cilck on this post, then 5 seconds later it has 5 replies, jesus you people are FAST.

Oh the news post did. That's what you get for not 'reading' something carefully. heheh.

I hop steam will work with error free this time.

I would wait until HL2 released and then download steam.

Yeah, I just got the message that said Steam will be updating in 10 minutes (about 5 minutes ago), telling me I need to shutdown Steam to get the update.

I'm fairly certain it just fixes the crashes/bugs from Steams release.

Holy crap.. Steam is dying! The first six content servers just went down, and the seventh is overloaded!

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

Originally posted by Xtasy0
"fatal error: no content servers available"

heh.heh.

Poor Valve.

They try but it just doesn't work out.

Went to 28% REAL quick now it's going slow as hell. Got about 5% in 1 minutes :-/

Originally posted by Feath
Poor Valve.

They try but it just doesn't work out.

its going now ;) 45%
and the content servers are back up, i assume they had to pull em down and put the new update up and then throw em back up.

Appears to just be a bug fix, well, by looking the Steam news post that's all it seems to be.

All the content servers just went back up! yay!

I agree, poor Valve...they need, like, 20 Quad Xeon rigs with 5GB of RDRAM (1066Mhz) memory to support us all.

Mine hasn't said anything yet.

Ha

The Gamespy server is great "Current load 250%".

I think those Servers just went down because they were updating and not all the servers are updated that's why some at at full capacity and some aren't.

Ok, heres something a little interesting...I have never seen the Nexon content servers full (I don't even think they were full when 1.6/Steam had just came out). Anyone else a little curious to know just exactly those 4 servers are for? You'd think they would be using them for something, but they haven't yet ...

Back