NEW Steam update...

Originally posted by Fuzzy
Mine just went striaght through and updated in about 1 min. Seems like no big changes. Did seem to load more smoothly though:)

Its still taking 25megs of Ram:p
I still can't figure out why Steam is such a resource pig.

Originally posted by nw909
Meh, a cancel and re-open fixed it, 30% now.

Glad you could get it to work...hope Valve has it in tip top shape for the Half-Life 2 distribution.

It seems to be getting better and better for me. Every day it runs smoother and faster with less bugs. As long as they keep this up they should be able to pull it off.

Hi guys, Im Biggs i made a few mods for HL Existence and Goldeneye. Anyway i was digging around in the Steam Dir after this latest patch finished here is what i found:

"Condition Zero"
{
"ControlName" "Button"
"fieldName" "Condition Zero"
"xpos" "48"
"ypos" "116"
"wide" "108"
"tall" "24"
"autoResize" "0"
"pinCorner" "0"
"visible" "1"
"enabled" "1"
"tabPosition" "0"
"labelText" "Conditio..."
"textAlignment" "west"
"default" "0"
}
Some code for a CZ button and some interesting pictures

There is the 2nd pick, now why would they have a pick of a credit card and an HL2 icon? Hm....maybe cause they are definately gonna sell it on the 30th? :)

Originally posted by Biggs
Hi guys, Im Biggs i made a few mods for HL Existence and Goldeneye. Anyway i was digging around in the Steam Dir after this latest patch finished here is what i found:

"Condition Zero"
{
"ControlName" "Button"
"fieldName" "Condition Zero"
"xpos" "48"
"ypos" "116"
"wide" "108"
"tall" "24"
"autoResize" "0"
"pinCorner" "0"
"visible" "1"
"enabled" "1"
"tabPosition" "0"
"labelText" "Conditio..."
"textAlignment" "west"
"default" "0"
}
Some code for a CZ button and some interesting pictures

It's close, I can feel it! (gets goosebumps)

Originally posted by Biggs
There is the 2nd pick, now why would they have a pick of a credit card and an HL2 icon? Hm....maybe cause they are definately gonna sell it on the 30th? :)

That was used for the media.

the credit card and hl2 media icons have been in steam since long before it went out of beta.

- Added conversion wizard any time a cache for a game is created, if there is an existing installation to convert from.

I don't see this option :x

Mine's still going (I'm on dial-up). Never got the message - good thing I'm obsessing on the forums at 4 a.m. :)

The quick startup and graceful shutdown is plenty to make me happy!

Back